'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Cherokee Trailers

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2010-04-20 8:28 PM
8 replies, 5259 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

Vella607
Reg. Apr 2010
Posted 2010-04-17 9:58 PM (#118966)
Subject: Cherokee Trailers

New User

Can anyone give me info on the Cherokee trailers?  I am looking at the 3H GN.  The 08 model and has the walk thru and stainless nose.  Good qualities and qualities that may be of concern.  This would be my first trailer.  Thanks
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
lesliemal
Reg. Sep 2007
Posted 2010-04-17 10:05 PM (#118967 - in reply to #118966)
Subject: RE: Cherokee Trailers

Extreme Veteran

My first LQ was a Cherokee Tomahawk and I loved it. From what I understand they are really well built trailers. I never had a minutes trouble from mine. Only reason I don't still have it, is I needed a little bigger LQ. I would not hesitate for a second to purchase another one.

Edited by lesliemal 2010-04-17 10:06 PM
Vella607
Reg. Apr 2010
Posted 2010-04-18 7:50 AM (#118978 - in reply to #118966)

New User

Is this a fairly new brand of trailer, as I haven't heard much about it.  Someone told me to look for the rear trailer casing that goes down to the frame bottom, it supposedly provides more strength.  Also is the strength of the trailer jeopardized by exposed rivets along the top rail that attatch the roof?  Are there other methods of roof application that make the trailer more rigid?  Thanks for any comments.
retento
Reg. Aug 2004
Posted 2010-04-18 9:26 AM (#118982 - in reply to #118978)

Expert

Originally written by Vella607 on 2010-04-18 8:50 AM

Is this a fairly new brand of trailer, as I haven't heard much about it.  Someone told me to look for the rear trailer casing that goes down to the frame bottom, it supposedly provides more strength.  Also is the strength of the trailer jeopardized by exposed rivets along the top rail that attatch the roof?  Are there other methods of roof application that make the trailer more rigid?  Thanks for any comments.

http://www.cherokeetrailers.net/

Vella607
Reg. Apr 2010
Posted 2010-04-19 7:33 AM (#119008 - in reply to #118966)

New User

Not to many people have much to say about this brand, am I correct in continuing my search?
flyinghfarm
Reg. Mar 2004
Posted 2010-04-19 8:58 AM (#119014 - in reply to #118966)

Expert

Um, they are not a new outfit, and I know some ropers and barrel racers that use theirs pretty dadgum hard, and no problems.  Give folks some time to respond, it is not uncommon for a wide range of responses to take a week or so....
SILVER
Reg. Feb 2010
Posted 2010-04-19 9:01 AM (#119016 - in reply to #118966)

we bought our first Cherokee trailer last summer. We love it. It is a very well built trailer. We went with the super chief because of being all insulated and finish in the back for the horses. We have had trailers previously that weren't finished for the horses and it makes a great difference hauling them in the heat having it finished for them also. The livings quarters are great. Very nicely done. All wood cupboards. We can't say enough nice things about the trailer. If we ever had to replace this one, which I don't ever plan on doing, we would probably go with another Cherokee trailer. Ours is also the walk thru with the stainless nose. Like I said we don't have any complaints about our trailer. Don't know if that will change down the road a few years, but for now, this is the best trailer we have purchased. And we have had two other different brand gooseneck trailers. Good luck on your first trailer purchase.
CTRider
Reg. Sep 2009
Posted 2010-04-20 10:20 AM (#119062 - in reply to #118966)

Extreme Veteran

HAHA yeah you have to give folks time to respond. I was at a competition all weekend staying in my brand new 08 Cherokee Super Chief 3 horse with 10 ft LQ stainless nose. We were camped primitive, used the generator a bit to catch the weather on tv. We LOVE our Cherokee. Its user friendly and comfortable and pulls great. We have tall horses and the 7-6 height is great. I personally consider them a higher end of the middle road trailer. The only thing I would like to see changed is the door latching mechanism. I prefer the kind that hook top and bottom as I think they are safer, but the rest of the trailer is wonderful. They make, or made, Tomahawk, Super Chief and Invasion with Super Chief being their upper level model I think. We have the Dream Catcher LQ which they do themselves and is their top of the line with real wood and leather. I bought one, used it 6 weeks, wrecked it, and liked it so much we replaced it with an identical model. Cherokee has been around along time and what impressed me about the company is they also make the mobile hospital units that come around for vaccination and blood drive clinics.
Vella607
Reg. Apr 2010
Posted 2010-04-20 8:28 PM (#119086 - in reply to #118966)

New User

Thanks, I appreciate the responses especially the one about the rear door latch.  The trailers in my opinion are well made as I have been looking at different models for about a year and unless you really use one you don't know the pros and cons.  Narrowing it down is difficult, there are so many different models and each has something proclaimed to be better.  Any other comments would be welcomed.

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)