'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Flooring in LQ

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2008-01-22 9:47 AM
3 replies, 3387 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

Mandi/Abby
Reg. Sep 2003
Posted 2008-01-21 7:58 PM (#75013)
Subject: Flooring in LQ

Charter Member

Is there anything that shouldn't be used???

On the DIY personal websites I've looked at, some people have used the tongue & groove type flooring you can purchase at Lowe's, but the friend of our's who came to give me a quote said that because of the movement of the trailer, it doesn't last. Is this true?

I'm afraid with linoleum, it would easily tear and show wear.

share Top of the page Bottom of the page
classygirl98
Reg. Jan 2005
Posted 2008-01-21 11:31 PM (#75027 - in reply to #75013)
Subject: RE: Flooring in LQ

Veteran

Since you are doing such a small lq , if it were me i would invest in a very good linoleum. we have had linoleum in our last two lq and have had no problem with tearing or wearing and believe me our trailers get a good work out every season. You can always lay rugs down. I have several down in mine.
HWBar
Reg. Nov 2005
Posted 2008-01-22 6:33 AM (#75037 - in reply to #75013)

Expert

Originally written by Mandi/Abby on 2008-01-21 7:58 PM

On the DIY personal websites I've looked at, some people have used the tongue & groove type flooring you can purchase at Lowe's, but the friend of our's who came to give me a quote said that because of the movement of the trailer, it doesn't last. Is this true?

I'm affraid that your friend is misinformed, I build most every trailer with the "pergo/armstrong" type tounge and grove flooring, and so does 90% of factory conversion shops. It's tough as nails and I have never seen a negative effect from "trailer movement", It doesn't like alot of water so that may be a factor in your decision.

Mandi/Abby
Reg. Sep 2003
Posted 2008-01-22 9:47 AM (#75057 - in reply to #75037)

Charter Member

Originally written by HWBar on 2008-01-22 6:33 AM

Originally written by Mandi/Abby on 2008-01-21 7:58 PM

I'm affraid that your friend is misinformed, I build most every trailer with the "pergo/armstrong" type tounge and grove flooring, and so does 90% of factory conversion shops. It's tough as nails and I have never seen a negative effect from "trailer movement", It doesn't like alot of water so that may be a factor in your decision.

That's what I thought was used in a lot of factory jobs. I don't plan on spilling a lot of water or having a leak issue (either from the trailer or water tanks) so I don't think it would be an issue.

What "movement" does the floor really experience?? I thought with a solid frame and cross beams as the trailer has, there shouldn't be much shifting of the floor...right?

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)