'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Cedar Lake Oklahoma

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2010-01-28 8:33 AM
2 replies, 3794 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Camp & Trail  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

CTRider
Reg. Sep 2009
Posted 2010-01-21 11:05 AM (#115545)
Subject: Cedar Lake Oklahoma

Extreme Veteran

I was browsing through old posts. Lots of good information there. Saw a post about a cafe near Cedar Lake Equestrian called Hontubby Cafe. Was wondering if the poster (Terri) knows if this cafe is still open ? My husband and I ride frequently at Cedar Lake and hot catfish after a ride sounds good. (when I dont have to cook it LOL ) I also thought the thread a year or so ago on camp food/camp cooking and quick recipies and ideas was good. That would be a good one to revisit. I am not much of a quick food/junk food person. We like steaks, salads, etc.
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
oklahoma horse
Reg. May 2005
Posted 2010-01-27 8:43 PM (#115811 - in reply to #115545)
Subject: RE: Cedar Lake Oklahoma

Regular

Yes the little restaurant in Hontubby with the all you can eat catfish on Friday nights is still there. I am going to Cedar Lake in about four weeks for a work weekend. Can't wait for winter to break! If you like Mexican food there are some really great restaurants in Heavener. There is one pretty close to camp (I didn't care for it) and another one in town that has a Mexican bakery. AWESOME FOOD!

Edited by oklahoma horse 2010-01-27 8:46 PM
CTRider
Reg. Sep 2009
Posted 2010-01-28 8:33 AM (#115829 - in reply to #115811)
Subject: RE: Cedar Lake Oklahoma

Extreme Veteran

Thanks Terri. We usually run up to Queen Wilhelmina and eat one meal while there camping. Have seen the Mexican places going to Heavener but not tried them. The new road into camp is going to be nice when they finish. When you  leave camp that is a hard hill to pull from a stop at the stop sign. New road will eliminate that. Would love to come to your work weekend but I have a competition in 5 weeks so dont think it would work out. I will spend that weekend cleaning and packing the trailer and just do some light riding. We were there camping Christmas Day and on Saturday rode up to Emerald Vista in the snow. It was beautiful. Fellow campers thought we were nuts. LOL I always wanted to ride there in the snow and this year got my wish.

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)