'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
classic trailers

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2010-05-18 9:46 PM
11 replies, 18647 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

texas2006
Reg. Mar 2010
Posted 2010-03-11 12:08 PM (#117467)
Subject: classic trailers

New User

pros and cons on these trailers please. I am looking at a 2008 alum with lq Thanks!
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
captclank
Reg. Feb 2006
Posted 2010-03-11 1:01 PM (#117469 - in reply to #117467)
Subject: RE: classic trailers

Veteran

I have had a 3 horse Cavilire model since 2003. Lots of miles and absolutly no problems. Love the Rumber floor and the insulation! If they had made an 8' wide LQ, I would have bought one when I bought my LQ.
horsecamper
Reg. Sep 2008
Posted 2010-03-11 2:16 PM (#117473 - in reply to #117467)

Veteran

texas2006, I took a real good look at these trailers at the Western States Horse Expo (Sacramento, CA) a couple of years ago.  I also had a chance to talk to the Classic big boys.  If I remember correctly, these are the good old original Circle J people.  I was impressed with the structure and the many good design features (good engineering) that I found on the hayrack,  hayrack ladder, saddle rack, door and window latches.  Also, I was impressed with the LQ's, both in design concepts and quality. Classic had a local conversion company do their LQ's and LQ people go the extra mile to put all of those useful drawers in both the kitchen and bathroom.  The only con for me was that I like a freezer separate from the refrigerator.  Also, many of the used models that I saw were 7 wide and I happened to be looking for an 8 wide. 
texas2006
Reg. Mar 2010
Posted 2010-03-11 2:34 PM (#117474 - in reply to #117467)

New User

Thank you I am looking at an 8 wide with 10ft lq. 2008 They say it is all alum. I am trying to verify that. Do you know if they make an all alum trailer or just alum skin over steel?
Painted Horse
Reg. May 2005
Posted 2010-03-11 8:48 PM (#117485 - in reply to #117467)

Expert

I've had two Classic Trailers. A Monarch and a bunkhouse.  both were great trailers.  I used the heck out of the Monarch. And it looked great when I sold it 5 years later.

I understand they went out of business last year. so they are gone. But they made a good trailer.

Ramona Trailer Gal
Reg. Nov 2005
Posted 2010-03-11 8:48 PM (#117486 - in reply to #117467)

We have been a Classic dealer for 12 years. These trailers are all-aluminum and have a rumber floor. All of their living quarters were done in-house, not at another provider. Cabinets are real wood, usually hickory. We think you would be happy with your purchase.
marops52
Reg. Mar 2010
Posted 2010-03-17 7:17 AM (#117713 - in reply to #117467)

I sold my 2004 Classic 2 horse bumper pull. I’ll be replacing it with a 2001-2008 Classic 4 horse gooseneck. After owning a Classic you won’t own another trailer. Yes there are other nice trailers out there. Silverlite, Platinum and Feathterlite are all quality trailers. Classic went the extra mile when they built there’s. They had the horse buyer in mind and gave a QUALITY product at a QUALITY price. They tow like a dream and look like a dream. My bumper pull sat outside in a rainy state for 6 years and looked new still (not under a tarp or barn).When I was at a factory of a trailer owner, he told me this and it will always stick with me as long as I’m in the horse business. “Classics were great trailers, I knew the owners. They just didn’t charge enough to see them through the tough times” meaning the current US Economy downfall. So that got me to thinking how much those owners really make on a LQ trailer. If the Classic is equal or nicer trailer that sells an 8’ wide 4 horse gold buckle for 55k. Then brand-X sells there equivalent for 95k. You know Classic had to of made probably 10k on their sale, so that would but brand-X at clearing 50k on their trailer. This is why brand-X doesn’t only cares about selling a few trailers a year.
rmbxrs
Reg. May 2010
Posted 2010-05-14 7:57 PM (#120171 - in reply to #117486)

New User

Since you were a classic dealer would you happen to have parts for the trailer? I just bought an 07' westerner that has 3 missing clear marker lights. I woul also like to know about an extra saddle holder.
jackbrat
Reg. Sep 2005
Posted 2010-05-15 1:00 AM (#120182 - in reply to #117467)

Elite Veteran

I have an '06 Monarch Classic 2-horse GN. I love love love this trailer. I just wish that I had gotten a 3 horse for the extra storage space. My trailer has 16" tires,8-lug wheels with 6000 lb axles! Each! This was standard on the Monarch model. The walls are triple walled and carpeted in the tack room which you will pay a lot of money for in any other trailer. The tackroom GN door is aluminum and not a camper door. THe floor is Rumber. Again this was standard for the model. When I was looking at everything under the sun, The Classics were the best out there. They had options that the others didn't offer. (Well they did but you had to pay extra for them) And the fiberglass roof ! I love this feature- I cannot believe how much cooler this trailer is on a hot summer day compared to the other 3 trailers I have owned. HUGE difference. Also, look under the Gooseneck on the outside of the trailer. How many "aluminum" trailers have you seen that are all aluminum under the nose of the gooseneck?? Most "aluminum trailers" have steel under the nose. The windows are nice, all the latches are good quality and heavy duty as well. I have had no problems and no leaks.

The Monarch has more bells and whistles than the Cavalier model. Some of the Cavalier models may have had wood floors? I think?

I will say that I do get a lot of compliments where-ever i go with mine. If you can find one for sale, you will be happy with it!

Anyone have a stud divider for sale or want to trade dividers? I have a padded divider with solid head area, no slats. For 7' wide.

Ramona Trailer Gal
Reg. Nov 2005
Posted 2010-05-15 6:09 PM (#120202 - in reply to #120171)

We have parts in stock, the question is, which style of lights do you have? You can give our parts department a call at 888-809-8887 and speak with them. They will ask you some questions to determine what lights you have on your Westerner. We can ship to you anywhere in the US.
honeyjlm
Reg. May 2010
Posted 2010-05-18 9:41 PM (#120333 - in reply to #117467)

New User

I have a 2004 3 horse Gold Buckle Classic.  It's perfect for my daughter and I and we have had no problems with it.   I need to think about selling it as she is off to college..hate to let it go. The awning has held up, It still looks good, love the hydrolic jack, wood cabinets, mangers and outside storage compartments under the mangers.  This is a great feature and my POA ponies and 16 hand Appaloosa fit just fine.  We clean out the back stall area during shows and use it for a dressing area as there is a door that connects from the living quarters into the stalls.  We close all the windows and ceiling vents and the air conditioner keeps everything cool from the stall area and forward.  I haul it with a 2500 HD Chev and it tracks great.  The feature for gas/elec on the fridge is dood to have so we can keep everything cool during long road trips.  It was my first big purchase and I have no regrets
honeyjlm
Reg. May 2010
Posted 2010-05-18 9:46 PM (#120334 - in reply to #120202)

New User

I need to get the upper and lower exterior lights that are by the Living Qtr door.  I have a 3H 2004 Classic Gold Buckle addition.  I believe you have to purchase the entire casing as I can't the the bulb out. I can't seem to find a Classic "parts" company.  Thank you 
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)