'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
trailer tongue extension

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2008-03-02 12:02 PM
2 replies, 3180 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

dbelling
Reg. Aug 2005
Posted 2008-03-02 6:05 AM (#78451)
Subject: trailer tongue extension

Regular

My dilemma was that my truck camper and trailer were too close to make the tight turns.  My choice was buy a super hitch extended hitch or see if a fabricator could extend the tongue on my trailer.  I had the tongue on the trailer extended and am very pleased with the result at a much lower cost than the superhitch option.  I also have the hd weight distribution bars which helps.  I asked a lot of questions about this earlier and got some feedback but not from many who had actually had the tongue extension.  I am pleased I went this routenot only because of the cost saving but when the ease of hooking it up.  Debbie

share Top of the page Bottom of the page
HWBar
Reg. Nov 2005
Posted 2008-03-02 7:28 AM (#78460 - in reply to #78451)
Subject: RE: trailer tongue extension

Expert

I'm glad it worked out for you, everyones applications are different and people who think outside the normal lines of thought are what makes the world go round. Those that don't are just along for the ride. JMHO

Here is the original thread, where you asked for help. 

http://www.horsetrailerworld.com/forum/thread-view.asp?threadid=8314

Edited by HWBar 2008-03-02 1:17 PM
gard
Reg. Aug 2007
Posted 2008-03-02 12:02 PM (#78473 - in reply to #78451)
Subject: RE: trailer tongue extension

Expert

If I remember correctly, your original posting was last fall and I responded that I went a different route, and didn't recommend that you should do the same.

With favourable results, it's obvious that your welder/fabricator must have done a good job extending your trailer tongue. He and you both took a risk with the fabrication, but if it's done correctly, you can have a good outcome.

Boat trailer tongue lengths are commonly altered, to effect the correct tongue weight based on the various boat and motor combinations. Also by shifting the axle to the boat's cg ratio, a good handling rig can be produced. It's too bad this couldn't be as easily effected on a horse trailer.

Glad it worked out and best wishes camping

Gard

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World