'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Mice in Sundowner LQ Ceiling - HELP!!!!!

Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2008-07-30 2:59 PM
33 replies, 15498 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

loveduffy
Reg. Feb 2006
Posted 2008-07-25 8:51 AM (#88246 - in reply to #87950)
Subject: RE: Mice in Sundowner LQ Ceiling - HELP!!!!!

Expert

a friend of my uses a sound machine to keep mice and rats out of her house she did not what to kill them ,just keep them out of her  house this may work for trailers also the dryer fabric does not work I tired them and the mice use them for bedding. I know the works the mice and rats  are  gone. the cat is blind
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
missrowdy
Reg. Jul 2008
Posted 2008-07-29 7:42 PM (#88537 - in reply to #87950)

Thanks for all the people who have posted suggestions and genuine concerns about my mouse dilemna.  A bit of an update.

Saturday I hauled the trailer 1,800 km (1,100 miles) to a RV refurbishing place - the only one I could find that would take it on.  They pulled the roof off yesterday and found an unbelievable mess of dead mice, nests, grain, and a very disgusting mess of insulation and wiring.  They are pulling the insulation, sanitizing the roof and air conditioning, inspecting wiring and then will re-insulate, determine the access point and possibly have to tear into the wall in question.  They will then have to replace and seal the roof.

Pretty disappointing for a 2 year old trailer that is supposed to be so well constructed and supposedly had a good warranty.  Sundowner has labeled this "an act of nature / god" (after they told me I shouldn't park it near a barn).  I guess the courts will decide if it an act of nature / god or a predictable outcome for defective construction practices. 

DaveM
Reg. Sep 2003
Posted 2008-07-29 8:19 PM (#88543 - in reply to #88537)

Elite Veteran

Originally written by missrowdy on 2008-07-29 7:42 PM

Thanks for all the people who have posted suggestions and genuine concerns about my mouse dilemna.  A bit of an update.

Saturday I hauled the trailer 1,800 km (1,100 miles) to a RV refurbishing place - the only one I could find that would take it on.  They pulled the roof off yesterday and found an unbelievable mess of dead mice, nests, grain, and a very disgusting mess of insulation and wiring.  They are pulling the insulation, sanitizing the roof and air conditioning, inspecting wiring and then will re-insulate, determine the access point and possibly have to tear into the wall in question.  They will then have to replace and seal the roof.

Pretty disappointing for a 2 year old trailer that is supposed to be so well constructed and supposedly had a good warranty.  Sundowner has labeled this "an act of nature / god" (after they told me I shouldn't park it near a barn).  I guess the courts will decide if it an act of nature / god or a predictable outcome for defective construction practices. 

I'm curious.  Is the RV place  you are having the extermination held . . doing it for free?  This was an interesting topic and I did a little googling and found that one of the top five reasons for RV insurance claims was . . . you guessed it . . . pest infestation, particularly mice. 

With a little research I found that it's nearly impossible to find a mouse proof environment, particularly horse trailers on farms.  Here's a picture of a sealed computer that was having trouble with  . . . guess what?  Those ARE mouse droppings.

Any openings in your trailer or LQ that are wider than 6mm (a quarter of an inch or less than a width of common pencil) and you're in trouble: through a combination of squeezing and nibbling, the mice could well be moving in. 

Here's more help:  http://www.icanrv.com/id42.htm

HWBar
Reg. Nov 2005
Posted 2008-07-30 5:26 AM (#88568 - in reply to #87950)

Expert

Unless cash is growing on trees around your place, I wouldn't spend a penny on lawyer fees. In your statement above you make two very important points. You park your trailer next to your barn, and the ceiling had grain in it. All the Sundowner boys have to do to win this case is prove that the grain from your barn, not their factory. You lose, they and the lawyer wins. That all being said their are lawyers across the country that will take your case all the way to the Supreme Court as long as you keep paying. I can refer to you to a couple that I rope with,.......... they need the cash for entry fees.

Talk a bout some top shelf individuals,........ team roping lawyers.

Edited by HWBar 2008-07-30 5:32 AM
ASJ
Reg. Mar 2005
Posted 2008-07-30 7:40 AM (#88572 - in reply to #87950)

Veteran

Have you thought of contacting the insurance company? That is what they are there for... If they will pay for water damage they should pay for your rat damage.
horsey1
Reg. Dec 2004
Posted 2008-07-30 10:59 AM (#88598 - in reply to #87950)

Elite Veteran

Amen ASJ. This is in no way warranty, and frankly I'm proud of Sundowner for standing up to you. Now- insurance. That's exactly why you have it. Call them!
N2ridin
Reg. Nov 2003
Posted 2008-07-30 1:50 PM (#88614 - in reply to #87950)

Elite Veteran

Good luck in court on this one.  Who do you sue if mice get in your house? 
Terri
Reg. Jan 2004
Posted 2008-07-30 2:19 PM (#88618 - in reply to #88614)

Expert

Originally written by N2ridin on 2008-07-30 1:50 AM

Good luck in court on this one.  Who do you sue if mice get in your house? 

I need the answer to that one.  Someone owes me a new Xbox power cord!!!

Mice have been found in car/trucks too.  I guess we should sue all the auto manufactures as well.

Edited by Terri 2008-07-30 2:21 PM
genebob
Reg. Nov 2007
Posted 2008-07-30 2:59 PM (#88621 - in reply to #87950)

Elite Veteran

Sue the mice for trespassing and vandalism. Probably theft too, it was your grain they stole! The way the courts work now, that one you could probably win.
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)