'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Homesteader

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2008-05-19 4:35 PM
3 replies, 3954 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

tyndallsl
Reg. May 2008
Posted 2008-05-19 1:11 PM (#84225)
Subject: Homesteader

New User

I am looking at a new Homesteader Stallion 2 horse.  Does anyone have any experience with these?
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
retento
Reg. Aug 2004
Posted 2008-05-19 1:36 PM (#84227 - in reply to #84225)
Subject: RE: Homesteader

Expert

Is this the one?   

http://www.horsetrailerworld.com/home/trailerdetail.asp?ID=139532

tyndallsl
Reg. May 2008
Posted 2008-05-19 2:15 PM (#84230 - in reply to #84225)

New User

I have looked at this one and a new straight load.  They both look nice but I don't know anyone with one to talk to.
dixie
Reg. Jun 2007
Posted 2008-05-19 4:35 PM (#84242 - in reply to #84225)

Veteran

I own a 3 horse slant GN that I've pulled quite a bit with no problems. I also sell them so my opinion may not mean as much to you as someone else's, but I am also an end user and I will be honest with you about the pros and cons. The pros are: they have the rumber floors, well laid out very usable, lots of room for the horses, LED lights standard, they use Al-ko axles, and it goes on and on. The cons are: in a slant load the rear tack is too small for larger saddles, they use exterior grade plywood in the floors of the DR (but rumber is available as an option), the GN's are pretty heavy (but well built), the paint on '07 and older trailers was poor to say the least they did change it in '08 and it is much better now, they don't offer keyed alike doors so you end up with a key for every lock on the trailer. Basicly the cons are small things (with the exception of the paint which is fixed now) for the price they are hard to beet. Everyone I've sold one to loves them and I have had 1 warranty claim in 3 yrs out of about 15 trailers and all 15 get used hard. And the 1 claim was just the plastic wall liner in the horse area cracking during the winter and when we relaced it we drill the holes out for the screws giving the plastic room to expand and contract and we fixed that problem. If you have any questions you can PM me or email me at chris@dixieriggin.com 

Edited by dixie 2008-05-19 4:47 PM
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)