'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
What supplies do I need for my new trailer?

Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2007-07-19 2:15 AM
26 replies, 10463 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

mguthrie
Reg. Feb 2004
Posted 2007-07-09 3:50 PM (#63520)
Subject: What supplies do I need for my new trailer?

Just got my 2 horse straight load trailer and I am making a list of supplies that I think I need. I have looked at a few catologs but with all the choices I just do not know which item to get.  

Please give me your suggestions and manufacture name brands if you have a favorite.

1. Trailer ties- bungee or adjustable nylon, break away velcro type. Which type of snap do I need and which end do I hook to the trailer?

The trailer has 3 tie rings, front corner above escape door window, in front of bus window next to chest bar and one on the inside of the head divider. Which is the best location to hang the hay net?  

2.  Tool kit, flash light, drive on type tire changer and emergancy triangle.

Any ideas and advice will be greatly apprectiate.

share Top of the page Bottom of the page
headhunter
Reg. Oct 2004
Posted 2007-07-09 4:03 PM (#63521 - in reply to #63520)
Subject: RE: What supplies do I need for my new trailer?

Elite Veteran

1) Membership to US Rider (auto club membership similar to AAA but they will tow a horse trailer and other horse-specific benefits)

2) Torque wrench

3) Tire star that fits both truck and trailer lug nuts.

I made a checklist on an Excel spreadsheet that I have attached.  Mine is specific to a LQ trailer for multiple day shows so many of the item won't be relevant for you, but you are welcome to borrow and plagarize as a starting point for your own checklist. 

headhunter
Reg. Oct 2004
Posted 2007-07-09 4:10 PM (#63522 - in reply to #63520)

Elite Veteran

Originally written by mguthrie on 2007-07-09 1:50 PM

1. Trailer ties- bungee or adjustable nylon, break away velcro type. Which type of snap do I need and which end do I hook to the trailer?

I have to use cross ties as trailer ties as I have an extra-tall trailer and the trailer ties are not long enough.  I put the safety snap on the trailer side and the regular snap on the horse.  That way, if they break away, there is still something to function as a lead rope attached to the horse.  I know other people that put the safety snap end on the horse and leave the lead rope attached to the halter, just tucked into the manger area. 

notfromtexas
Reg. Jan 2007
Posted 2007-07-09 6:33 PM (#63534 - in reply to #63520)

Veteran

Don't forget the duct tape!  Always comes in handy.   A first aid kit that is JUST for the trailer (so you won't take it out and forget it), and a Trailer-Aid are my suggestions.
hosspuller
Reg. Oct 2003
Posted 2007-07-09 7:02 PM (#63536 - in reply to #63520)

Expert

Originally written by mguthrie on 2007-07-09 2:50 PM

Please give me your suggestions and manufacture name brands if you have a favorite.

The trailer has 3 tie rings, front corner above escape door window, in front of bus window next to chest bar and one on the inside of the head divider. Which is the best location to hang the hay net?  

Any ideas and advice will be greatly apprectiate. 

I would attach the panic snap to the trailer and the hook to the horse.  Consider trying to release the panic snap when it's attached to a horse that's having a melt-down in the trailer.  With the panic snap at the window you merely have to reach in a little way and the horse is released.  And with a short shank attached to his halter too!

The hay net should be hung high from the furthest tie ring from the horse.  As hay nets are emptied, they droop.  A front hoof caught in the net is unpleasant for all concerned. 

Edited by hosspuller 2007-07-09 7:09 PM
Dunoir
Reg. Sep 2005
Posted 2007-07-10 7:34 AM (#63559 - in reply to #63520)

Elite Veteran

besides what has already been mentioned: 5 gallon water container as you never know if there will be water where you stop or if you run into trouble. fork for cleaning maure, broom for sweeping

laxpatrick
Reg. Aug 2004
Posted 2007-07-10 9:00 AM (#63566 - in reply to #63520)

Veteran

Here's what we've got in ours:
Heavy duty chocks
Star lug wrench
Level (for LQ)
Leveling blocks (for LQ)
Horsey string lights for the campsite
12x12 popup awning
Muck bucket with shavings, fork, shovel
Gooseneck/tongue lock (keeps honest thieves honest, really not much more)
If you have a bumper, those donuts for the tongue look interesting, not sure if they actually work
Extra halter, lead rope
Fly spray
Hay bags (use at your own discretion)
Water bucket
Shipping boots (we used to use them, haven't in the last couple of years)

LAXPatrick
crowleysridgegirl
Reg. Apr 2005
Posted 2007-07-10 9:54 AM (#63570 - in reply to #63536)

Expert

Won't the breakaway snap(panic) maybe fly back and hit the horse if it releases and it is attached to the ring,instead of the horse?? I had a friend that this has happened to more than once,and he no longer even uses them.I use them,but,I attach the panic snap to the horses halter.I keep my lead rope on my horse too.
hosspuller
Reg. Oct 2003
Posted 2007-07-10 11:39 AM (#63579 - in reply to #63570)

Expert

Originally written by crowleysridgegirl on 2007-07-10 8:54 AM

Won't the breakaway snap(panic) maybe fly back and hit the horse if it releases and it is attached to the ring,instead of the horse?? I had a friend that this has happened to more than once,and he no longer even uses them.I use them,but,I attach the panic snap to the horses halter.I keep my lead rope on my horse too.

If the panic snap is on the trailer window, ...The panic snap will go toward the horse but it won't be very fast or hard.  Avoiding the potential damage to the human reaching in toward the horse is a fair trade off.  Of course this doen't apply to the bungie ties.  Then the released snap will fly back toward either the horse or person HARD and FAST.  There will be a bruise or worse in that case.  I won't use or recommend a bungie tie for that reason alone.

farmbabe
Reg. Nov 2003
Posted 2007-07-10 12:14 PM (#63581 - in reply to #63520)

Expert

I like a extra lead rope and halter. Of course, spare tire and wrench,the thingy to drive the trailer up on to change the tire. I don't tie horses in the trailer so I have no opinion about trailer ties. Unless I am traveling a long distance, I don't have hay bags either. I keep a small tool box with flash lights and a few tools plus I can store fly spray and brushes to keep in the trailer ( although I have raided this box when I run out of stuff in the barn) I do like the tool( plastic) boxes for storage- they are stackable, easy to stow just about anywhere and carry about.
RoperChick
Reg. Dec 2005
Posted 2007-07-10 2:26 PM (#63595 - in reply to #63520)

Veteran

In addition to what others have mentioned, we carry a hose, a couple days extra hay (in case there's a problem and our trip is longer than expected), banamine and chairs.
lostinohio
Reg. Feb 2006
Posted 2007-07-10 10:18 PM (#63633 - in reply to #63520)

In addition to above mentioned items, we also include extra flymasks,leads,halters, spare girth, front cinches,reins(barrel racing type) and snaps(like used on reins). I totally agree with bringing hay(full hay bale zipper bag works great) and water. A short day trip can always become longer with a vehicle or trailer breakdown. A current copy of our horses coggins stays in the trailer also. We also keep a hoof clipper and rasp file aboard. Has saved the day before in taking care of a chipped hoof or having to pull a shoe that has half twisted off. Diaper(or gauze) and vet wrap in case of bad horse cut. Fly spray, people bug spray, sunscreen(for people and horses with light muzzles). The list could go on and on. Better to have it and not need it. Good luck.
inIndiana
Reg. Feb 2005
Posted 2007-07-10 11:45 PM (#63640 - in reply to #63520)

Veteran

I don't use the bungee ties anymore either. Had one break when horse pulled back and he almost lost an eye. Plus it made him real headshy for awhile after that.
I also put the reg. snap on the halter end and the panic snap on the ring on the trailer. Makes sense not to have to reach into the trailer and try to get ahold of the halter, when you have a horse in panic mode.

I have a lead rope on my horse also and lay the end in the manager. Just to have a back-up on the horse to be able to catch it if something did happen.
All of the items mentioned have been good ideas. I cannot say enough about taking water and hay along even if its not suppose to be a long trip. You never know......
rose
Reg. Feb 2004
Posted 2007-07-11 12:25 PM (#63664 - in reply to #63520)

wow, what a lot of wonderful suggestions.  I would add a sharp pocket knife or utility cutter knife. 

Also think hag bags are much better than hay nets.

flyinghfarm
Reg. Mar 2004
Posted 2007-07-11 10:26 PM (#63717 - in reply to #63520)

Expert

I also carry a little tacklebox with a 12v test light, electrical tape, and a spare tailight and bulbs, fuses for everything and fuse pullers. Pocket size phillips and standard screwdrivers.  Also adapters, should I need to plug  my 6 hole trailer into a 7 way truck to get my critters somewhere if my truck was broken down.  (Several adapters, I confess)  Carry a Spyderco rescue knife on me anyhow, too.  Also, a cattle ear tag cutter (does super cutting hay strings, leads and safety belts in emergencies without cutting horses etc!) which is dirt cheap.   And at the sporting goods dept, I get these neat little headlamp flashlight deals, great for when you can't hold the flashlight and do whatever...very handy.

Edited by flyinghfarm 2007-07-11 10:30 PM
inIndiana
Reg. Feb 2005
Posted 2007-07-12 1:47 AM (#63734 - in reply to #63520)

Veteran

Just thought of something else I have. One of those pop-up leaf collection things. Makes a great trash can! I got mine at Rural King back in the garden center. The tack stores sell these things made by Professional Choice (I think thats who) that are smaller than what I have. I can use a 33 gal trash bag in mine.

One easy way to haul water in 5 gal. buckets w/o lids, is to put trash bag in the bucket first. Then fill and tie bag at the top.

I have those portable bridle racks over my rear tack wall for more hanging space.

A garden cart is usually cheaper than one advertised as a "poop cart".

A high-line/picket kit is handy if you get to somewhere that does not have, or has bad, hitch posts.

One of those awning mats (goes under awning) is handy. Keeps grass from getting tracked in your trailer. Water runs through it and it sweeps clean easy. I picked mine up at Congress, but any RV store has them. Also that is a great place to shop for things for your horse trailer for camping.
mingiz
Reg. Jul 2004
Posted 2007-07-12 6:56 AM (#63738 - in reply to #63520)

Elite Veteran

For your awning I also carry awning tie downs (4) for the top to attach to the awning for windy days helps from keeping it from ripping off the trailer were it is attached and I also use the tie downs that go from the awning to the ground to stablize it much better. A good wind will lift them and rip them off... As for changing a tire I have the drive up item and it has come in handy but I also carry a small floor jack.
farmbabe
Reg. Nov 2003
Posted 2007-07-12 7:01 AM (#63739 - in reply to #63520)

Expert

Now you need yet another trailer to carry all the gear for the first- and then you'd need to carry a whole new set of extra stuff for the second, which means you'd need ANOTHER rig for the that..............

Carrying some extra supplies and stuff is a great idea BUT you can only stow so many things before you plain old run out of room and with a two horse trailer that won't take much time. The ideas here a great but you have to pair it down and figure out what you should take,what you can't and what you live without...or buy at walmart.....

gabz
Reg. Oct 2003
Posted 2007-07-12 2:15 PM (#63791 - in reply to #63520)

Expert

Tie Safe trailer ties. THese are the ones with velcro holding them together. They work FANTASTICALLY.  Had a mare bust loose from a trailer - the velcro split and she still had the "half" attached to her halter for catching. I use the cross-tie length on my picket line.

If all your tie rings are up high - higher than you can easily reach, you may want to do this. Take a nylon web trailer tie - non adjustable (less hardware) with a panic snap and make a loop with it on your tie ring (hook panic snap to the slide or bull snap). Then, attach your horse's trailer tie to that loop - using the panic snap end on the looped trailer tie and the slide snap end on the halter.

I do not recommend hay nets in the trailer; I use a windowpane style hay bag... however, I have had a horse get her foot into that window-pane style hay bag (same one that ran over me to exit the trailer... long story... ) that was hanging more than chest high... (She reared up and did it).window pane style haybag

After I had to get in the trailer with this mare and undo the hay bag (2 straps), I have changed my ways. ALL HAY BAGS are now and forever more attached with panic snaps!!! Country Supply sells ones with a large eye - buy several - they are also good for tying outside the trailer.

Tool kit is good. Be sure to get the "X" lug nut wrench that will fit the lugs on both your tow vehicle AND the trailer.

A No-pest strip to hang in the trailer to keep wasps and hornets from nesting in the horse area. A can of wasp spray in case they do anyway .. or you end up parked by ground bees.

Lots of hooks for hanging things UP HIGH.

The water jugs that I like are blue square with white "faucets". You turn them inside out for the faucet part and they have a white vent cap. You can sit them on their side and use the faucet part. I covered the bottoms of 2 of them with duct tape to help protect them from scratches and cuts. They've lasted me 7 or 8 years so far.

Step-stool tool box. This can be your step into the dressing room (DR), and can hold your first aid stuff. It also doubles as a mounting block or step into the back of your truck.  I keep a small hammer, several pliers, leather punch, emergency cold paks, bottle of iodine, bottle of saline solution, duct tape, sugar cubes, and extra hardware (double-ended BRASS snaps, large eye panic snaps, scissors, thermometer & KY, antibacterial hand *soap*  - for you and the horse, shoe laces/ hay bale twine, etc.)

Compass & whistle.

Sugar Cubes... Can be crushed and mixed with medicine. Can be crushed and mixed with iodine for a drawing salve (hoof especially), can be used to "treat" a horse as a reward.  Can be added to water to encourage a horse to drink.

Iodine, can be diluted and used as a wash.

Sterile Saline Solution (near contact lense supplies in stores) - can be used to flush ANY WOUND - even your own, safe to flush eyes with. Can be used to bathe snotty noses too.

Spare halter and lead.  If you will be using a head bumper, you can double halter your horse ... that way, once you arrive at your destination, you can remove the halter with the headbumper on it and still have a halter on the horse. Use the non-head bumper halter for attaching the lead.

KCW
Reg. Nov 2003
Posted 2007-07-13 1:28 PM (#63857 - in reply to #63791)

Veteran

Have fun.............be safe!

Items to carry with you on trips:

• Always, always carry a first-aid kit with you, and make sure that it is fully stocked!
  • Bring along extra water for drinking and for cleaning wounds, should any occur.
  • Have an emergency kit that contains your identification, insurance papers, vehicle license and registration papers, as well as a list of names and numbers to be contacted in case of an emergency. This contact list should include your veterinarian and relatives or friends that you wish to be reached.
  • If you're going to be traveling down an interstate, be sure to carry up-to-date equine health certificates and proof of negative Coggins (EIA).
  • Keep in your tow vehicle a jack, tire iron, spare tire, jumper cables, spare belts and hoses, a tool kit, tow chain, replacement fuses, work gloves, portable air compressor, road atlas, cash and/or credit card.
  • Store in your trailer a spare tire (for the trailer), a tire iron and jack (if trailer takes a different size than the tow vehicle), chocks, 3 emergency triangles, flashlight, electrical and duct tape, equine first aid kit with splint, knife, buckets and sponge, a spare halter and lead rope, spare bulbs and fuses, WD-40, fire extinguisher, broom, pitchfork, shovel, insect spray, and manure disposal bags.
  • If you're traveling during winter months, you should bring some extra horse blankets, extra people blankets, sand, red flag for your antenna (if you get stranded), a candle, lighter or matches, and tire chains.

Emergency First Aid Kit

The following items assembled into an emergency kit will help you handle most situations. These items are not only for use on the trailer, but are good to have around the barn. Discuss this list with your own veterinarian, he may have other suggestions that are appropriate for you and your situation.

• ROLL COTTON - 2 rolls
  • ROLL GAUZE - 4 rolls ( 4" or 6")
  • GAUZE SQUARES
  • CLEAN STANDING BANDAGES - 2 quilt or fleece with outer wraps
  • ADHESIVE TAPE
  • 24" SECTION OF 6" PVC PIPE which has been split in half lengthwise - for splinting; check that diameter of pipe fits your horse.
  • COHESIVE FLEXIBLE BANDAGE - 2 - 4" (Vetrap or Co-flex)
  • STICKY ROLL BANDAGE - Elastikon
  • THERMOMETER
  • STETHOSCOPE
  • MOSQUITO FORCEPS
  • SCISSORS
  • TWITCH
  • ANTISEPTIC SOAP - Betadine etc.
  • HYDROGEN PEROXIDE
  • ANTIBACTERIAL OINTMENT - Nitrofurozone Dressing or Triple Antibiotic
  • ANTIBACTERIAL SPRAY POWDER - Furox Spray
  • OPTHALMIC OINTMENT AND SALINE EYE WASH - Without cortizone or steriods
  • BUTAZOLIDIN PASTE (bute)
  • BANAMINE GRANULES OR PASTE
  • BUCKET
  • WATER - 10 gallons or more

All medications should be given on the advice of your own veterinarian or the veterinarian treating the condition. IMPROPER USE OF TRANQUILIZERS AND OTHER MEDICATION CAN RESULT IN THE LOSS OF YOUR HORSE.

PRE-TRIP CHECKLISTS

TRAILER

CHECK:  Tire Air Pressure:  RF_____  RR_____  LF _____ LR_____
        SPARE_____  (Should be ___ lbs.)
        Electric Hook-Up_____  Electric Brakes_____
        Break-away Brakes_____
        Lights:  Exterior_____  Interior_____
        Floorboards_____  Ceiling (look for wasp nests)_____
        Door Latches_____
LOAD:   Tack_____  Horse Care Items_____  Equine First Aid Kit___
OTHER:  ________________  ________________  _________________
        (An easy way to check your electric brakes is to manually
        apply them when you're moving the trailer.  They should 
        stop the forward motion of your vehicle without having to 
        apply the foot brake.)

HORSE EQUIPMENT

TACK: (clean, repair, pack)

Saddles_____  _____  Breast Collars_____  _____  
      Saddle Blankets/Pads_____  _____  Bridles_____ _____
      Cinches_____  _____  Halters_____  _____
      Lead Ropes_____  _____  Travel Wraps_____  _____
      Saddle Bags_____  Horn Bag_____  Boda Bags_____ _____
      Other_________________  ________________  _________________
      (We have two blanks after most entries since we typically 
      take at least two horses on any event trip.  Thus each 
      category can be checked off for each horse.)

HORSE CARE ITEMS:

Body Brush_____  Face Brush_____  Rubber Curry_____
      Mane/Tail Comb_____  Hoof Pick_____  Fly Spray_____
      Hay Nets_____  Wad-r Bucket_____  Feed Bucket_____
      Hay_____  Grain_____
      EXTRAS:  Halter_____  Lead Rope_____  Reins_____
                Cinch_____  Latigos_____

EQUINE FIRST-AID:

Elastic Bandages_____  Leg Wraps_____  Kotex_____
      Cotton Balls_____  Clean Cloths_____  Sponge_____
      Antiseptic Ointment_____  Wound Dust_____  Salve_____
      Liniment_____  Rubbing Alcohol______  Bute_____
      Scissors_____  Knife_____  Pins_____
      Forceps/Tweezers_____
      Other_______________  ________________ _____________

SADDLE BAGS:
      Knife_____  Pliers w/Wire Cutter_____  Area Map_____
      Small First Aid Kit_____  Camera and Film_____
      Lip Balm_____ Aspirin_____  Antihistamines_____
      Chicago Screws_____ Horseshoe Nails_____  Hard Candy_____
      Hoof Pick_____ Kleenex_____  
      Other________________  _________________ _______________
      (This checklist applies to trail rides)

Any time we travel out of the immediate area, we figure it's a good time to give the pickup truck a once over. More than once we've found an item or two which needed attention.

TRUCK

CHECK:  Tire Air Pressure;  RF_____  RR_____  LF_____ LR_____
        SPARE_____  (Should be ___ lbs.)
        Water_____  Anti-Freeze_____  Windshield Fluid_____ 
        Oil_____  Power Steering Fluid ______
        Transmission Fluid_____  Brake Fluid_____  Jack_____
        Lug Wrench_____  Flares_____  Fire Extinguisher_____
        Water Jug (filled)_____
EXTRA:  Oil_____  Fan Belt_____  Fuses_____
FILL:   Fuel/Main Tank_____  Auxiliary Tank_____
CLEAN:  Cab_____  Bed_____  Windows_____  Exterior_____
OTHER:  ________________  ________________  ________________

Add this to your list:
EQUINE EMERGENCY NUMBER:
1-800-GET-A-DVM Veterinarian Locator Service
Be a good number to have in your truck & trailer!

LQ Trailers: Check the batteries in all of the detectors.

KCW

Email: karl1952@email.com

Oh, Don't forget the Beer.        

Edited by KCW 2007-07-13 1:52 PM
shesteamropin
Reg. Feb 2007
Posted 2007-07-16 2:09 AM (#63934 - in reply to #63520)

I have read this post twice over just to giggle..we must look like the Beverly Hillbilllies when pulling to a roping LOL. I have a 3 horse slant and only pull 2 horses, so the stud stall doubles as the BBQ grill holder for Saturday steak night, also holds the bicycles for pedaling back an forth to the arena, the barn etc., holds the small poop shovel and broom, the hay and feed containers, and dog food bowls. In my tack compartment i also have one of those nylon shoe holders that hang and hold like 20 pairs of shoes. But this is where i keep my vet supplies, brushes, splint boots, rubber bands, shampoo, and fly sprays. that thing is a god send and in no way takes up any space. Walmart for a couple $'s, ya cant beat it. I only carry 2 water buckets, and i leave them in with the horses, is very hot down here in south Florida, so make sure they always have access to water. I dont carry feed buckets, I use the combined hay bag with feeder, get those off Ebay from equiteric....wonderful things they are, when not in use, just fold up flat and store anywhere.
Terri
Reg. Jan 2004
Posted 2007-07-16 12:52 PM (#63966 - in reply to #63934)

Expert

How well do those feed/hay bags hang?  I've never seen one in person and in most pictures they look like they would sag and spill out the feed.  Do they?
shesteamropin
Reg. Feb 2007
Posted 2007-07-16 10:38 PM (#64003 - in reply to #63520)

No, not at all, they have 2 straps on either side to hang from, and they are adjustable for height...They are made by Sedona...the grain feeder has a plastic inner core around the edges, this keeps it open and keeps from spilling the grain out. I was a lil skeptical at first, but have actually had good luck with them so far.
KCW
Reg. Nov 2003
Posted 2007-07-17 11:44 AM (#64022 - in reply to #64003)

Veteran

TRAILER FIRST AID KIT

You never know what you'll encounter when you trailer out, and you shouldn't go out unprepared. Here's what we've found to be a practical first aid kit to carry in our horse trailers (in addition to the standard "automobile" first aid kit in the pickup). It all fits nicely in a standard tackle box.

"HUMAN" COMPARTMENT

1. Pocket first aid kit 10. 12cc bent tip catheter
2. Baggie of band-aids and towelettes 11. Scissors
3. 2X3 gauze pads 12. Forceps & tweezers
4. Kotex (for bulk dressing) 13. Kleenex
5. Clear bandaging tape 14. Sewing kit
6. Bandanna 15. Insect sting swabs
7. Antibiotic ointment 16. Eye pad
8. "DESITIN" ointment 17. Tylenol
9. Zinc oxide ointment 18. Rolaids
"HORSE" COMPARTMENT
1. 2x2 gauze pads 12. Electrolytes
2. "KLING" dressing 13. Nitrofurazone ointment
3. Kotex (for bulk dressing) 14. "CUT HEAL"
4. Vet wrap 15. "FURALL" spray
5. 36" latex bandage 16. Leather belt
6. Leg wrap 17. Hoof Pick w/ brush
7. Betadine solution (diluted) 18. 12cc syringe w/o needle
8. Phenylbutazone ("BUTE") tabs or paste 19. Duct tape
9. V elcro straps 20. Small rubber bands
10. "B-KALM" paste 21. Sponge
11. "SWAT" fly repellant ointment 22. 2) 5" pc. of garden hose*

* Garden hose pieces can be used to keep nasal airways open in the event of snake bite or anaphylactic shock.

Other items in the trailer should include an extra halter and lead rope, clippers or grooming scissors, an old bath towel, twitch, sponge, and a clean bucket.

Be sure to inspect your first aid supplies periodically, particularly at the beginning and end of each "trailering" season!

shesteamropin
Reg. Feb 2007
Posted 2007-07-17 12:23 PM (#64027 - in reply to #63520)

I printed off your check list...can come in handy for sure! anddddddddd where did you find the horse trailer mail box? I love it!

Being a FF / EMT..my first aid bag is more of a roll along suitcase. One compartment for human, one for horses. Being a team roper I see a lot of lost fingers, broken bones, burns, heat illnesses. I even cary an Ambu bag with me in case someone ever goes into cardiac arrest god forbid, but it does happen and im prepared. I have worked more than my share of vehicle accidents involving animals being trailered, horses, cattle etc. And that big ol bag of mine shore comes in handy. My man laughs about the "suitcase", but you can imagine how many times he's brought someone to the trailer for medical attention, or drug me to a stull to render aid. Id rather be over prepared than under anyday.

Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)