'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
BP Dressing Room Ideas

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2007-10-15 11:20 AM
8 replies, 5870 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

independenceday
Reg. Aug 2007
Posted 2007-09-20 4:58 PM (#68188)
Subject: BP Dressing Room Ideas

Have a BP/3H slant w/lrg dressing room. Would like to convert DR for overnighter. Bed, storage, shelves, micro. will do it myself but can't find ANY pics or ideas. Anyone else done this ? Thanks !

share Top of the page Bottom of the page
Dunagain
Reg. Mar 2004
Posted 2007-09-20 5:41 PM (#68193 - in reply to #68188)
Subject: RE: BP Dressing Room Ideas

Regular

Try the 4 ft. living quarters ideas from jnjtrailersales.com.  That's given me some good ideas for a bed that stows up or down.  My friend had hers done with electricity connection that would run electricity into her dressing room and run the lights and fans/heater if neccesary.  Worked great for her. (Of course she had it insulated and paneled as well!)

Dunoir
Reg. Sep 2005
Posted 2007-09-21 7:23 AM (#68204 - in reply to #68188)

Elite Veteran

Do you have a rear tack for your tack?  That really helps so you don't have to use the DR for horse tack.

Friend of mine bolted a cot to the wall with a cushion that drops down for sleeping - really neat idea sorry I don't have any photos.  It stores up against the wall when not in use so it's out of the way.  Set up storage areas up high so they are out of the way of floor space - cabinets, bridle hooks, blanket bars, etc

gemm
Reg. Feb 2005
Posted 2007-09-21 4:44 PM (#68243 - in reply to #68188)

Extreme Veteran

A friend of mine has the "cutest" set-up in her slant load bumper pull....It has a curb-side door, a drop-down bed on the slant wall, cabinets on the "short-wall" with a microwave on top, a tiny heater, and electrical hookups. It's really tiny, but decorated super cute. Definitely a one person space. I'm seeing her in Oct. I'll ask if I can post some pics.
independenceday
Reg. Aug 2007
Posted 2007-09-21 8:42 PM (#68251 - in reply to #68188)

Thanks for all the links, suggestions & ideas.  Would love to see some pic's of your friends trailer ! Thanx.

independenceday
Reg. Aug 2007
Posted 2007-10-12 12:15 PM (#69262 - in reply to #68243)

So far put down indoor/outdoor carpeting, taken out 1 saddle rest (leaving 2 & more room), purchased 12 v receptacle, thrown in a porta-potty & solar shower. This weekend getting the isulation & paneling. Shelves/storage & fold down cot will be last. Would love to see your friends pic !

A friend of mine has the "cutest" set-up in her slant load bumper pull....It has a curb-side door, a drop-down bed on the slant wall, cabinets on the "short-wall" with a microwave on top, a tiny heater, and electrical hookups. It's really tiny, but decorated super cute. Definitely a one person space. I'm seeing her in Oct. I'll ask if I can post some pics.
gemm
Reg. Feb 2005
Posted 2007-10-13 4:14 PM (#69315 - in reply to #68188)

Extreme Veteran

Oh, shoot....The ride was last weekend and I totally forgot to take pics. I'll see if she's got pics she can either send me to forward to you, or I'll post them. Unfortunately, I'm 5 hours away, so can't hop on over with my camera. Duh. I can't believe I forgot that!!!!
PaulChristenson
Reg. Jan 2007
Posted 2007-10-13 11:49 PM (#69323 - in reply to #69262)

Expert

Originally written by independenceday on 2007-10-12 1:15 PM

So far put down indoor/outdoor carpeting, taken out 1 saddle rest (leaving 2 & more room), purchased 12 v receptacle, thrown in a porta-potty & solar shower. This weekend getting the isulation & paneling. Shelves/storage & fold down cot will be last. Would love to see your friends pic !

One thing to keep in mind is Tongue Weight...everything you add to the dressing room area is inchin up your tongue weight...Not to say it can't be done just keep it in mind...

Dunoir
Reg. Sep 2005
Posted 2007-10-15 11:20 AM (#69387 - in reply to #68188)

Elite Veteran

I camped in a BP for many years. Instead of a solar shower I bought a battery operated shower from Wal-Mart.  It used 4 D batteries - comes with a plastic container.  You heat water up (propane stove) and put in the plastic container, the shower has a long tube that you put in the water, hang the shower part up hight and then turn it on - friends of mine had one that you operated with your foot.  hard to describe but it worked great. 

when I arrived at a campsite, I would hose out the horse area and that became my bathroom for the weekend - shower and portapotty.  Actually still do that now as I have a cowboy shower in my weekend package GN and put the portapotty in there as well. 

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)