'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Horsetrailer campers

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2016-09-04 7:29 AM
1 replies, 3730 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

Anix
Reg. Aug 2016
Posted 2016-09-04 5:01 AM (#168286)
Subject: Horsetrailer campers

We bought our horse trailer with plans to use it as a camper when we wanted to. This would allow us to carry much more camping gear as well as our Mule, in the horse section. It would work for sleeping arrangements for those who does not like to sleep out in the open in bear country. Other times we would use it to carry our horses on trail rides, etc. we also did not want a 5 wheel camper . They don't make gooseneck campers, and we definitely needed a bigger trailer to haul our horses when we wanted to.. This combo works great for us. We do keep the trailer clean and nice smelling. A few weeks ago I ran across a forum that was discussing the same thing. There were those who had large equipment that required a gn, but they wanted a nice camper, but didn't want to buy another truck just to have a 5th wheel, so many of them have solved the problem by buying a horsetrailer with a nice camper, and use the horse section just as we do. This way they they get to keep their gn, and have their nice camper too. Now I don't feel so outrageous for doing this. Do any of you use your horse trailers for a duel purpose?
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
Reg. Dec 1899
Posted 2016-09-04 7:29 AM (#168290 - in reply to #168286)
Subject: RE: Horsetrailer campers

We had planned to with ours even before purchasing it. Son in law and I hauled small inflatable pontoon boats up to a high mountain lake and went fishing. We stayed in a campground. We got lucky and the only spot it would fit was open. Wife and I plan to do trips with grandkids in the trailer to campgrounds. Don't really care if it doesn't say "Lance" on the outside as long as it will fit.
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)