'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
maverick horse trailer with LQ by Hoosier

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2011-12-06 12:15 PM
5 replies, 18822 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

jimm
Reg. May 2011
Posted 2011-05-02 10:28 PM (#133776)
Subject: maverick horse trailer with LQ by Hoosier

New User

I'm looking at buying a maverick trailer with LQ, slide out 3 horse. Seems nice enough but wondering about what others know about the build quality. I read what I could find here on the history of the company. I would like to avoid that one.

Just want to know what others think of the quality, durability and design.

share Top of the page Bottom of the page
fastguard
Reg. Nov 2003
Posted 2011-05-03 10:54 AM (#133784 - in reply to #133776)
Subject: RE: maverick horse trailer with LQ by Hoosier

Regular

a friend of mine just bought one and had it delivered, sight unseen, and it surpassed her expectations and she is tickled to own it- she was moving up from a bumper pull with the mattress in the back:) i liked the features (led lights, big water tank, electric awning, soft touch interior, more solid wood interior features, recessed stovetop, round shower with sunlight) on hers so much i contacted them about possibly buying a few to sell...i do know that there are different levels of "bling" that they can do to the interior/ exterior and i would ask what you are looking for or what you are used to? they do seem to provide great bang for the buck in a steel/ alum trailer. for me there are a few things i couldn't live without (insulated horse area, soft touch interior/ more wood trim, enclosed gooseneck area etc.) i saw a 15' bar model last week and really liked that layout also.
jimm
Reg. May 2011
Posted 2011-05-03 7:53 PM (#133794 - in reply to #133776)

New User

I saw one at the MN Horse Expo. I was impressed with it. My friend thought the steel frame undernesth looked too thin compared to the tubular steal frame of others. The Maverick had steel channel. It seemed fine to me. undercoated and cross braced. The only thing I wanted to add were mangers, to also allow for outside storage compartments and a loading ramp. I liked the recessed hardware so horses dont get hung up. The lighting. The spacious living area and big bathroom. Everything below seems to be recessed well out of the way, (tanks etc) There really isnt anything I done like. The comment however from my friend concerns me a bit as he is pretty knowledgeble. To me it seems fine perhaps the others are over built in that area and this is fine as it is. I dont know.

Thanks for the reply

tknoble
Reg. Jan 2006
Posted 2011-07-01 9:54 AM (#135322 - in reply to #133776)

New User

We bought a 3 horse with 10ft LQ in September. I really love the layout of our trailer. Hoosier (Maverick) has done a decent job of organizing the living quarters to maximize space. The horse area is nice and our mares ride very well in it. Overall I think it's a good trailer.

We have had some warranty issues so Hoosier took the trailer back to Indiana, fixed everything and returned it within a week. Bill Daily has been very good to deal with and really does want to make sure the customer is happy.

jw4chillin
Reg. Nov 2011
Posted 2011-11-26 7:12 PM (#139124 - in reply to #135322)
Subject: RE: mspring and have also had warranty issues. The aluminumaverick horse trailer with LQ by Hoosier

New User

What type of warranty issues have you had? I am especially curious why you had to send the trailer back to IN?
We purchased one this spring and have alos had warranty issues. The aluminum welds in the horse area were poor and the hinges broke off also our sky light was cracked and needed to be replaced.
We have also had plumbing issues. Hot and cold water lines revered, leaking under the kitchen sink, and water from the wall between the fridge and shower.
A local RV dealer was able to fix some of these issues and Hoosier did reimburse us. However, it is frustrating to keep finding issues within the first year of ownership.
tknoble
Reg. Jan 2006
Posted 2011-12-06 12:15 PM (#139362 - in reply to #133776)

New User

We had a water leak coming through the roof that was dripping right over the bed. We also had gotten one of their rivetless ones and all the outside seams were popping loose. The black tank monitoring didn't work right. The drawer hardware didn't hold up. Because of the leak and the outside seam issue we asked that Hoosier take it back to fix. They fixed the leak and apparently pulled all the affected ceiling out and replaced it so there should be no possibility of mold or frame rusting. They also riveted all outside seams. They also made some other minor fixes and modifications for us. This was all done and it was back to us within a week.

We were probably not the easiest people to deal with since it was mid summer (prime riding) and Indiana is over 12 hours away but they were very willing to accomodate. We dropped off the trailer at one of the local dealerships and they picked it up from there. Then a week later I drove about 2 hours to personally meet with Bill Daily when he delivered it back to MN.

FYI...we did continue to have black tank monitoring issues through this fall. They sent out new parts and our local trailer dealer fixed it again. Some of the minor things have been fixed by our local dealer and they have always worked directly with hoosier on payments. It's been a little frustrating at times when our trailer is not available for use but I've talked to alot of people in our travels who have said it happens often with new LQ trailers from any of the manufacturers. We are hoping that 2012 will be issue free.

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)