'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Diesel vs Gas Generator

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2007-04-26 2:09 PM
3 replies, 2635 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

3 Willows Farm
Reg. Jan 2004
Posted 2007-04-26 8:47 AM (#59988)
Subject: Diesel vs Gas Generator

Regular

Hey folks jut looking for some input here.  I am in the process of buying yet another generator.  I am a big fan of the honda's with the inverter technology but I have heard good things about some diesel generators.   Does anyone know of any diesel generators that would compare to the honda models.  Specifically the bigger generators    6500 or 7000 models.   Trying to find something close to the same db level.  Curious to the diff brands of diesel generators and how they compare cost wise.  The honda's that size are around $2800-$3300.  Any info yall have on the diesel generators would be appreciated.
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
Tx. Vaquero
Reg. Jun 2006
Posted 2007-04-26 10:41 AM (#59999 - in reply to #59988)
Subject: RE: Diesel vs Gas Generator

I have owned and used Onan 7500 watt diesel generators for the past several years and have had excellent service from them. They are extremely quiet, fuel efficient and reliable. They are also pricey and you need to decide if you will use one enough to justify the price. They will stand up to long hours of continuous use and will probably outlast any trailer you put them in. I think the last one I bought was about $8000. That was almost 2 years ago, so I don't know what the price might be now. Go to Onan's website for details.
greyhorse
Reg. Nov 2005
Posted 2007-04-26 10:58 AM (#60000 - in reply to #59988)

Extreme Veteran

I have a Kubota 6500 Diesel, it's not super quiet (67 dB I think) but it is fairly fuel efficient. It will be quieter when I get around to adding an external exhaust but it really isn't too bad the way it is.... I might add that it's mounted on my truck, not in the trailer. Diesel sets are usually a bit heavier than most of the gas setups so that might be an issue too. Price for a good Diesel is going to be quite a bit higher than the same size gas. I would say to get one of those Honda generators unless you plan n running it 100's of hours every year.
3 Willows Farm
Reg. Jan 2004
Posted 2007-04-26 2:09 PM (#60019 - in reply to #59988)

Regular

Thanks for the input.  I use my generators on avg 3 days a week for my business.  I will prob go with the Honda EM7000IS but just thought it would be nice to get some opinions on the diesels.  Would be nice to be able to go to a store and listen to one before you buy it.  Seems everywhere I go they will not put oil in it and crank it up until its paid for.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)