'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Used Sundowner 2000 - 2003

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2010-04-21 10:24 AM
2 replies, 3105 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

sliceva
Reg. Apr 2010
Posted 2010-04-20 9:40 PM (#119089)
Subject: Used Sundowner 2000 - 2003

I have read alot about Sundowners lately and most of the information is not good. I know several people who own Sundowners and they all love their trailers.I am looking at a used 2003 Sundowner 777 that will have the floor replaced by the dealer before it is sold. Does anyone have any information, opinion etc. Should I simply move on and look for a different brand of trailer?
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
gard
Reg. Aug 2007
Posted 2010-04-21 8:35 AM (#119106 - in reply to #119089)
Subject: RE: Used Sundowner 2000 - 2003

Expert

In this forum are numerous threads about the SD brand of trailers. You will find a group of owners who are positive in their approval of these trailers. You will also find many that are not. SD has made many models of trailers over the years, with varying construction materials and qualities. These have also been identified within this forum, as to what years and models to avoid.

There are many builders of aluminum trailers that have excellent products. However, just because their main construction material is aluminum, doesn't automatically place them among the top trailers. There are as many ways to erect a trailer as there are manufacturers, and there are many choices of aluminum that can be used in its construction. Not all will result in top of the line, well built, long lasting variants.

I will raise some ire here, by saying that there are many better built trailers than the latest SD brand. It's difficult by a simple observation, to differentiate the construction qualities of competing brands of trailers. With some basic construction knowledge and a few visits to various manufacturing plants, you will quickly be able to determine which structural methods and materials are the best.

IMO, SD is now trying to build the least expensive product that it can. This is not reflected in its selling prices. An apples to apples comparison with their competitors, will illustrate the short cuts and structural differences among them. There are many alternatives from which I would first choose.

hogtownboss
Reg. Sep 2008
Posted 2010-04-21 10:24 AM (#119115 - in reply to #119089)
Subject: RE: Used Sundowner 2000 - 2003

Expert

Originally written by sliceva on 2010-04-20 9:40 PM

I have read alot about Sundowners lately and most of the information is not good. I know several people who own Sundowners and they all love their trailers.I am looking at a used 2003 Sundowner 777 that will have the floor replaced by the dealer before it is sold. Does anyone have any information, opinion etc. Should I simply move on and look for a different brand of trailer?

In MY opinion and I own a 2004 Sundowner 727 LQ trailer that we LOVE, if you are looking at an 2003 model that is needing the floor replaced already I WOULD KEEP LOOKING there is too many nice trailers out there with zero problems.

Like I said, we love ours but it is a Texas trailer and had very few miles on it when I got it.  Heck it still had the plactic on the toliet and shower when we got it. 

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)