'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Bloomer Trailers Bought Duster Conversions???

Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2009-05-19 11:09 AM
29 replies, 17295 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

Panhandle Slim
Reg. Dec 2008
Posted 2008-12-06 10:52 PM (#95852)
Subject: Bloomer Trailers Bought Duster Conversions???

New User

Has anyone heard about Bloomer Trailers buying Duster Conversions in McGregor Texas? I wonder what that means for the bloomer dealers that are using other conversion companies? Seems like that would put them and other trailer manufacturers that do not own a conversion company @ a competitive disadvantage   

share Top of the page Bottom of the page
Chaps1
Reg. Dec 2008
Posted 2008-12-08 9:49 AM (#95903 - in reply to #95852)
Subject: RE: Bloomer Trailers Bought Duster Conversions???

New User

Is this just another tale being started?  Realizing this is my first post also, I would never consider starting a rummer that is not backed up by factual information.  Soooo, where are your facts? 

hogtownboss
Reg. Sep 2008
Posted 2008-12-11 3:19 PM (#96023 - in reply to #95852)

Expert

I'm still waiting on some facts! Are you thinking this because most Bloomer trailer have Duster Conversions in them or have you seen documents showing tis transaction?

First off, when a dealer buys or orders a trailer from a manufacture like Bloomer, they are buying or ordering a "shell" trailer. Not a complete package deal like Sundowner offers! I don't think there is really ANY WAY that Bloomer would offer (ALL) of their trailers like that. There is just too many options that one can get on the interior or exterior to make it worth doing. Unless they might offer a lower end (base model)trailer like Elite came out with on their Mustang LQ trailer with the 8'SW and just make it a simple weekend package deal. Pretty much just a cut and dry deal, ths is what we have and this is the price and leave it with VERY minimal upgrades.

Edited by hogtownboss 2008-12-11 3:33 PM
Mandi
Reg. Nov 2005
Posted 2008-12-13 9:01 PM (#96093 - in reply to #96023)

Charter Member

Originally written by hogtownboss on 2008-12-11 3:19 PM

I'm still waiting on some facts! Are you thinking this because most Bloomer trailer have Duster Conversions in them or have you seen documents showing tis transaction? First off, when a dealer buys or orders a trailer from a manufacture like Bloomer, they are buying or ordering a "shell" trailer. Not a complete package deal like Sundowner offers! I don't think there is really ANY WAY that Bloomer would offer (ALL) of their trailers like that. There is just too many options that one can get on the interior or exterior to make it worth doing. Unless they might offer a lower end (base model)trailer like Elite came out with on their Mustang LQ trailer with the 8'SW and just make it a simple weekend package deal. Pretty much just a cut and dry deal, ths is what we have and this is the price and leave it with VERY minimal upgrades.

I could be mistaken, but all of the Bloomer trailers I've seen have been Duster Conversions. I don't know about outside of the state, but I think part of the reason for the higher cost of the trailers & the wait time to get one specifically how you order it is because of the time and work put into making them all that way.

On the other hand, I have only seen a couple people with shells - and then I guess if you (as an individual) purchase the shell - you can have the LQ installed anywhere you want.

On the main Bloomer website, there is a note now that Outlaw Conversions is doing some of the interior work...so that leads me to believe that Bloomer specifically only allowes certain conversion companies to do their work...which is understandable. Duster and Outlaw do some of the best work around.

If I think about it, I'll have hubby call our local salesman and find out on Tuesday.

hogtownboss
Reg. Sep 2008
Posted 2008-12-13 9:16 PM (#96096 - in reply to #96093)

Expert

Durham Trailer Ranch offers Duster and Trail Boss Packages in there Bloomer and Elite Trailers.

The dealer is the one that orders the actual trailer then figures out who is doing the conversion, unless the dealer is ordering for a customer then the customer can pick!

But you are correct, most Bloomer trailers you see in TEXAS have Duster Conversions in them, 1 because of the cost of transportation, 2 because of the time frame it takes to get a trailer in and out.  Most of the time a dealer will have a hand full of trailers at a conversion company at any given time just in case they have a customer orded come in they can switch with a trailer that is already in line to speed up the time it take to do the conversion.

gonehunting
Reg. Dec 2008
Posted 2008-12-18 1:10 PM (#96233 - in reply to #95852)

Did anyone get to Quarter Horse Congress and see the Bloomer trailers they had on display up there? They had a new company doing interiors for there 10th anniversary trailers. They were called Cowboy Customs and they do some awesome work, by far the best interior at congress in my opinion! Plus they have a 7 year warranty with there conversion! So I don't think it's just a select few that do conversions for bloomer but more of a high end conversion in a high end trailer!
reinergirl
Reg. Feb 2007
Posted 2008-12-18 3:40 PM (#96238 - in reply to #95852)

Regular

Nice commercial ;0)
frenchboy
Reg. Feb 2006
Posted 2008-12-18 5:43 PM (#96242 - in reply to #96238)

Well said !
brushycreekranch
Reg. Jun 2006
Posted 2008-12-18 8:32 PM (#96248 - in reply to #95852)

And let me guess.....the trailer "gone hunting" is referring to just happened to get listed today on this sight. I was at the Congress and I did see the trailer and yes it was nicely done. They made it sound like they had buyers fighting over it but it looks like all of them fell thru as it is still for sale.

My favorite part of the whole trailer was the front door. From the inside it looked just like a house door.

Edited by brushycreekranch 2008-12-18 9:11 PM
gonehunting
Reg. Dec 2008
Posted 2008-12-19 7:58 AM (#96266 - in reply to #95852)

They actually got orders off that trailer and sold every thing else they had! They should of sold it but the way banks are now you cant get financed for anything!I tried to buy a scooter and couldnt get financed!!!!! What a bitch!
dawnbringer
Reg. May 2008
Posted 2008-12-19 8:21 AM (#96269 - in reply to #96266)

I willl back you on that one gonehunting! My cousin works for Cowboy Customs and that's exactly what happened at Congress this year for them!

Ralph Eberspacher
Reg. Dec 2008
Posted 2008-12-19 11:47 AM (#96282 - in reply to #95852)

New User

To all the people out there at HorseTrailerWorld.com. We have not been bought out by Bloomer Trailers. So I guess who ever started the rummer can start a different one Because this one is in correct.Thanks Ralph EberspacherOwner/Duster Conversions
lets rope
Reg. Dec 2008
Posted 2008-12-19 9:56 PM (#96304 - in reply to #95852)

New User

I talked to the people at Longhorn Ranch in Kansas there a Bloomer dealer. They said that they offer Outlaw interior's in there trailers. They said it is up to the dealer and the customer on what LQ they put in there trailers. But they are only one of three dealers that using Outlaw. I personally think this is a really good thing at you can finally get an Outlaw in a Bloomer and this is one of many reasons I am buying a Bloomer now.
HWBar
Reg. Nov 2005
Posted 2008-12-20 9:23 AM (#96308 - in reply to #95852)

Expert

As far as the credit thing goes, anyone with the "true means" to buy a $200K trailer can get a loan to buy it. I'd say they had a bunch dreamers looking at it. I haven't been having any problem getting credit worthy folks financed lately, if your credit is questionable(under 670) then you better have a strong income to debt ratio or you ain't buying sh*t. Just the way it should be, IMHO.
hogtownboss
Reg. Sep 2008
Posted 2008-12-20 11:18 PM (#96338 - in reply to #96308)

Expert

I agree that is the way it should be, should have been years ago before it got this bad. But the bad thing about the finacning mess is, the so called credit score and strong net to debt does not mean a thing for "self employed folks"! My credit score is over 700 and my net to debt is under the 40% (that everyone talks about) and we was going to put 10-k down on a 55-k trailer and was flat out told since I am self employed I would not be able to get finacing! That is a load of grap, when putting right at 20% down!

That is why I don't feel bad for the "big 3" auto makers! The last few years, they have financed every dead beat and their dogs, rolling over bad notes and neg. equity just to make a sale. Now they want help being baled out!
lets rope
Reg. Dec 2008
Posted 2008-12-21 9:41 AM (#96341 - in reply to #96338)

New User

What finance company were they running you through Hogtown

Edited by lets rope 2008-12-21 9:43 AM
hogtownboss
Reg. Sep 2008
Posted 2008-12-21 12:21 PM (#96351 - in reply to #96341)

Expert

We talked to GE Money bank, just because them 2 other times. (but they are cracking down accross the board) I even called Home Savings and Loan (we are with them now) and got an OK, but the rate was out of sight! I called the one that runs adds on HTW and was told with being self employed I need to have a co maker no matter what I put down and no matter the net to debt! I thought ahead and did not let anyone run my report, but I did the send for my credit score and the company that runs adds on this site told me that the credit socre I get on line is nowhere close to the actual score! That make no since to me at all!
Terri
Reg. Jan 2004
Posted 2008-12-21 1:49 PM (#96355 - in reply to #96351)

Expert

I thought ahead and did not let anyone run my report, but I did the send for my credit score and the company that runs adds on this site told me that the credit socre I get on line is nowhere close to the actual score! That make no since to me at all!

I was told the same thing years ago by Ford.  They told us our "real" credit score was almost 100pts lower than what the 3 credit companies said it was.  So we didn't buy the Ford.  We bought the Dodge because of better interest rates.

lets rope
Reg. Dec 2008
Posted 2008-12-21 6:42 PM (#96362 - in reply to #95852)

New User

I was told that GE is really hard to get a loan through. I am also self employed and had no problems and I got a decent interest rate. I know right now is a tough time to get financing, but the people at Longhorn Ranch knew exactly who to go through which really helped me out since I don't have the best credit score.

Edited by lets rope 2008-12-21 6:48 PM
Dan SW Trailers
Reg. Dec 2008
Posted 2008-12-30 6:32 PM (#96725 - in reply to #95852)

We are new Bloomer Dealers and we will be one of the only few in the country selling Bloomers with Outlaw Conversions, they are in a league of there own.. You can not beat Outlaws customer service!!! We are super excited!

Edited by Dan SW Trailers 2009-01-02 6:48 AM
lets rope
Reg. Dec 2008
Posted 2008-12-31 8:35 AM (#96752 - in reply to #96725)

New User

I was told there are 3 Bloomer dealers selling Bloomers with Outlaw interior's. Was I miss informed?
HWBar
Reg. Nov 2005
Posted 2008-12-31 8:40 AM (#96754 - in reply to #95852)

Expert

I'll bet the Ben Franklins in my front pocket that if you go to a Bloomer dealer and tell them you want a Bloomer/Outlaw, he will gladly get that trailer for you.
Longrider
Reg. Oct 2004
Posted 2008-12-31 8:55 AM (#96755 - in reply to #96754)

Extreme Veteran

Originally written by HWBar on 2008-12-31 8:40 AM

I'll bet the Ben Franklins in my front pocket that if you go to a Bloomer dealer and tell them you want a Bloomer/Outlaw, he will gladly get that trailer for you.

You mean you still have some of the old Ben Franklin half-dollars?
brushycreekranch
Reg. Jun 2006
Posted 2008-12-31 9:49 AM (#96760 - in reply to #95852)

Gee, I hate to burst your bubble .......BUT I have personally been told by more than 3 different dealers in the last 3 months, that they were one of the chosen few to get to sale Bloomers  with Outlaw  LQ packages. 

"We are new Bloomer Dealers and we will be the only ones in the country selling Bloomers with Outlaw Conversions."

iprabarrelracer
Reg. Jul 2005
Posted 2008-12-31 12:50 PM (#96767 - in reply to #96233)

New User

Originally written by gonehunting on 2008-12-18 1:10 PM

Did anyone get to Quarter Horse Congress and see the Bloomer trailers they had on display up there? They had a new company doing interiors for there 10th anniversary trailers. They were called Cowboy Customs and they do some awesome work, by far the best interior at congress in my opinion! Plus they have a 7 year warranty with there conversion! So I don't think it's just a select few that do conversions for bloomer but more of a high end conversion in a high end trailer!

I'm not really sure what went on with my original post but anyway. You are very right about Cowboy Customs work. I bought they shell they had with them and got a similar interior to the one on the left by the desk at their booth. It will be here tomorrow finally after a long wait and I can not wait to get it.  It has taken a longer than planned by a good bit but Steve and Chastity are great.

Edited by iprabarrelracer 2009-01-02 12:52 PM
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)