'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
titan trailers

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2008-12-09 12:50 PM
5 replies, 3875 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

candielena
Reg. Dec 2008
Posted 2008-12-07 2:58 PM (#95872)
Subject: titan trailers

New User

hi, i am interested in buying a titan bumper trailer can anyone tell me if these are a good trailer to buy? good and bad points.

thanks

share Top of the page Bottom of the page
ponytammy
Reg. Jan 2005
Posted 2008-12-07 6:08 PM (#95882 - in reply to #95872)
Subject: RE: titan trailers

Elite Veteran

Are you looking a straight or slant load? My experience with Titan slant dividers has been the retractable divider is hard to pull in and out, especially over time when rust begins to occur or if a horse bows the divider a bit. This the number one complaint I have with Titan. The overall construction of a Titan is good.

Also look at Trailswest Adventure. This model has a telescoping divider that latches and lies flat against the wall. I've owned both makes and prefered the Trailswest for ease of use and overall construction.

gabz
Reg. Oct 2003
Posted 2008-12-07 7:50 PM (#95884 - in reply to #95872)

Expert

Titan makes several models (and levels) of trailers. Avalanche, Classic, and Renegade?  (the one that's a little more high end).

I have a 2004 3H GN, 4'shortwall Tital Avalanche. No rear tack. Slant. Has one fixed divider and one adjustable divider. I'm not having any trouble with the adjustable one. I apply some WD40 to it fairly regularly. 

2 rear doors. What I don't like is that with no rear tack on the slant, there is also no butt bar or chain. I think that's a safety issue. It means the back horse is leaning on the rear doors. If you get a rear tack, there will be a butt bar or chain.

I think there is good value in Titan trailers. The panels are galvanealed steel. I'm not sure about the frame and structure as the brochures (and sales people) only claim galvanealed "panels".

Titan has been in business for a few years; they seem to be consistent in their product. I think that Titan trailers are a very good value for the price. Not high end, not at the bottom. Good latches, good drop down windows. Sliders ... could be a little better.

I had trouble with the seams between the roof sections causing leaks. I took it to an RV place to had all the old stuff removed and new applied. My trailer goes over a somewhat rough road everytime I take it out and home. I think the torgueing of going over uneven ground is what loosens the seams/joints between roof panels.

There is no padding on the dividers or butt wall. Stalls are an okay size for up 16 hand horse.

The rear light switch (to turn on interior horse area lights) on mine keeps failing. I've replaced it 2 times. When it fails, it affects the pass side tail lights.

Edited by gabz 2008-12-09 10:55 AM
wwrgirl
Reg. Aug 2008
Posted 2008-12-09 9:16 AM (#95937 - in reply to #95884)

Hi Gabz I have had that same problem with my interior lights and now it makes sense why my side lights don't work.  Did you take it to a dealership to be fixed or somewhere else.  Thanks
gabz
Reg. Oct 2003
Posted 2008-12-09 10:54 AM (#95941 - in reply to #95937)

Expert

At the drive-side rear taillight, there is a hole into the side of the trailer. The connectors are there. Once the switch goes, you lose power to the opposite tail light.

The first time I fixed the connections and replaced the switch (I bought 2 different switches and used the one that matched the old one.)  But the switch is a piece of crap and shouldn't be there... too low to the ground and it collects all the crud.  The second time, I took it to an RV place. They installed an electrical box behind the driver-side taillight and a supposedly waterproof switch... we'll see how it fares. I had that done in April 08.

The RV place is closer than taking it back to the dealer ... The trailer is an 2004. Out of warranty for that type of thing.

gard
Reg. Aug 2007
Posted 2008-12-09 12:50 PM (#95948 - in reply to #95872)

Expert

Some other sources for waterproof switches are marinas or marine supply catalogues. They are heavy duty,waterproof and long lasting. They are available in a wide variety of actions and terminal types.

Gard

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)