'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Taxes on trailers

Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2007-09-26 12:40 AM
27 replies, 10839 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

crowleysridgegirl
Reg. Apr 2005
Posted 2007-09-21 12:05 PM (#68222 - in reply to #68218)
Subject: RE: Taxes on trailers

Expert

I don't think they are as hi here as in some other states,esp.real estate taxes.But,to me,paying personal property tax on something yr after yr that has already been taxed at the outset is just a bunch of nonesense.  

And,it was on my assessment as an "RV" in the beginning,which is MORE taxable.I changed that status in a hurry.I told them,"Who told you to assess that horse trailer like that in the first place?" No credible answer for that one!

Edited by crowleysridgegirl 2007-09-21 12:07 PM
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
lesliemal
Reg. Sep 2007
Posted 2007-09-24 8:07 AM (#68310 - in reply to #67908)

Extreme Veteran

In Georgia, you can avoid paying sales tax on the purchase of a trailer if you purchase a used trailer or vehicle from an individual. Make sure you have a bill of sale from the person. But if you purchase from a dealer (even one out of state) you will have to pay the applicable taxes for your county. As far as I know, there is no way to avoid paying the advalorem every year to get a tag.
Gunnerhorse
Reg. Jan 2007
Posted 2007-09-26 12:40 AM (#68389 - in reply to #68217)

That's pretty odd to be able to register a vehicle in one state without being a resident of it.  Was it a temp tag or a permanant plate? 

In OH you can keep the out of state plate until it expires. Then, being a resident of OH you have to get OH tags.  Out of state driver's license is different- that you have to do immediately upon becoming a resident. Though 30 days is an oft mentioned "grace period" for that. 

Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)