'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Golden Hills TR in OCT.

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2006-10-02 9:26 AM
12 replies, 4481 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Camp & Trail  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

mommamarsh
Reg. Jul 2006
Posted 2006-08-14 12:45 AM (#46522)
Subject: Golden Hills TR in OCT.

I am wondering if anyone here might be going to Golden Hills Trailride  Oct 15?

They are going to have Curt Pate giving clinics that week.Just wondering if anyone else here was going.Looking for riding buddy(ies) as I am planning on taking a young Paint colt and alot of the folks down there ride gaited horses.

Thanks for any replies.

share Top of the page Bottom of the page
rockyrider
Reg. Jun 2004
Posted 2006-08-21 11:27 PM (#47106 - in reply to #46522)
Subject: RE: Golden Hills TR in OCT.

Extreme Veteran

You set on that week? We are going 3rd week of Sept or 1st week of Oct. We would welcome you to ride with us, we kinda slow and easy.And been there enough times to get you good and lost. 
mommamarsh
Reg. Jul 2006
Posted 2006-08-24 12:11 AM (#47285 - in reply to #46522)

Thank you so much for your reply! That is the week I have off,DRAT!!

Maybe we will meet another time. I really wanted to go when Charles Wilhelm was there,but didn't get my request to change in to boss in time.

Once again,Thank you,

MommaMarsh

calamityj
Reg. Jun 2005
Posted 2006-08-26 11:30 AM (#47447 - in reply to #46522)

Elite Veteran

May be going to the Curt Pate clinic in October... he is REALLY GOOD. We've been to alot of clinics over the years and he is not "commercialized" and won't try to sell you any personalized toilet paper/spurs/bits/sticks/pads/ or any other endorsed product that sponsor him... he is just a really down to earth solid trainer....as for the trails there... OK but now they are building a little horsey neighborhood that you have to ride around to get down to the real trails... nice, I guess, if you are just moving from an apartment in town and have a horse.
Paints
Reg. Jan 2006
Posted 2006-08-27 6:46 PM (#47488 - in reply to #46522)

Veteran

Would love to go an see Curt P again.Few years back he gave 1 day clinic at Mad Cow Farm(name has been changed) outdside Brimfield,Il.Was great an draughter got autog.an pic was alot fun an such nice trainer too.Have enough fun have us all.I keep signing up to win one week for free an still waiting last try was at NIHF.
mommamarsh
Reg. Jul 2006
Posted 2006-08-28 11:29 PM (#47548 - in reply to #47447)

CalamityJ,Let me know if you all decide to go.Would enjoy having someone to ride with. Glad to hear CP is good trainer.Understand the product comment,too!!

Haven't been to Golden Hills in a few years.Knew they were starting an equine community,but didn't know what location .Still trying to convince myself to take Dante(2yr.old).Have a nice KMSH mare that sure is easy and fun to ride!But the big boy is sooo laid back and really needs the miles.Thank you so much for your response,

Marsha

mommamarsh
Reg. Jul 2006
Posted 2006-08-28 11:32 PM (#47549 - in reply to #47488)

Paints, think about going to Golden Hills in Oct.You just pay their reg.fees unless you want a private clinic.Thay have very nice facilities and feed you good too. Glad to get the good comments about Mr Pate. Thank you for your reply,

Marsha

mommamarsh
Reg. Jul 2006
Posted 2006-09-08 12:38 AM (#48103 - in reply to #46522)

Just an update.Have decided to hedge my bets and decrease my risk of visiting the ER in Houston,Mo. in Oct. Will be taking my 4yr KMSH filly and maybe Mr.Pate can help me improve her.
rockyrider
Reg. Jun 2004
Posted 2006-09-26 1:38 AM (#49127 - in reply to #46522)

Extreme Veteran

Just got back from an eventful week at Golden Hills. Several episodes with yellow jackets, several horses and riders stung. Hopefully there will be cooler temps your week. Stay off of Lime Kiln trail, and Moonshine Springs.

One lady bucked off during cattle drive, knocked out for a moment, took ambulance ride to Houston Hospital.

We left a day early due to 70 mph winds,large hail, and heavy rains predicted. Drove thru St. James, Mo 2 hrs before tornado struck.  

mommamarsh
Reg. Jul 2006
Posted 2006-09-28 11:34 PM (#49314 - in reply to #46522)

OH MY !! You all had too much fun!!!Will keep bees in mind and try to avoid!! I hope the weather has settled in next 2 weeks.Been down ther when smaller storm than you had came thru and know how that wind can blow across the camp. Glad you all got home safe!

Marsha

Paints
Reg. Jan 2006
Posted 2006-09-30 7:49 AM (#49427 - in reply to #46522)

Veteran

Wow looked up there site 8 by 8 stalls????Friend an I called an have few openings fo ride in Oct Curt Pate ride an neither of us been down there.Please tell us why we should go or not.We are taking walk.horses all my paints heavy in foal (early foals).I dont have much time on walking horses.I think 4 rides total.In input would be nice too.
mommamarsh
Reg. Jul 2006
Posted 2006-10-01 2:00 AM (#49458 - in reply to #46522)

Stalls are not the best,but seem to be big enough. Course,my first big trailride had tie stalls ,so... (41yrs ago). I will be most happy to ride with you all. Chessie is 4 and seems to be very level headed,so maybe the horses will all get along! I like to ride slow and easy,not into how fast we can go.Will be in Bucking Bronco barn.

Marsha

rockyrider
Reg. Jun 2004
Posted 2006-10-02 9:26 AM (#49494 - in reply to #49427)

Extreme Veteran

We've been there lots of times and always enjoy ourselves. We always meet and ride with wonderful people, and last week was no exception.

The stalls are a little small although it's never been a problem. They also have turnout pens you can let your horse out in to move around in and give you a place to put him while you clean out stalls. Their  campground is the best I've seen. Grass,lots of trees, plenty of room between you and your neighbor. As you have probably seen on their website they have lots of activities at night also. Food is good, trials are varied from gravel roads, to woods, open meadows, caves creeks. Hills, flat and everything in between. But most definatley ROCKS. If your horse is shod you might consider pads if he's a tender foot. Mine are barefoot and I needed boots before week was up. 

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)