'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Scewing things up...

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2005-04-12 6:33 PM
3 replies, 4092 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

bearcat
Reg. Oct 2004
Posted 2005-04-12 2:44 PM (#23732)
Subject: Scewing things up...

Hi there!  I'm in the process of getting my new to me Trails West (2000 2-horse GN) ready for trail riding season.  It has a small (compare to all your huge living quarters!!) area up front that I am fixing up.  What's the proper way to put screws in to hold up curtain rods, coat racks, etc... 
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
hosspuller
Reg. Oct 2003
Posted 2005-04-12 4:16 PM (#23742 - in reply to #23732)
Subject: RE: Scewing things up...

Expert

Righty tighty.. Lefty loosey..

Actually ... it depends on what you're fastening it to.   You won't like it, if you put a screw through the outer skin of the trailer.  If you're asking about screws to a frame member, make sure you know what's behind the surface.  Wiring doesn't take screws or drills well.  There is always adhesive too.

Post some more details for a better answer.

bearcat
Reg. Oct 2004
Posted 2005-04-12 4:55 PM (#23750 - in reply to #23732)

Thanks for the reminder about watching out for the electric wires - hadn't thought about that!!

What I want to do is hang a peg hook rack and one of those pocket organizers on the trailer door, hang a curtain rod above the window, and a coat rack in the corner...

gabz
Reg. Oct 2003
Posted 2005-04-12 6:33 PM (#23754 - in reply to #23750)

Expert

If you can, check at your nearby hardware store and get a few lengths of flat steel that have numerous holes along the length of it. Have them cut it to the length you need. Attach THAT to any frame sections inside the trailer (tack/ dressing room area I suppose?)- then you can more easily bolt, clip, clamp other stuff to it.  If you are putting stuff up in the horse area, make sure the edges of the steel are ground or filed smooth, or cover it with that rubberized tool handle goop, so it doesn't injure a horse.

Screwing into your trailer door. It depends on your door's construction. If it looks like it's "paneled" (with steel/alum), you'll have a hard time if you try screwing at the very edges where the frame is. Try going in a few inches.  Drill a pilot hole first.  

I have found that magnets are WONDERful for hanging curtains ... : ) I got some clippy-magnet kind.  I'll probably replace them with more traditional curtain rods as I work on insulating and finishing the dressing room of the GN.  Get the big monster ceramic magnets from the hardware store.

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)