'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Dream Coach

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2007-07-02 9:33 PM
15 replies, 17171 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

CRK
Reg. Feb 2004
Posted 2005-12-14 12:36 PM (#34068)
Subject: Dream Coach

Veteran

Hello.

We are looking at Dream Coach trailers and wondered if anyone has any info on them?

Thanks.

share Top of the page Bottom of the page
TXAggie
Reg. Dec 2005
Posted 2005-12-14 3:16 PM (#34080 - in reply to #34068)
Subject: RE: Dream Coach

I just took ownership of a Silver Edition Dream Coach that I designed.  It's a 2+1 straight load gooseneck with ramp: 10'-3" horse area, 8' horse stall w/ 5' side ramp, 8' LQ shell with extra windows and A/C; 8' wide, 7'-6" high. 

The dealer (http://www.roselltrailers.com/) was wonderful to deal with and helped me a lot with excellent design ideas as wells as sensible structural upgrades (like upgrading from 7.0K axles to 7.2K to get the 12" brakes for about $100 more; going from 7'-6" to 8'-0" wide for $200 more; placement of side ramp exterior load light to allow for future installation of awning, etc).  I went with the rumber flooring and full insulation of the horse area.  The dealer priced out what I wanted in both the Dream Coach and Elite, the Dream Coach was less expensive by several thousand dollars and included the rumber floors (which were not available on Elite). 

When the trailer was ready (took about 4 weeks to manufacture), I drove down from Maryland to Purvis, MS to pick it up.  The people of Dream Coach were very friendly, took me on a tour of their plant and even helped me level the trailer on my truck (I've never pulled a gooseneck before). 

The drive back was amazing and an overall pleasure (even if long).  Except for not being able to see out the interior rear view mirror, once I got up to speed (about 65 mph) on the interstates, it was hard to tell the trailer was back there, because the engine RPM was about where it would be without the trailer (on level ground). 

At the factory, I gave the trailer a once over (too excited to think straight at the time - it was so overwhelming seeing my drawing in real), and found one rough edge on one of the welds on a stud door and a window that didn't shut properly.  The workers quickly fixed those problems and then gave the trailer a quick final wash before I left. 

Once I got home and was able to look closer, I was truly impressed.  The craftsmanship was outstanding and all the welds were first class.  This is a well made trailer unlike many others I've looked at on dealer's lots.  Other brands I compared include: Sundowner, Kiefer Built, Elite, Hawk, Trail-ette, Exiss, Featherlight, Cherokee, and Merhow (BP). 

I would highly recommend a Dream Coach to anyone who is looking for a well made, strong, horse friendly, reasonably priced trailer.  I could go on and on, but I think you get the idea. 

Edited by TXAggie 2005-12-14 4:24 PM
CRK
Reg. Feb 2004
Posted 2005-12-14 4:03 PM (#34085 - in reply to #34068)

Veteran

Sounds like you are happy with your trailer. Must of been some jaunt from the MD to the plant.

I have looked at other makes and something just draws me to the Coach.

How well do you like the Rumber Floor and have you had any problems with slippage or durability?

walkin
Reg. Jan 2005
Posted 2005-12-14 7:13 PM (#34092 - in reply to #34068)

Elite Veteran

It looks like a nice trailer.  What is the box length?
Dunoir
Reg. Sep 2005
Posted 2005-12-15 6:25 AM (#34104 - in reply to #34068)

Elite Veteran

to CRK - I have a '97 2H BP with a rumber floor and it still looks great after 8 years of steady use.  Just wash it out and let it dry.  No problems with slippage at all.  I highly recommend the rumber floor.
RON @DREAM
Reg. Dec 2005
Posted 2005-12-15 7:51 AM (#34109 - in reply to #34068)
Subject: RE: Dream Coach - cracked welds

New User

Edited by RON @DREAM 2005-12-15 8:22 AM
Whinny2
Reg. Nov 2003
Posted 2005-12-15 9:00 AM (#34111 - in reply to #34068)

Regular

We have been Dream Coach dealers for 3+ years. We have personally owned several other brands of trailers, and are truly very impressed with our Dream Coach. We have had very few warranty issues with the trailers we have sold, and Dream Coach has been wonderful, as far as standing behind their product. We have found no lack of willingness to take care of any problems. They normally try to resolve everything overnight if possible. Dream Coach continues to improve with each and every trailer they build.

Glenda 

Kay
Reg. Oct 2003
Posted 2005-12-15 10:36 AM (#34114 - in reply to #34068)

Extreme Veteran

We, too, are Dream Coach dealers.  I am personally pulling a Dream Coach with a Rumber floor, and it is one of the nicest trailers I have ever had.   All manufacturers encounter disgruntled customers from time to time.  What counts is how that manufacturer handles the problems.  First, however, the news of the problem has to get past the dealer, and that dealer has to be dedicated to serving his customer and engaging the factory in solving the problem.  Our experience is that Dream Coach has bent over backwards to accommodate customers, including in cases where the problems were in no way their responsibility or fault.  DC is a good product, built by good people who care about the end user.  Most manufacturers fall into that category.
CRK
Reg. Feb 2004
Posted 2005-12-16 1:47 PM (#34152 - in reply to #34068)

Veteran

Thanks for all the information.

I have heard pros and cons about the Dream Coach and feel the same as some of you. Not all are going to be perfect and I know all to well that if someone is not taken care of immediately or if something goes wrong comments about the trailer is automatically negative.

I would be curious to know just about how many Dream Coaches are out there. Any Ideas?

rodeodad
Reg. May 2005
Posted 2005-12-23 7:11 PM (#34370 - in reply to #34068)

very poor quailty control from trailer to trailer meaning you may have one that is great the next seems as if it was made on friday at 4:55. That was our experience with Dream Coach. Now pull another brand and love it, with no problems. 
RON @DREAM
Reg. Dec 2005
Posted 2005-12-27 9:03 AM (#34413 - in reply to #34370)

New User

RODEODAD,

I AM WITH THE "DREAM COACH" FACTORY AND AM NOT SURE WHAT YOUR ISSUE IS OR WAS WITH YOUR DREAM COACH.  ALL MANUFACTURING COMPANIES HAVE HUMANS BUILDING THEIR PRODUCTS & MISTAKES DO OCCUR.  I JUST BOUGHT A NEW $50,000.00 TRUCK & DIDN'T GET BUT 7 MILES FROM THE DEALERSHIP & THE TRANSMISSION WENT OUT. THE DIFFERENCE IN THE COMPANIES & THEIR PRODUCTS, IS HOW THE PROBLEM IS HANDLED. WE PRIDE OURSELFVES ON GETTING TO THE BOTTOM OF ANY OF OUR PROBLEMS & GETTING THEM FIXED RAPIDLY & COURTESLY. WE HAVE A VERY INDEPTH QUAILITY CONTROL PROGRAM IN EVERY DEPARTMENT OF OUR PLANT & THIS PROGRAM HAS BEEN  IN EFFECT SINCE MID 2001.  AGAIN, WE DO & WILL GET ANY PROBLEM OR ISSUE RESOLVED. IF YOU OR ANY OTHER PARTIES WANTING INFO.ON OR ABOUT OUR Q.C. PROGRAM OR WOULD LIKE TO DISCUSS Q.C. ISSUES, I ENCOURAGE YOU OR ANYONE ELSE TO  CONTACT ME TOLL FREE AT 1-877-993-7323.  WE KNOW WE CANNOT PLEASE EVERYONE ALL THE TIME, BUT WE DO TRY EXTREMELY HARD TO ACCOMPLISH THIS PHILOSOPHY!

RESPECTFULLY,

RON HUBBARD

element
Reg. Oct 2004
Posted 2005-12-29 4:41 PM (#34512 - in reply to #34413)

Veteran

We also have a Dream Coach trailer. 4 horse with mid tack and 12 1/2 living space. We are extremely satisfied with the trailer quality. We have had this trailer for 2 years and 3 months. We really want to sale this one and have another Dream Coach made. It has a rumber flooring in it also. We did alot of research before buying this trailer and found that a Dream Coach does have alot of excellent qualities. If you care to discuss our opinion just pm us anytime. Thanks
TXAggie
Reg. Dec 2005
Posted 2006-08-13 11:18 AM (#46494 - in reply to #34068)

Well it's been 8 months now that I've had this trailer.  I like it more and more each time I haul it and use it.

We've succesfully hauled 3 horses in it - 2 in the straight load stalls plus one in the box stall area ahead of the two stalls (had to take out the saddle rack to make sure the horse didn't get caught up in the saddles).

I've added a 48 gal half round water tank behind the saddle rack and built a wood shelving unit to house the portable generator, propane cook stove and have room on top for 2 or 3 bales of hay. 

The rumber floor is great and so easy to wash out/clean after each trip - highly recommended over removable floor mats.  The insulated horse area is the best part of all.  We trailered a mare to the vet for treatment and then took the 'scenic' tour home by misadventure.  It was almost 100 degrees that day and we were in highway and stop & go traffic for almost 2 hours.  When we arrived at home, the mare was slightly damp, cool and calm; when we have previously trailered her in a different non-insulated trailer she has always been very wet, warm and a bit agitated.

Dream Coach builds a wonderful trailer and I will continue to recommend them to anyone looking for a well built, reasonably priced trailer.

Steve

retento
Reg. Aug 2004
Posted 2006-08-14 12:10 PM (#46564 - in reply to #34068)

Expert

TXAggie, that is one nice trailer! I remember when you posted this back when. Glad you brought it back to the top........ till I showed my wife. "Oh, OH, Oh, thats what I want" says the wife, "just make it 10' in the LQ, 10' in the center ramp area with ramps on both sides and a walk through from the LQ to the horse area and 10' in the rear/3 horses wide now thats what I want. Who sells them around here!!!?" She said all of that in one breath without hesitation. NOW...... I got to convince her that I will need an International 4400LP to pull something like this, LOL! I'm going to make her a deal. I'll buy her the trailer after............she buys me the truck! Again..... we really like the looks of you trailer.
Suemimm
Reg. Jul 2007
Posted 2007-07-02 6:09 PM (#63213 - in reply to #34068)

New User

They are great trailers, aircraft quality aluminum, superior safety standards. The people that build them now used to work for EBY. Best prices are with  Richard Small at Maine Trailers. I live in PA, and I'm going up to  pick up mine next week. His prices beat all other Dream Coach dealers by far.

Buffy111_99
Reg. May 2006
Posted 2007-07-02 9:33 PM (#63224 - in reply to #34068)

Regular

We just got a Dream Coach  a couple of months ago.  So far we love it.  Seems to be a well built, sturdy trailer.  (of course now that I said that something will fall off it - like a wheel or something else that is needed!!!!)  
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)