'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
warning : value stem extenders

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2007-05-30 12:30 PM
2 replies, 2669 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

bjhouten
Reg. Nov 2004
Posted 2007-05-30 10:48 AM (#61469)
Subject: warning : value stem extenders

Extreme Veteran

When I replaced my tires (E-rated) on my dually in Feb I had value stem extender put on the inside wheels to make it easier to check the air. This weekend I went to A to Z in Smithville, OK from Dallas, TX area. (had a great time, great place to ride) and I blew an inside tire due to the value stem failing, and the other inside tire was void of air due to a value stem failure. US Rider had someone out to replace the vaule stem in an hour! We are talking the middle of almost nowhere. The tire guy said that he sees more value stem failures due to the extenders than anything else. I have high pressure value stems on the tires, they are rubber with a metal core. NTB does not carry the all metal stems. NTB replaced the tire no questions once I showed them the value stem that failed. I'm sure they work great for alot of people, but just another thing to keep your eye on. I did not install the value stems, NTB did. I didn't have road hazard on the tires, now I do, and I no longer have value stem extenders on my dually tires.

-Betty

share Top of the page Bottom of the page
Reg
Reg. Oct 2003
Posted 2007-05-30 11:36 AM (#61475 - in reply to #61469)
Subject: RE: warning : value stem extenders

Expert

Originally written by bjhouten on 2007-05-30 10:48 AM

When I replaced my tires (E-rated) on my dually in Feb I had value stem extender put on the inside wheels to make it easier to check the air. This weekend I went to A to Z in Smithville, OK from Dallas, TX area. (had a great time, great place to ride) and I blew an inside tire due to the value stem failing, and the other inside tire was void of air due to a value stem failure. US Rider had someone out to replace the vaule stem in an hour! We are talking the middle of almost nowhere. The tire guy said that he sees more value stem failures due to the extenders than anything else. I have high pressure value stems on the tires, they are rubber with a metal core. NTB does not carry the all metal stems. NTB replaced the tire no questions once I showed them the value stem that failed. I'm sure they work great for alot of people, but just another thing to keep your eye on. I did not install the value stems, NTB did. I didn't have road hazard on the tires, now I do, and I no longer have value stem extenders on my dually tires.

-Betty

Someone at NTB should have at least lost their job over this.
Thankfully nobody was hurt - it could have been worse, it could have been a LOT worse.
Spooler
Reg. Aug 2006
Posted 2007-05-30 12:30 PM (#61484 - in reply to #61469)
Subject: RE: warning : value stem extenders

Extreme Veteran

Valve stem extenders = NoNo
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'