'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Proper Tire Rotation for a Dually

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2008-09-04 10:43 PM
4 replies, 4767 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

A Friend In PA
Reg. Aug 2007
Posted 2008-09-04 11:56 AM (#90957)
Subject: Proper Tire Rotation for a Dually

Hello!

Can anyone recommend the proper tire rotation method for a dual rear wheel truck?  I had a bad experience the last time.  I wasn't aware at the time that my mechanic not only rotated the front tires, but actually turned them around, which means they were rolling in the opposite direction (backwards) of how they had been previously rolling.  I went on a 2,000 + mile trip and about 1/2 way through my trip a cord broke on the drivers side front tire.  Luckily, I felt a vibration, got off the road and bought new front tires immediately.  Now with that trip behind me, I think it is time to rotate all of the tires.  Any suggestions, sharing of experiences, etc., would be most appreciated.  Thanks!

share Top of the page Bottom of the page
retento
Reg. Aug 2004
Posted 2008-09-04 1:22 PM (#90959 - in reply to #90957)
Subject: RE: Proper Tire Rotation for a Dually

Expert

I never rotate my dually tires.... When they wear out, I replace them..... By the time you pay a tire shop to rotate them five or six time during the life of the tires... You've spent enough money to buy a couple of Michelin LTX M/S's. Mine always seem to all wear out at about the same time.
Tresvolte
Reg. Feb 2008
Posted 2008-09-04 3:00 PM (#90962 - in reply to #90957)

I have always rotated my duals this way; left front to left rear outside - left rear outside to left rear inside - left rear inside to left front - right front to right rear outside - right rear outside to right rear inside - right rear inside to right front.

As far as my cars go; right front to left rear - left rear to left front - left front to right rear - right rear to right front.

Anytime you rotate to opposite sides on cars, as recommended by most, you roll the tire backwards. The only time you worry about it, the tires will be marked with an arrow or stamped on the side of the tire as inside or outside.

N2ridin
Reg. Nov 2003
Posted 2008-09-04 8:44 PM (#90984 - in reply to #90957)

Elite Veteran

My dually tires were just rotated the same way as Tresvolte
traumajunkie
Reg. Aug 2008
Posted 2008-09-04 10:43 PM (#90995 - in reply to #90957)

I buy tires from a dealer that will rotate them free every 5000 miles. Now I wait a little longer but I get my moneys worth when I do take it in. My front wheels and two outside wheels are aluminum and the two inside rear are steel. You cant just move them all around without messing something up. So, the tire shop has to pull each tire off the rim and remount and balance it. Life is great, just drop off truck and pick it back up in a few hours. 
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)