'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Turnbow Trailers?

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2006-11-26 6:52 PM
4 replies, 5032 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

SHMANN
Reg. Aug 2006
Posted 2006-11-25 2:38 PM (#51891)
Subject: Turnbow Trailers?

Veteran

I've searched this site, and the internet in general and I can't find very much information on Turnbow trailers.  The reason I'm looking is that someone here in CT has a 2005 2 horse Grand Prix model (new) for sale.  It seems to be an exceptionally well made trailer, but I'd sure like to hear from some folks who have 1st hand experience with them.  The feature I especially like is that it's a walk on / walk off model.

Thanks in advance.

Steve

share Top of the page Bottom of the page
CTR Rider
Reg. Jan 2006
Posted 2006-11-25 9:12 PM (#51897 - in reply to #51891)
Subject: RE: Turnbow Trailers?

Veteran

They are a very well made trailer. Have been making trailers for 40 some years in Oklahoma. I owned a 92 until this spring, when I bought a new Merhow with complete living quarters. They have a great warranty on the new ones. I have friends who bought a new gooseneck last fall and they love it.
CTR Rider
SHMANN
Reg. Aug 2006
Posted 2006-11-26 6:32 AM (#51906 - in reply to #51891)

Veteran

Thanks for your information.  I am going to call Turnbow tomorrow to find out if this trailer would have a warranty like the 2007's.  The story is that this person was going to become a distributor for Turnbow, but due to local zoning issues they weren't able to become licensed dealers.  So they have this 2005 that they bought for on-hand stock, I need to check out a few more details, but it sure is an attractive trailer.
terri s
Reg. Sep 2005
Posted 2006-11-26 9:23 AM (#51910 - in reply to #51891)

Elite Veteran

When I was looking for my last trailer, I toured the Turnbow factory and was very impressed. Visited with them again at the quarter horse world as I am wanting to move up from my current trailer. From the research I've been doing, you are darned lucky to find a used one. Their attention to detail is impressive, they are friendly and accommodating to deal with and as they travel with their horses also, have a real grasp of what might be workable for one discipline over another (rodeo folks have different needs from dressage folks for example)
SHMANN
Reg. Aug 2006
Posted 2006-11-26 6:52 PM (#51942 - in reply to #51910)

Veteran

Terri - Thanks for the input.  Although it's a 2005 trailer, it is listed as new.  I want to call the factory tomorrow and see if the warranty would be applicable from the time of sale, or did it start 2 years ago.  I also want to see what a current (06 or 07) model would cost - the 2005 is $15,000.  For the features the trailer has, it really could be a good deal.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)