'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Looking for 3 horse w/ living qrts. to rent April-November 07?

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2007-01-19 9:31 PM
3 replies, 2600 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

prairiefilly
Reg. Jan 2007
Posted 2007-01-18 2:56 PM (#54053)
Subject: Looking for 3 horse w/ living qrts. to rent April-November 07?

New User

Hi all, I need to travel from Kansas to Colorado for a training program end of April thru mid November. I have a three horse slant Kiefer built bp trailer that can get my horses to and from Colorado in but have no place to "live" or "stay" while there. I was wondering does anyone have leads on who I could contact to rent a live aboard horse trailer? I live in Central Kansas. I need to haul a min. of two horses back and fourth during these months. I am interested in buying a live aboard but just not sure which and when. Would like to try one out before I decide on what I would like to purchase. I have a 3/4 ton Dodge, am willing to put in GN. Because I have not looked into this before I am assuming you have to have a GN to pull a trailer this large, safely?? Or do some use BP's with live aboards, hmnn... Thanks, prairiefilly
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
bjhouten
Reg. Nov 2004
Posted 2007-01-18 4:47 PM (#54058 - in reply to #54053)
Subject: RE: Looking for 3 horse w/ living qrts. to rent April-November 07?

Extreme Veteran

Not sure if you'll be able to find an LQ to rent for that long, but you might find a RV to rent locally that you could leave there to live in and then haul your horses back & forth with truck & trailer.

Good Luck, Betty

prairiefilly
Reg. Jan 2007
Posted 2007-01-19 9:02 PM (#54129 - in reply to #54053)

New User

At least you came up with an idea, thanks Betty :-) I don't suppose you find too many rentals, hmnn... Oh well it was worth a try, lol. I am still interested in more ideas if anyone has something up their sleeve. I need to travel back and fourth to Parachute, CO where there seems to be a shortage on places to stay this year. Something to do with the oil and gas coporations?? Figured I could live in the horse trailer LQ. I have a place to keep the horses during this time. I'll check back and see if something comes up. Thanks again, prairiefilly
bjhouten
Reg. Nov 2004
Posted 2007-01-19 9:31 PM (#54134 - in reply to #54053)

Extreme Veteran

A couple of the RV stores around here rent both RV & travel trailers. The travel trailer would be cheaper. I have some friends that rented a travel trailer for a vacation trip, and it was real nice.-Betty
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)