'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Insulating a Gooseneck

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2006-05-08 2:20 PM
1 replies, 2606 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

bonniejf
Reg. Oct 2004
Posted 2006-05-08 2:08 PM (#41453)
Subject: Insulating a Gooseneck

Regular

With a lot of help from various websites I've found here, I have started to build a weekender package in my gooseneck trailer.  I need someone to shed some light on one part of this process.  How important is it to insulate the actual gooseneck part - the breastplate wall and the sleeping surface?  It is now covered in carpet and the breastplate wall has bolts through it that attach a water tank to the front.  There are also two large brush trays that are welded onto the breastplate wall that I would like to keep because they provide a ladder up into the bed.  If I put insulation down, can I put it over the existing carpet?  I have everything insulated but this area, and I'm not sure if it is worth pulling up the carpet.  Any ideas?
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
nd deb
Reg. Apr 2004
Posted 2006-05-08 2:20 PM (#41456 - in reply to #41453)
Subject: RE: Insulating a Gooseneck

Veteran

we never did with ours.  The carpet kinda of insulates and the mattress insulates you from the neck.   The carpeted area never feels hot or cold to me.  But when the trailer wasn't insulated I could feel the difference in the walls and cieling.   We had insulated the walls before the cieling and I had stayed in there that a way a couple of times and you could tell the cold and heat was coming from the cieling.   After insulating the ceiling then I didnt feel any hot areas, or cold areas.   Pics of mine can seen at http://www.debknudson.freewebspace.com/photo2.html
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2024 PD9 Software