'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Buying a New Trailer...Which ones to avoid, which are good/great quality?

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2007-02-20 4:34 AM
2 replies, 2787 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

baygreyrooster
Reg. Feb 2007
Posted 2007-02-19 9:49 AM (#55825)
Subject: Buying a New Trailer...Which ones to avoid, which are good/great quality?

We are in the process of looking for a new Living Quarters 4 horse trailer.  We are reasonably new to this and would like to gather as much information and as many unbiased opinions as possible.  Are there trailers out there that should be avoided due to poor quality?  From a basic structure standpoint (floor, roof, etc) what are important qualities that should be taken into consideration?  We are looking to research this thoroughly so that the trailer we buy will take us through the next 6-8 years of rodeo and then have a decent resale value. 
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
dallye
Reg. May 2006
Posted 2007-02-19 10:22 PM (#55891 - in reply to #55825)
Subject: RE: Buying a New Trailer...Which ones to avoid, which are good/great quality?

This question I'm sure will bring everyone out of the woodwork!  My suggestion is to do your homework yourself, go to dealerships and crawl around the trailers, I'm sure your smart enough to see quality!  The other factor is how much you want to spend?  You can go out and buy a inexpensive trailer, and again you pay for what you get, if a trailer is cheaper there's a reason.  It also depends on how much your going to use it, with light use you can get away with a cheaper trailer. Im sure there are certain options you are looking for or you may like how one trailer builds their features better than others. My suggestion is to find a manufacture that has been in business for many years, and  have proved they know how to build a trailer. ( Exiss, Sundowner, Sooner, Featherlite, &  Trails West to name a few ) I know that all of these manufactures do their own interiors, and use name brand appliances.  Again, remember that you should not take one persons bad experience from a trailer, ALL MANUFACTURES HAVE AT ONE TIME OR ANOTHER BUILT A LEMON!

horse nugget
Reg. Sep 2006
Posted 2007-02-20 4:34 AM (#55897 - in reply to #55825)
Subject: RE: Buying a New Trailer...Which ones to avoid, which are good/great quality?

Howdy!

Well I just bought a new trailer and after spending 5 weeks comparing trailers on the internet, crawling around over and under trailers in sales lots, I found a new 2006 trailer on sale for $8000.00 less than it was a year ago. Do your home work, look long and hard and make sure you get what YOU want not what a sales person tells you that you need.

Good Luck and have a happy Trailer Hunt 

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)