'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
4 Star

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2009-03-13 12:59 PM
6 replies, 3298 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

Gone
Reg. May 2005
Posted 2009-03-13 10:01 AM (#101274)
Subject: 4 Star

Elite Veteran

I did email this person and his reply is below. It's a total fraud to me. It's a 3 horse 10 ft sw 8 ft wide, 7 ft tall trailer with full living quarters. The pics that I received showed a very clean trailer. Mama always said, "If it sounds too good to be true, it is too good to be true."

Hi , Thanks for your interest in my 2002 4 Star Showtime Package With Living Quarters The trailer is still for sale. As you can see from the pictures the trailer is in excellent condition, serviced regularly and the tires and brakes are in very good condition, very well maintained. I only used this trailer to go to local horse shows and to riding lessons that were usually within a thirty mile radius. It does have a great floor and really nice heavy mats This trailer is priced very low ($12,000). I don't want to sell it, but due financial issues, I need to. The trailer is in Bay City, Michigan( as I moved here recently from Texas) but I can ship you the vehicle (Free Delivery within 500 mile radius). I can help you with shipping in US continental for low shipping fees. Need zip code to calculate shipping fees. The financial part of this transaction will be done through eBay Motors. If interested about this works or need more pictures/details just let me know!. Thank you, Rick TRAILER PHOTOS: Rick

Edited by Gone 2009-03-13 10:02 AM
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
Tresvolte
Reg. Feb 2008
Posted 2009-03-13 10:07 AM (#101275 - in reply to #101274)
Subject: RE: 4 Star

Other than price...it has all the fraud signs. Run!

Or ask them if it has the automatic pooper scooper. Or the 6 point safety harnesses and side air bags for the horses.

Gone
Reg. May 2005
Posted 2009-03-13 10:19 AM (#101277 - in reply to #101274)

Elite Veteran

Yep, but I was curious. It is so sad. There is absolutely no conscience with these individuals.....
2Lcustomtrucks
Reg. Apr 2008
Posted 2009-03-13 10:31 AM (#101279 - in reply to #101274)

Group

I am in the truck business and you would be shocked t how much crap is going on right now.  Like the cashiers checks that are either fraudulent or people stopping payment on them. (YES!!, you can stop pay a cashier's or certified check now)......

The ONLY way to do business today with a stranger is to have money wired into your account, and let your banker give out ALL of the info.  Then it is on them.

Wayland Long

www.2Lcustomtrucks.com

genebob
Reg. Nov 2007
Posted 2009-03-13 10:59 AM (#101283 - in reply to #101274)

Elite Veteran

Here's another new one. Just got busted here in our area. Seems they were able to use $5 bills, bleach them, then some how make them into $100 bills. The only way to be sure was by looking at the watermark and making sure the right picture was on them.

Wouldn't the world be great if these apparently intelligent people would put their talents to an honest use?

Edited by genebob 2009-03-13 11:01 AM

genebob
Reg. Nov 2007
Posted 2009-03-13 11:03 AM (#101285 - in reply to #101274)

Elite Veteran

I actually got a paragraph! Thanks Killrail!
cannh
Reg. Mar 2009
Posted 2009-03-13 12:59 PM (#101293 - in reply to #101274)

I work for a small trailer company and we have been swamped with emails to our info mail box with crap like this.

"Hello Good Day
This is Rev Kelly With regards to your Company i am sending this email
Regards to order some (Grain Trailers),i will like to know the type and sizes
you have in stock and get me the sales price of one so that i will tell you
the quantity i will be ordering , and also if you accept  credit card as a
form of payment .Waiting to hear
from you .
God Bless You
.Rev Kelly (owner)"

Notice he wants to pay with credit card.  Interesting I thought, so I played along, because I was curious to see how they could pull off the credit card thing  as opposed to the cashier check thing and I knew this was BOGUS!!!!! 

I answered, gave him a $15,000 price tag.  That was ok with him, would I contact the freight company to get a quote. Wants to ship it to South Africa.  Guess they have a large demand for Grain Trailers there.  Again, I played along, made the trailer 10' x10' x 6' and it weighed 10,000 lbs. with swivel axles. I asked him to provide me a telephone number for the shipping company because I wanted to talk with them to make sure the trailer would fit in the container to ship overseas and was "air tight" so we wouldn't have any rusting issues.  Wouldn't give me a number blowing about how reliable they were blah blah (in very broken English) and to please email them at the address he gave me. No way this trailer can fit in a container to ship overseas and I gave them a bogus address to ship it from and 4 minutes later got an email from the "freight" company (that had a gmail email account)  a quote for over $9,000, and payment would need to be made "via transfer".  This quote come from "Captain McCoy" from  Habor Shipping Company.  Email original guy back tells him  freight is set up and it would be $24,000 and some change to ship it.  He calls me with two credit card numbers.  Both had the same numbers except for the last 4.  Also he didn't bother to block his phone number.  After a reverse phone number search, we found he was in New Mexico.  He wants me to put $2500 on each card per day until it was paid and to wire the money to the Shipping company right away.  Told him couldn't do it he would have to pay the freight company direct and would have to be paid on one card.  He hung up.  Called our bank, they traced the card numbers to Barclays Bank, and we called their fraud department.  Good cards, but did not match the good Reverends name.  Gave the bank the phone number that the dude called from.  So my guess was we might have gotten one of the cards to go through so we may have gotten the $2500, on some innocent persons credit card and we would have been out the $9,000 for freight.  Hope the bank called the New Mexico police with the phone number.

So they are surfing the net and are targeting manufacturers now.  Crazy

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)