'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
American Spirit

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2006-11-29 1:47 AM
11 replies, 4421 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

can chase can
Reg. Nov 2006
Posted 2006-11-01 10:26 PM (#50971)
Subject: American Spirit

New User

I own an American Spirit Living Quarters trailer-I love it. It has been almost trouble free. I have over three years left on my warranty. I was told by my dealer that they have laid off most of the production people and let the whole sales force go. Isn't that what companies do when they go out of business. If/When they go under how would I have my warranty needs covered. Do companies have to set aside money for that. Is it up to the dealer to cover it, mine said they won't cover anything major.
Nice trailer but, now what?
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
HWBar
Reg. Nov 2005
Posted 2006-11-02 5:43 AM (#50975 - in reply to #50971)
Subject: RE: American Spirit

Expert

I looked at AS when I was buying the trailer I have now, looked to be a good trailer. It was a little bit pricey for a steel trailer, funny they are going out of buss. cause I couldn't find a dealer anywhere around me at that time. I kept calling people to get a price ended up talking with one of the originators of the business, some engineer type. He was going to make me a dealer with just one trailer. I thought that was not a real good business plan. Anyway as far as your warranty, just like Yugo owners you will be on your own.
haul_n_horses
Reg. Jul 2004
Posted 2006-11-02 9:43 AM (#50990 - in reply to #50971)

Regular

Dear American Spirit customers and future customers,

Hi there, my name is Taylor Goon and I am the Engineer for American Spirit manufacturing, and I would like to respond to the above comment.  Yes our production force is smaller than it was a couple of months ago but no we did not let the whole sales force go, we replaced them.  This switch of sales personnel was done on 10/31.  Now just let me note that the single poster “can chase can” signed on to HTW not even 24 hours after the change in personnel.

With that being said, American Spirit is by no means going out of business, we are just going in a different direction.   We are out to optimize our production / business quality and efficiency to lower our overhead so we can offer a better trailer at a better price.  To do this correctly it has taken some significant changes in prime locations. 

I can proudly say that I am extremely excited for the direction that we are going.  American Spirit trailers are going to be great trailers for many years to come and we will be covering all, if any, warranty problems to come.

Plus I agree with HWBar that we can not justifiably set up dealerships for a single sale.  This has been standard since we opened our doors.  Now as for what happened with you, I, as the engineer, could not have set you up as a dealership.  But, what I am thinking is that we might have tried to do something with you for a conversion sample when we were choosing our conversion company.  But I can not recollect talking to you directly, so if you could give me a call it would be good to hear from you.

If anyone has any direct questions that you might want to ask me or Harlan Slabaugh one of the new additions to our sales team, you can reach us at 1-866-896-5510.  Or you can send me private messages here on the forum.

Thank you for your time and concerns,

Taylor Goon

Edited by haul_n_horses 2006-11-02 9:45 AM
nanny
Reg. Mar 2006
Posted 2006-11-02 2:22 PM (#51008 - in reply to #50971)

Regular

I also own an AS LQ.  We love this trailer. I was concerned when I read your remarks re AS possibly going out of business. I called them and they assured me this is not the case.  In fact I just had warranty work completed without any problem. This is a top-notch trailer with all the bells and whistles and I sure would recommend them, and have, to many people interested in our trailer.
dr.sparky
Reg. Nov 2006
Posted 2006-11-02 4:14 PM (#51021 - in reply to #50971)

New User

Taylor, I've had my eyes on American Spirits for a while. I think i even spoke with you once about custom ordering one w small LQ. I've looked at many others, but keep coming back to AS as one of my top picks.

My problem is I can't find one here in New England to physically look at! I sure would like to sit in one, walk around and check out all the features before spending the $$.

Maybe ?just? maybe someone will have one at the Equine Affaire next week in Springfield Mass?? I have to make a final decision then, cause I need a new trailer soon!

DaveM
Reg. Sep 2003
Posted 2006-11-02 4:19 PM (#51022 - in reply to #51021)

Elite Veteran

Thanks Taylor for being on this site and responding so quickly.  It speaks well for you.  Personal response like this is hard to find . . . with any products. 

Good luck with your new changes.  This is what keeps companies competitive  . . . and improving.

Dave
HTW

SHMANN
Reg. Aug 2006
Posted 2006-11-24 7:50 AM (#51846 - in reply to #51021)

Veteran

I'm curious if you went to Equine Affair, and if you got to see the A.S. Trailers?  I noticed that in CT. we have a dealer in Danbury, so there is one location right off of RT. 84 that you can see them at. 

I am looking at 2 Horse BP trailers, and I'm wondering where A.S. fits into this dealers line-up.  They also carry Sundowner and Hawk.  I've been leaning towards the Hawk, but I'd like to see an A.S. in person.

Steve

Darwinsdata
Reg. Aug 2006
Posted 2006-11-24 6:41 PM (#51864 - in reply to #51021)

I feel as though I am always blowing the horn of Dixie Horse and Mule....and here I go again. I purchased my trailer from them. Luckily I was able to view the trailer myself, but recently had a friend from out of state that was unable to do so. The folks at Dixie recorded a DVD of the trailer my friend was interested in and overnighted it to them. It seemed as though the DVD was the ticket. My friend said the DVD showed alot of detail and gave a great "feel" for the trailer. In addition, I just happened to look at the DHMCO website and most of the AS trailers are either on sale, eligable for free nationwide delivery, or both.

Obviously, I am a huge fan of the staff of Dixie Horse and Mule, and all the products they carry. Everyone I know that has purchased from them sings nothing but praises. When I picked up the trailer, they were actually prepping two trailers for overseas delivery...a small bumper pull to the UK, and a large LQ to Sweden! To me, that speaks volumes. I personally checked out the American Spirit trailers while I was there....they are very horse friendly (human friendly too!). Simply stated, a lovely, well-built, comfortable trailer.

Good luck in your trailer search and happy trails!
dr.sparky
Reg. Nov 2006
Posted 2006-11-27 9:34 PM (#51980 - in reply to #50971)

New User

well... i went to EA looking, but didn't see any A.S. Little did I know that there was a SURPRISE waiting for me at one of the dealerships that sell them (not the CT one). (how do you say... nearly fell over backwards....)

It was just delivered this week, an A.S. 3H with a 6' LQ. It's beautiful! The workmanship in the LQ is wonderful, and so the details in the horse area! (i've been doing my homework for the past 6 months..) It's the steel frame w/ alum skin. (Maverick)

SHMANN
Reg. Aug 2006
Posted 2006-11-28 6:59 AM (#51989 - in reply to #51980)

Veteran

Now thats a great surprise - congrats on the new trailer! 
nanny
Reg. Mar 2006
Posted 2006-11-28 12:42 PM (#52003 - in reply to #50971)

Regular

Congrats on your new AS. We have an  AS with 10'LQ and couldn't be happier ...We've had ours about 6 months. Great trailer.
inIndiana
Reg. Feb 2005
Posted 2006-11-29 1:47 AM (#52022 - in reply to #50971)

Veteran

I have a 05 12 ft. sw 3h that I LOVE!!!!! I have talked to Taylor and his dad in my serch of my perfect trailer. I have nothing but good things to say about both. You will love your trailer. I have one guy that EVERY time he see's me at the horsemans camp he tells me what a pretty trailer I have. I tell him that pretty isn't the half of it. It is functional as well. Enjoy your trailer!!
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)