'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
HELP-Cherokee Dealers-Updated

Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2008-03-23 8:44 AM
40 replies, 10729 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

trailerldy
Reg. Apr 2007
Posted 2007-11-12 12:45 PM (#70967 - in reply to #70775)
Subject: RE: HELP-Cherokee Dealers

Wow sound's like the trailer it's self is not the problem but the bad interior by the conversion company and the bad dealer you did business with! I have a Cherokee Super Chief with a conversion by Double H Conversions and love it....My salesperson was great and still is he gave me a business card with his cell phone and said to call if I had any questions or problems after regular business hours...he has taken my call for some pretty stupid things on my part...i.e not having lights b/c I forgot to turn the battery box on...senior moment...he helped me out and never laughed, just said call again if you need anything else....
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
crowleysridgegirl
Reg. Apr 2005
Posted 2007-11-12 1:07 PM (#70971 - in reply to #70967)

Expert

Bottom line is: sounds like the original dealer where you bought your trailer didn't want to work with you.Really evident by you saying they did not notify the conversion company.(Or so he says,according to the guy who did the conversion that you said you'd talked with.)

You are having problems because it is partly his fault for the conversion job he did.I know anything mechanical can tear up such as a faulty thermostat,the A/C being a piece of junk,ect.But I think you were told to "Deal with it?" Or "live with it" something along those lines? I'D told them in a hurry that THEY were going to be the ones "dealing with it" and IT would be my attorney,the BBB in that state,the attorney general's office and anybody else that would care to listen by the time I got through.

I am not so sure that I would want the guy who did the original conversion package to go back and try to patch things up at this point.Sounds as if he didn't do such a good job to begin with?

misssexysixarun
Reg. Nov 2004
Posted 2007-11-12 4:22 PM (#70995 - in reply to #70775)

Regular

The guy who did the LQ has done a lot of other trailers who my friends own.  They have had no problems with them.  The first LQ Trailer I owned, this guy did and I had no problems with it at all.  He is fully capable of fixing it.  The problem with my current trailer, as we have come to the conclusion is, he was in the process of selling his business to someone else, so they were changing hands and had different people working on the trailer.  I call it a "Hang over Monday or Let's get drunk Friday" trailer! LOL!

He is going to fix it for me and make it right.  He very well doesn't have to do this, or even at a reduced price on payments, but he is going to, as it has his name on it, and he wants me happy.

I would never think that Cherokee would be responsible for the LQ part.  So that is not in question.

According to the date I bought the trailer, the warranty is up thru Cherokee.  I am still waiting on a call back from the guy at Cherokee, to see what he says, if he may indeed help me out or not.  If not, then that is my fault for not checking into it sooner.  Live & Learn right.

I was only 23 when I purchased this trailer, and didn't know the in's and out's of all of this stuff.  Again, live & learn.  The trailer was in there as much as I could get it in there.  We were on the road every weekend to horse shows during this time and needed the trailer all the time.

crowleysridgegirl
Reg. Apr 2005
Posted 2007-11-12 5:35 PM (#70998 - in reply to #70995)

Expert

Originally written by misssexysixarun on 2007-11-12 4:22 PM

The guy who did the LQ has done a lot of other trailers who my friends own.  They have had no problems with them.  The first LQ Trailer I owned, this guy did and I had no problems with it at all.  He is fully capable of fixing it.  The problem with my current trailer, as we have come to the conclusion is, he was in the process of selling his business to someone else, so they were changing hands and had different people working on the trailer.  I call it a "Hang over Monday or Let's get drunk Friday" trailer! LOL!

He is going to fix it for me and make it right.  He very well doesn't have to do this, or even at a reduced price on payments, but he is going to, as it has his name on it, and he wants me happy.

I would never think that Cherokee would be responsible for the LQ part.  So that is not in question.

Well,OK,whatever you think you need to do about that.Him selling his business to somebody else really wouldn't have anything to do with the quality of work that he was still responsible for overseeing,IMO.If it was still his business,and his conversion company,I don't think it should matter if he had Osama Bin Laden working on it,it should have been done up to his standards.But,whatever,go ahead with your plans and see  how he treats you on this one,may work out.

And I'm sorry,but,yes,if Cherokee sold you a trailer that included a conversion they'd jobbed out to someone else,they most certainly are responsible for the LQ part,when it was under warranty.Unless you bought a shell and took it to someone on your own for a conversion,a dealer is responsible for the type of work they are selling in their trailers.I have a problem in my LQ currently,and my dealer is working it out with Sierra.I'm not having to call Sierra and take care of it,my dealer is.

misssexysixarun
Reg. Nov 2004
Posted 2007-11-12 5:42 PM (#70999 - in reply to #70775)

Regular

The dealer is the one who sent it to the LQ company, not Cherokee.  I believe if Cherokee did it, it would have went to Dream Catchers, or whatever one they were using?  Not to Windsor.  So it was the dealer who sent it there.

Who knows, we will see.  I know he has done a nice job on a lot of other trailers including one that I used to own.  This one was a fluke and got messed up.  But at least he is willing to fix it, after all this time.  He doesn't have to.

Plus, I couldn't afford to get it fixed anywhere else at this time nor in the future, with my job and the economy in this state!

dixie
Reg. Jun 2007
Posted 2007-11-13 12:00 PM (#71073 - in reply to #70775)

Veteran

The Dream Catcher interior is actually done be Cherokee. Not real important info, but info none the less.
misssexysixarun
Reg. Nov 2004
Posted 2007-11-13 12:06 PM (#71075 - in reply to #71073)

Regular

I knew it was something like that! LOL!
crowleysridgegirl
Reg. Apr 2005
Posted 2007-11-13 3:09 PM (#71093 - in reply to #71073)

Expert

Originally written by dixie on 2007-11-13 12:00 PM

The Dream Catcher interior is actually done be Cherokee. Not real important info, but info none the less.

That's what I thought.That is why I said what I did to her about her dealer and Cherokee being responsible when it was under warranty to fix the conversion problems.

misssexysixarun
Reg. Nov 2004
Posted 2007-11-13 3:11 PM (#71094 - in reply to #70775)

Regular

But Dream Catcher did not do the Interior.  Windsor did it, in Indiana.

Cherokee just called me back and left me a message, I need to call him when I get out of work.  See what he has to say on the shell of the trailer.

crowleysridgegirl
Reg. Apr 2005
Posted 2007-11-13 6:43 PM (#71117 - in reply to #71094)

Expert

Well,it's gone on so long and so many names have come up,you have to understand when you get my age,you can't quiet keep it all sorted out like I used to!!!
cutter4life
Reg. Mar 2007
Posted 2007-11-14 9:17 AM (#71161 - in reply to #70775)

Regular

I had a Cherokee Invasion and that thing went everywhere, no issues. As per the warranty, the warranty was as clear as day when I went to pick mine up. The dealer should have had you sign the warranty paperwork and he should have signed as well. The warranty on my Invasion was 5 years from the date of purchase. I do not believe the Axles or Jack were covered.

Not knocking your driving, but if the rear tire is constantly getting flat and cracking rims, are you driving over the curbs going around corners? I only ask because my 3H Invasion (no LQ) had 7,000lb axles on it, way more than what it needed!

misssexysixarun
Reg. Nov 2004
Posted 2007-11-14 9:26 AM (#71163 - in reply to #70775)

Regular

Nope, I have not hit a curb with it yet.  Sometimes when I look at that tire, it looks to be tipped in, then other times it looks fine.  Who knows?  Need to find somewhere they can put it up and check it out.

Cherokee did call me last night.  That guy is super nice.  He is going to see if he can get anything done with it, but he says it doesn't look good.

I appreciate him trying though.  Just wish I wouldn't have been so young and neive when I bought it and had paid attention or something.

Oh well, live & learn I guess.  At least I am getting the interior fixed for now.  That will make me happy!

crowleysridgegirl
Reg. Apr 2005
Posted 2007-11-14 9:51 AM (#71164 - in reply to #71163)

Expert

Still I say,and will continue to say,it wasn't your fault,it was the unprofessionalism and lack of concern and salesmanship,whatever else anybody wants to call it,on the PART OF THE DEALER>

As I posted earlier,we'd never bought a LQ trailer so didn't know squat about the warranty either,and I happened upon the warranty policy of paperwork being sent in within 30 days on Platinum's website.And happened upon the paperwork lying in the brush box in the rear tack door.A likely place for a buyer to look for warranty paperwork on a 38K trailer,wasn't it????

nincompoop dealerships.

dixie
Reg. Jun 2007
Posted 2007-11-14 12:40 PM (#71176 - in reply to #70775)

Veteran

I'm in agreement 100% that it was the dealers fault. What I find so amazing is how these dealers short change everyone and yet people still buy from them. And dealers like us try to go out of their way to inform customers and make sure they are taken care of before and after the sell and we loose sells to them because they cut corners on their trailers that we don't. Such as using a cheap conversion company. All I'm saying is be careful when choosing a dealer because you're not just choosing a trailer you're choosing that dealer too when you buy a higher dollar trailer. If you choose well any problems you have will be worked out if you choose wrong you'll have a hard time getting anything done.
crowleysridgegirl
Reg. Apr 2005
Posted 2007-11-14 4:24 PM (#71206 - in reply to #71176)

Expert

we proved that case the second time we bought a trailer.First time we chose a crummy dealer and didn't get anything done.Second time around,we made sure we did our homework before the purchase.When one of the top dealers in the US (Dixie Horse and Mule) highly compliments a dealer (Jim's Motors in MO) it says a lot.And vice versa.So that first dealer can forget not only another purchase by us,although the trailer was a good one (Platinum w/Outlaw Conversion) but they can sure forget us ever having anything complimentary to say about them.
misssexysixarun
Reg. Nov 2004
Posted 2008-03-23 8:44 AM (#80165 - in reply to #70775)

Regular

Just to update you all.  I finally got my trailer back this past Friday.  It went down to the conversion guy the day after Thanksgiving.  I told him he could have it this long...

I now have a new fridge, a new floor, a new awning.  He got the heater working correctly, figured out the air conditioner so that works now.  He fixed my blinds and lights that were falling down.  He fixed the leaky shower.  Turned out I had a defective Shore Cord, so he replaced that and that in turn solved the problem of the converter, the fan in the bathroom and the lights in the horse compartment.  He fixed my escape door hinge so now I can use that.  He measured the axle and said it wasn't bent, but I am not sure that he measured it right now that I have talked to a couple other people.  He put a new two speed jack on the trailer.  Then he decided that he would put a power jack on it for FREE!  So I have a new power jack which I love.

All of this cost a total of $2300 and out of my pocket I spent $930.  The remainder the insurance covered as we claimed the awning on the insurance.

So I am very happy with what he did.  He made it right and I think he went above and beyond what he needed to do.  I am very greatful for this and I am so glad I was finally able to get in touch with him.  Now I have him on speed dial!  He was amazed that he had never heard from the dealer about any of this.

So now it is like I have a brand new trailer!  Yeah!

Just to figure out the axle or the tire deal now.  Thanks again for all your help.  Just figured I would update you on what had happened.

Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)