'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
2010 Lakota Charger, personal review

Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2014-05-16 10:19 PM
27 replies, 34788 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

aceliberty
Reg. Sep 2011
Posted 2014-05-16 12:25 PM (#159073 - in reply to #110860)
Subject: RE: 2010 Lakota Charger, personal review

Extreme Veteran

Mine is a 2015 just off the line. The graphics are backed off. I've had lots of compliments on mine. They are just the "Nike" type swoosh and no horse pictures. My bigger axles makes for a higher step for the horses, and I anticipated a potential issue. However, it proved not to be a problem. My horses back out slowly so that is a plus.I ordered a power awning and love it. I figure when I'm off to ride, I'd just put it back in and not have to worry about a storm blowing up out of nowhere. I've been camping and seen awnings go flying when a wayward storm blew up. Not pretty. All in all, I just haven't found a thing I don't like about the trailer. I did have shelves put in some of the cabinets, but that's the only tweak I've felt I needed.
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
Three 4 Luck
Reg. Nov 2003
Posted 2014-05-16 2:46 PM (#159075 - in reply to #110860)

Regular

Re: higher step

You might want to scout out a spot where you can make that step lower. I had a trailer that was blocked 3" and the step was very high. For the most part, it wasn't an issue, but hauling babies or an injured horse it was difficult if not impossible without finding a ditch to get into. I bought a trailer with a ramp last year because of running into the occasional problem with the big step, and have been very glad I did. One horse had to be hauled to the vet with a front leg he couldn't pick up at all and I was thanking God I had a ramp.
aceliberty
Reg. Sep 2011
Posted 2014-05-16 10:19 PM (#159082 - in reply to #110860)

Extreme Veteran

I agree with your points. However, in my case I used to have a BP with a ramp, and I hated it. At the time I had a horse that was a loading nightmare. He'd fly off the left and right of the ramp, and I was always holding my breath that he wouldn't suffer serious injury. That went on for months till I learned "direct and drive". My current horse can't seem to figure out how to swing his rear end around when unloading and is always about to step off my friend's ramp. With all this in mind, I chose not to include a ramp when ordering the new trailer. My friend with the ramp hauls a LOT of babies and all of his trailers (4 of them) have ramps. I've had two injured horses over the last decade and at the time wished I had that old BP trailer with a ramp. You made two very good points to consider when considering ramp vs. no ramp.
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)