'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Any comments on Classic trailers?

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2006-10-08 6:21 PM
4 replies, 5827 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

rider3
Reg. Sep 2006
Posted 2006-10-02 3:51 PM (#49513)
Subject: Any comments on Classic trailers?

Veteran

Hey all- Been looking for new 2 horse- like the 4-Star, Hawk, and C&S. This site has several Classic brand trailers which offer Aluminum with fiberglass roff and rumber floor (not sure if Alum. over steel frame).  Does anyone know if Rumber 'gets along' with alum.?  I've never heard/seen this trailer make but sure looks like it has the best of everything- anyone have any experiences with these?  Thank you!!!
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
captclank
Reg. Feb 2006
Posted 2006-10-02 3:56 PM (#49514 - in reply to #49513)
Subject: RE: Any comments on Classic trailers?

Veteran

I have had a Classic for 4 years and love it. The rumber floor is outstanding and I wish my other trailers had it. My Classic has double and triple insulation and in the Arizona heat, still stays reasonably cool.
mox
Reg. Aug 2006
Posted 2006-10-02 4:38 PM (#49518 - in reply to #49513)

I recently bought my first Classic trailer this summer.  3 horse, GN w/ extra 18" added to the dress room.  

Absolutly love it.  Extreemly well built, attention to detail etc etc.  All (to the best of my knowledge) Classics are Aluminum super structure, which means everything, including the frame is aluminum.  The only steel on these trailers is the Hitch and Jack. 

The rumber floors are awesome.  Its got the redeeming qualities of wood, without the rot.  THere isn't a need for mats, because you have the rumber.  Because it is toung and groove (like wood), the urnie drains right through the bottom of the trailer (and not into your tack room).

The stalls  are really big in the horse area.  And my 2 QH's seem to like it just as much as they liked their old Sundowner.

Painted Horse
Reg. May 2005
Posted 2006-10-02 9:49 PM (#49529 - in reply to #49513)

Expert

I bought a 2000 3 horse GN - Monarch model ( their upscale model)

I had it for 5 years and used it ALOT. In that 5 years, I replaced a couple of marker lights and had to repair a small broken weld on one of my cat walks. ( from driving down so many wash board forest service dirt roads.) The rumber flooring looked as good after 5 years as it did when I bought the trailer new.  I sold it for a couple thousand dollars less than I paid 5 years earlier. Very good resale.

I bought a classic bunkhouse in 2005.  This is a 3 horse with a weekender package. In 5 years they have changed a few things. They use better doors today for the LQ or DR than they did 2000. Switches for lights are better integrated into the trailer than the old one. The storage area for the built in Jiffy Jack is still to tight of a fit and I don't care for the current jack they installed on my 2005. But for the most part they make a GREAT trailer for a very competitive price.

I picked my trailer up at the factory and got to take a tour. As mentioned above the trailer is all aluminum except for the hitch and jack.  They make their own insulated fiberglass roof. It is a one piece fiberglass that covers the entire roof. No leaks and the insulation keeps out the heat. Rumber planks on floor and rumber sheets on the lower wall panels.  Lots of flush mount lights, tie rings.  Lots of options, awnings, stainless nose, managers, mid vs rear tack etc.

Disadvantages.  They only have 10 dealers.  So there are not a lot of places to buy. Dealers are selling them as fast as they get them. So you usually can't look at in stock trailers. Nor will they dicker very much, since they can't keep up with demand.

I have not looked at their entry level trailers. Their "Westerner". So my comments are about the Monarch and Bunkhouse models.

siseley
Reg. Jul 2006
Posted 2006-10-08 6:21 PM (#49768 - in reply to #49529)

Extreme Veteran

We love our Classic!!

Lite weight, LOVE that Rumbar for cleanup, and both quality of construction and roof are head and shoulders above the competition. Got ours here in Calif. in Acton, and were given a great deal on it!!

http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h84/siseley/apr16playday015.jpg

http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h84/siseley/apr16playday031.jpg

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World