'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Need WW Horse Trailer info

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2009-02-24 1:32 PM
7 replies, 20700 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

lvh
Reg. Feb 2009
Posted 2009-02-18 6:23 PM (#99707)
Subject: Need WW Horse Trailer info

New User

I am considering buying a used WW horse trailer but I'm not familiar with this brand so I'm hoping someone on this forum can help me. I checked the WW manufacturers website but I still have some questions: How can you tell if an advertised trailer is one of their steel or aluminum models?What construction process do they use? For example...what are the roofs and floors made of?What is the approximate empty weight of a 2 horse steel trailer with a tack room?How do these trailers stand up to long term use- are they considered sturdy & safe?Are there any known issues with these trailers?Any info you can provide would be greatly appreciated!L
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
Killrail
Reg. Oct 2008
Posted 2009-02-19 1:59 PM (#99745 - in reply to #99707)
Subject: RE: Need WW Horse Trailer info

Veteran

I bought an '87 WW recently which needs some work, but it IS 22 years old. I feel that whomever got this trailer initially took decent care of it but no telling how many hands it went through before it got to me. It's not real bad but I feel proper maintenance would have prevented this from happening.
Mine is all steel of course, it does not have a tack room but it does have double tack doors with padded slide-out saddle racks and mine is said to weigh 3500# empty. It's a 2H straight load BP with tandem axle.
I have the phone # to the WW manufacturers in Madill, OK if you would like to call them and ask those questions.
Hope this helps.
trguy4820
Reg. Jul 2008
Posted 2009-02-19 4:18 PM (#99756 - in reply to #99707)

Regular

WW has been building trailer in Madill, Oklahoma since 1970. They have always been in the middle of the pack, quality wise. Structurally, they are good but paint has just been fair through the years. You should be able to look at an ad and tell if it is steel or aluminum, plus the price of the trailer should also be an indication of which it is. Their steel trailers have steel roofs and their aluminum trailers have aluminum roofs. The 2H steel weighs from 1900 lbs. to 2500 lbs. empty. The 2H aluminum weighs about 1800 to 1900 lbs. We sold a 1983 model this week that was still in good usable condition. They stand up fine if they are taken care of properly (that is the same with any trailer). They are sturdy and I know of no issues in particular. Hope this helps.
lvh
Reg. Feb 2009
Posted 2009-02-19 6:07 PM (#99761 - in reply to #99707)

New User

Thank you for the posts with the info- definitely helpful! 
Mini Oaks
Reg. Nov 2005
Posted 2009-02-19 8:39 PM (#99763 - in reply to #99707)

We have a 14' 2002 WW "All Around" BP model trailer purchased new. We've put over 25,000 miles on this trailer to date hauling a quarter horse or miniature horses. The only repair to date was a new set of tires due to normal wear, plus the age of the tires (6+ years). Besides, I needed tires for a flatbed utility trailer and preferred to have the new tires on the horse trailer. It's kept under a barn so it's out of the weather most of the time, so basically no rust spots. As stated above, the paint is not the best, but really can't complain. It's an all steel trailer and the Mfg Certificate of Origin shows the weight as 2,150 lbs. It has a treated wood floor and we added rubber trailer mats and have had absolutely no problems. If I had to, I would not hesitate to buy another one.
greyhorse
Reg. Nov 2005
Posted 2009-02-19 10:58 PM (#99770 - in reply to #99707)

Extreme Veteran

I've got a 1986 GN 4H slant/stock combo (guess that's what you would call it). All steel, original wooden floor, and it has probably around 300,000 miles of pulling on it. It's not in great shape now but it's still usable. Paint never was that great and rust is really starting to eat it up now but for the way it has been used I would say it was a pretty good trailer.
Jbsny
Reg. Apr 2004
Posted 2009-02-21 7:44 AM (#99828 - in reply to #99707)

Extreme Veteran

I bought a WW in 1986 and hauled it for several years.  That was a nice solid little trailer.  I sold it to a friend and she used it up to about 2005 where she sold it to a friend who did some repairs on it and it is still going strong.  If I recall, the trailer was a 1979 when I bought it.  I remember the trailer hauled like a dream, I never felt it back there.  The only reason I sold it was because I got bigger horses and my new QH didn't fit well in the shorter stall. 

I agree that the paint wasn't the best but I would recommend one.

Jbsny

Trailer Doctor 33
Reg. Feb 2009
Posted 2009-02-24 1:32 PM (#100071 - in reply to #99707)

hmmm
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World