'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Trailer Leaking??

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2009-02-16 3:00 PM
3 replies, 3950 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

skip05
Reg. Feb 2009
Posted 2009-02-15 10:43 PM (#99529)
Subject: Trailer Leaking??

New User

Hello All,  This is my first post on here so here it goes.....We have an 06 Cherokee gooseneck.  We are in the middle of a do it yourself pannelling (sp?) project.  We have everything but the floor and bed insulated.  We hauled it this weekend through some VERY heavy rain in south MS.  When I got up on the bed that night it was wet by the nose.  Later I also realized it was wet on the floor beside the door on the short side and a part was wet on the long wall side as well.  Now we dont know where it leaked or if we should cont with insulating the floor, pannelling ect....Any ideas on how to find the leak or tips on materials to use on the floor incase it happens again????

thanks

share Top of the page Bottom of the page
gard
Reg. Aug 2007
Posted 2009-02-16 8:08 AM (#99540 - in reply to #99529)
Subject: RE: Trailer Leaking??

Expert

If you experienced a leak once, you will again. If you have water in the front of the GN, it may be coming in through the roof as there are no windows in that area. I would check all the caulking on the roof and renew it as necessary. I would also remove all the front marker lamps, clean off the old caulking, apply new polyurethane sealant and reinstall the lights.

Water on the floor can also come from the side windows or door. If one person were inside the compartment and one outside with a hose, it should be easily evident to spot any leaks, sourcing from these spots.

Gard

retento
Reg. Aug 2004
Posted 2009-02-16 8:12 AM (#99541 - in reply to #99529)

Expert

Did you buy it new? Have you contacted your dealer? Have you read your warranty?

http://www.cherokeetrailers.net/CherokeeWarranty.pdf

I would give Cherokee a call, they may give you some pointers on what to do, where to and who to take ot to.... If it's leaking they probably want to know.

http://www.cherokeetrailers.net/contactus.php

skip05
Reg. Feb 2009
Posted 2009-02-16 3:00 PM (#99572 - in reply to #99529)

New User

Thanks for the advice!!
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'