'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Converter charger problem - NEED HELP ASAP

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2007-07-23 10:07 AM
3 replies, 3145 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

jlm65
Reg. May 2007
Posted 2007-07-19 5:54 AM (#64100)
Subject: Converter charger problem - NEED HELP ASAP

We are supposed to leave for Jackson MS Friday morning.  Does anyone have any experience with the 7300 Series Electronic Converter/Charger, 45 Amp?  The guy that has been comverting my electrical in my trailer (added AC, 3 120 volt receptacles, 5 12 v lights) is having a problem blowing breakers.   He had never dealt with this type of converter charger before but it is also his frst time working on my living quarters.

I know everything worked before because I had powered through the original little starter breaker box that came with the trailer.  This guy said I needed this converter charger, so I bought one.  He said I know longer needed the little breaker box, so he took it out.

He started the electrical a month ago, he has only worked on it for 2 1/2 days, procrastinated the rest of the time.  I would call him and he has one excuse after another as to why he had not been working on it.  I kept asking if it was to much, should I take it somewhere.  No No this is a piece of cake he would say.  Blah Blah Blah...A whole nother story...

SO...I am freaking out now, because we leave in the morning.  Kicking myself...because I should have followed my gut.

Any experience out there with one of these???  What could be causing them to blow my breakers?

share Top of the page Bottom of the page
Ike
Reg. Jun 2005
Posted 2007-07-19 8:34 AM (#64105 - in reply to #64100)
Subject: RE: Converter charger problem - NEED HELP ASAP

Veteran

Hard to say without seeing the installation.  I looked at the mfg. web page and there are good trouble shooting tips. Faulty ground wireing, etc.....

I assume he has "read" the instructions. Hope it works out.

http://www.parallaxpower.com/7300/Flowchart7300.pdf

PaulChristenson
Reg. Jan 2007
Posted 2007-07-19 9:50 AM (#64108 - in reply to #64100)

Expert

Originally written by jlm65 on 2007-07-19 6:54 AM

Any experience out there with one of these???  What could be causing them to blow my breakers?

Circuit breakers can trip because you are drawing too many amps thru it ...or they are weak and failing and need to be replaced

Or your electrician could have UNDERwired your new circuits...i.e. too small a gauge wire for amps drawn

Sounds like you need a second opinion...

dustys
Reg. Jan 2007
Posted 2007-07-23 10:07 AM (#64266 - in reply to #64100)

We install many converters in our living quarters. I know you were leaving a while ago and I haven't had a chance to read this til now. The first thing I would do Is isolate your problem by unhooking your hot wires one by one there should be 3 hot wires. 1 main, 1 to the outlets and 1 to the 12 volt side of the converter. Unless it is always blowing the breaker to the outlets then I would bet it is a short in your outlet wires drawing too much amperage.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)