'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
LQ Design Considerations - Newbie!

Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2009-10-25 7:30 PM
27 replies, 10563 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

terri s
Reg. Sep 2005
Posted 2009-10-24 9:08 PM (#112342 - in reply to #111938)
Subject: RE: LQ Design Considerations - Newbie!

Elite Veteran

Obviously you do not clean your own trailer or you like to clean more than I do! I avoid dragging in any more mud/dirt than I have to although I never thought of myself as a parking lot queen.
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
wyndancer
Reg. Apr 2007
Posted 2009-10-25 8:45 AM (#112354 - in reply to #112342)

Extreme Veteran

Originally written by terri s on 2009-10-24 9:08 PM

Obviously you do not clean your own trailer or you like to clean more than I do! I avoid dragging in any more mud/dirt than I have to although I never thought of myself as a parking lot queen.

The reference to parking lot queen pertains to those trailers, that the only time they ever leave the pavement is when they pull into a fair ground parking lot.

Here's they deal. I just attended the Gordon Setter National Field Trial in Nebraska. I was there for a week. It had rained/snowed prior to arriving. It wasn't dry, in fact it was mud. So much so, that we had 20 oat straw bales delivered, and then scattered them out so that we could give 35 dogs a place to lay down on, other than mud, when they were staked out.

It nearly got dry 4 days in, then it started raining again. The night before we left 2" of rain fell, and continued while we were packing.

Between two rigs, we had 35 dogs and 8 horses. All those animals need to be fed and watered...and dog cr*p needs to be picked up. Doesn't matter if there's mud, or snow or rain...it gets done.
Vetontheway
Reg. Oct 2009
Posted 2009-10-25 7:30 PM (#112378 - in reply to #111938)

Wyndancer...Sorry to hear about the mudfest but yes, that is most field trials.... but I love the Nebraska Sand Hills....I go every chance I get. Most horse folks have never been to a field trial but when you are hauling performance animals (horses and dogs) the trailer has to be designed efficiently. As you mention...try getting 35 dogs in and out of a trailer 2-3 times a day from a trailer designed improperly. You can't walk around the trailer for weeks at a time to attend to animals on both sides...the mid-tack is the most important section of the trailer for the field trialer..that is where all work begins and ends.
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)