'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Compass Conversions HELP

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2013-08-30 9:06 PM
15 replies, 7321 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

jtgwolf
Reg. May 2008
Posted 2013-07-15 9:16 PM (#153371)
Subject: Compass Conversions HELP

any opinions please!!! Looking at buying a new platinum and have always had TrailBoss or Outlaw
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
Trailerqueen69
Reg. Jul 2013
Posted 2013-07-16 6:55 AM (#153374 - in reply to #153371)
Subject: RE: Compass Conversions HELP

New User

Compass is one of the best in the industry. They have great customer service and their work is outstanding. They will go out of their way to help you out if you have a problem and are really great people to work with. Couldn't say enough good things about them. I am a dealer and have used them for years. You are headed in the right direction and you will be more than satisfied with your product. :)
jtgwolf
Reg. May 2008
Posted 2013-07-16 8:34 AM (#153377 - in reply to #153371)

I'm so nervous, have only gotten complaints on my other posts about holes not being sealed from outside, grey and black tank handles sticking out breaking off hurting horses and Christy L. posted horrible things on FB the other night. My concern is living 1500 miles away and for 70k there should be no issues, argh.
justgurn
Reg. Oct 2010
Posted 2013-07-16 9:22 AM (#153378 - in reply to #153371)

Veteran

I spoke with the owner of Compass several years ago after finding their family owned Duster. Since Duster had closed shop several years ago he told me valuable information on my LQ. I've not seen their latest work but if it is the same quality that is in my Duster I would strongly consider them.
rodeogirl
Reg. Oct 2010
Posted 2013-07-16 9:58 AM (#153379 - in reply to #153371)

I have a Compass Conversion right now and absolutely love it! I have had several other conversions and this is definitely a top of the line conversion. They are great to deal with as well!
hogtownboss
Reg. Sep 2008
Posted 2013-07-16 10:21 AM (#153381 - in reply to #153377)

Expert

Originally written by jtgwolf on 2013-07-16 8:34 AM

I'm so nervous, have only gotten complaints on my other posts about holes not being sealed from outside, grey and black tank handles sticking out breaking off hurting horses and Christy L. posted horrible things on FB the other night. My concern is living 1500 miles away and for 70k there should be no issues, argh.

My opinion there is always going to be someone unhappy about something!  Just like my Sundowner trailer we bought a few years ago, we still have it and love it (wish it was bigger) but when I was asking opinions about it on here over half the replies was BAD!....  Either the ones that replied have no clue or actually just wrong or I just got a super trailer.  After doing some research myself we found out the issues with Sundowner was trailers up North that has not been taken care of.

From what you listed that was a problem with the handles sticking out and breaking off, this sounds like someone that has horses with a major pawing problem that needs to be fixed.

Edited by hogtownboss 2013-07-16 10:22 AM
jtgwolf
Reg. May 2008
Posted 2013-07-16 10:59 AM (#153384 - in reply to #153371)

Thanks everyone Christy Loflin just had me freaked out I know she's just one person but when your spending that kind of money....
hogtownboss
Reg. Sep 2008
Posted 2013-07-16 12:26 PM (#153388 - in reply to #153371)

Expert

You can not make 100% of the people happy 100% of the time!
hollywooddun
Reg. Jul 2013
Posted 2013-07-16 3:03 PM (#153391 - in reply to #153371)

New User

I have been reading your post.  One thing to keep in mind when you ask opinions is that is exactly what you get.  Some are good, some are concerned.  Think about customer service, sales, that kind of thing.  When folks like Christy starting yelling about issues there is usually more to the story and problem then what they are going to post about.  Such as  not following instructions, customer mis-use, or having repairs done at other locations and they mess things up (so not original mfg problem).  Compass has some really great craftsmanship and they stand by their product.
hollywooddun
Reg. Jul 2013
Posted 2013-07-16 3:15 PM (#153395 - in reply to #153391)

New User

Something else to keep in mind.  I also followed Christy's issues.  Most of what she described as having problems with is not the components made by the conversion company.  They are installed equipment.  Just like if you built your home.  You hire a builder and they install your appliances in the kitchen.  Your refrigerator goes out.  You don't blame the builder, you call Maytag.  They built it, the builder just installed it.  The same goes for the A/C issue, should be the same for the generator issue.  I think there may be more to that since she had some many but do you see what I mean.  Take into account what issues are being talked about and ask the conversions company if they give you any insight to it.
jtgwolf
Reg. May 2008
Posted 2013-07-16 4:07 PM (#153399 - in reply to #153371)

I spoke to the dealer and Compass and had them take several several several pics of everything inside cabinets, etc. I feel much better and sealed the deal today so I'll keep everyone posted. Thanks again
Trailerqueen69
Reg. Jul 2013
Posted 2013-07-16 6:49 PM (#153403 - in reply to #153371)

New User

As far as Christi's posts the other night..... When someone lives out of their trailer, there are going to be things that go wrong. That is why there are so many Rv service centers. It is a moving house. But what happened to her interior was not the fault of compass. They do not build the Genset, Ac, Etc, I can't imagine that someone over there was rude of course though all of us have a bad day at times lol just like her venting the other night. Jamie who is in charge of service work has to be one of the nicest guys I have dealt with. Those people go out of their way to get you fixed up. You are a name with them and not a number. Plus from what I was told one reason why she had a different Genset was because her dealer was trying to get her on the road so instead of fixing her Genset they gave her a new one. Again that is my inderstanding i was not there when all this tookmplace nor do i even know her. To me that was pretty nice since that is not how it is supposed to be. Plus when people are on the road all the time it does take some precise planning and plotting to get parts to them. I just hope that she got her trailer fixed and then makes another post thanking the people that got her taken care of. No one wants to see her or anyone stranded on the road. Also when you are nice to the company and service department you might be surprised at how well you are treated and taken care of. :)). I am sure you will be extremely happy with your choice of compass. Top notch company. :))
Clark
Reg. Jul 2013
Posted 2013-07-18 11:35 AM (#153426 - in reply to #153371)

New User

I would like to thank everyone for the nice comments about Compass Conversions. We are a small company of very dedicated craftspeople, who work tirelessly to give our customers and dealers exactly what they have ordered and expect from a conversion company. Our team will answer their phones 24/7 to help anyone, whether they are in one of our trailers or not. Not everyone knows this, but our crew, were the craftsmen from the old Duster Company, so they have many, many years of experience with Living Quarters. We don't spend a lot of time promoting ourselves, but we do let our Customer Service and Quality of Product speak for itself ! We have been trying to become more active on Facebook, so please visit us when you can.

Again, Thanks a million for the positive comments !!

Clark McDaniel  President - Compass Conversions

jtgwolf
Reg. May 2008
Posted 2013-08-29 7:41 PM (#154426 - in reply to #153371)

Just need to say we've had our new platinum trailer for about a month and the Compass conversion has been AWESOME!! Stands right up there with the Outlaw we had, I would recommend it for sure, the quality is fantastic!! And the Platinum well lets just say you can tell the guy from Elite went to Platinum b/c every weld etc is perfect!!
Bhill
Reg. May 2013
Posted 2013-08-30 1:35 PM (#154429 - in reply to #153426)

Veteran

Originally written by Clark on 2013-07-18 11:35 AM

I would like to thank everyone for the nice comments about Compass Conversions. We are a small company of very dedicated craftspeople, who work tirelessly to give our customers and dealers exactly what they have ordered and expect from a conversion company. Our team will answer their phones 24/7 to help anyone, whether they are in one of our trailers or not. Not everyone knows this, but our crew, were the craftsmen from the old Duster Company, so they have many, many years of experience with Living Quarters. We don't spend a lot of time promoting ourselves, but we do let our Customer Service and Quality of Product speak for itself ! We have been trying to become more active on Facebook, so please visit us when you can.

Again, Thanks a million for the positive comments !!

Clark McDaniel  President - Compass Conversions

Mr McDaniel;Thank you for reaching out, not many company leaders will do this.Thank you!!Best RegardsBrad Hill
PaulChristenson
Reg. Jan 2007
Posted 2013-08-30 9:06 PM (#154434 - in reply to #153377)

Expert

Originally written by jtgwolf on 2013-07-16 8:34 AM

Unless they post pictures of their trailers with said damage...I'd take those postings with a grain of salt...:) Ask Christy for documentation to backup claims...some people damage their trailer by their own errors and then try to shift the blame to anyone else to escape consequences...:(

Edited by PaulChristenson 2013-08-30 9:08 PM
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)