'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Construction differences

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2010-03-11 1:56 PM
3 replies, 3442 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

Safet
Reg. May 2009
Posted 2010-03-07 1:04 AM (#117302)
Subject: Construction differences

Veteran

Can someone tell me the difference in construction between:Exiss Sport and Exiss Event?Exiss Event and Sooner SE, Dx or Lx?How do the Exiss and Sooner compare to Silverlite?What is the difference between these brands and Elite?Also, how do I figure out which Sundowner trailers are all aluminum vs. aluminum skin over steel?Thank you for your help (and boy do I need it!).
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
horsecamper
Reg. Sep 2008
Posted 2010-03-08 1:38 PM (#117341 - in reply to #117302)
Subject: RE: Construction differences

Veteran

Safet, I can maybe answer a few.  Exiss Sport is the lite version of the Exiss trailers.  The Event is higher quality.  The guys will chime in in a minute with more detailed information, but, as a quick easy way to get some handle on heavy duty versus non heavy duty construction on all aluminum trailers, compare trailer weights for trailers (non LQ) of the same dimensions and features. I don't own an Event, but would consider a purchase of one.  Probably wouldn't consider a Sport.  Trailers can roughly be categorized as Low, Mid and High End, with Event as a solid Mid, along with Featherlite. Elite is a High End, heavy duty, comparable to a 4 Star, Bloomer, or Platinum. (I'm not to sure about the newer Elite Mustand, maybe somebody else can provide more info)  Silverlite is little known outside of the PNW, but, in my opinion is more of a high end.  The Siverlite LQ's aren't fancy looking, but the trailer construction is heavy duty.  However, that being said, Silverlite has just come out with sort of a lite model, wood floors and no mangers.  I don't know if there have been any structural changes.  There are quite a few threads on this forum about trailer quality.
danmilo
Reg. Mar 2010
Posted 2010-03-08 10:51 PM (#117356 - in reply to #117302)

New User

Safet, I just walked the Silverlite factory on Friday with my wife to look at possibly ordering a custom bumper pull unit.  Very friendly people and very open. It clearly is a hand made product with plenty of beefy aluminum gussets and welds throughout the construction process. Looking at the floor construction and underframe pointed out how solid the trailer will be.  The Prestige is fully insulated, the Circuit Deluxe is the heaviest of their models and probably would match Exiss and Sooner straight up. We have friends who have both brands.  All three are great trailers.  

Dan

texas2006
Reg. Mar 2010
Posted 2010-03-11 1:56 PM (#117472 - in reply to #117302)

New User

How about Classic alum. Do you know how well they are made?
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)