'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
buyin a trailer with a shell

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2007-11-04 9:59 AM
3 replies, 3263 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

3turnsfarm
Reg. Oct 2007
Posted 2007-10-30 8:08 PM (#70237)
Subject: buyin a trailer with a shell

after going to the congress this past weekend one of my buddies has decided he thinks he wants to buy a trailer with about a 10'-14' shell and send it to outlaw or trail boss and have a living quarters put in. he thinks it would be cheaper, and i'd say it would be too, but has anyone done this and know about how much it costs per foot? he has a nice 4star picked out with a 12' short wall that costs around $35k and i know a trailer with the outlaw conversion already done is about $80k, so can this be done for $45k cheaper? thanks.
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
kathysrogers
Reg. Jun 2004
Posted 2007-10-31 9:03 AM (#70261 - in reply to #70237)
Subject: RE: buyin a trailer with a shell

Outlaw only does trailers for approved dealers, an individual can't send trailers to them for conversion.  Tell him to contact G2 Conversions, I've used them and their quality of workmanship and customer service can't be beat.  I have names and contact numbers for references if you'd like them.  Just Pm me and I will send the information!
gard
Reg. Aug 2007
Posted 2007-10-31 9:34 AM (#70263 - in reply to #70237)

Expert

Harmer, Showtime and Sierra are all located in eastern IN and will install an interior in any type of trailer. The prices will greatly vary depending on the options and equippment you choose.

Everything you choose will vary in price just as if you were buying a kitchen. Different woods, cabinet styles, crown moulding, type and number of appliances, counter tops, uphostery etc. Ceiling, wall and floor coverings are all your choice. Dinette and couches, curtains, faucets, lights, matresses and bedding are all variable styled accessories.

The floor plans can be altered to your taste. The large camper widows, walk through doors and camper doors should be ordered installed from the trailer manuf. at the factory.

The sky is the limit price wise depending on your imagination. It's just like building a house. Go directly to the conversion  businesses and deal with the reps personally. I tried going through a local trailer dealer and by the time I got my ideas across, and he talked to the conversion company and got back to me, it wasn't even what I wanted. Most dealers are only interested in selling what they have or a package that they get a good deal on.

Dealers make a mark up on the sale of the interior, just as they profit from the accessories you order on a vehicle. You can skip the middle man if you're willing to spend some time to research your options. You can visit three or four companies in a day and a half. Call for appointments.

Best of luck  Gard

barrelsnpcs
Reg. Jan 2004
Posted 2007-11-04 9:59 AM (#70456 - in reply to #70261)

Veteran

Originally written by kathysrogers on 2007-10-31 9:03 AM

Outlaw only does trailers for approved dealers, an individual can't send trailers to them for conversion.  Tell him to contact G2 Conversions, I've used them and their quality of workmanship and customer service can't be beat.  I have names and contact numbers for references if you'd like them.  Just Pm me and I will send the information!

I'm not sure this is the case, unless things have changed. I called them a few years ago for prices and they gave it to me. You might want to call them to verify. What about Freedom Creek? They do an excellent job too.

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)