'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Looking for Trail-et input

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2009-02-11 9:13 AM
4 replies, 4940 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

JRM
Reg. Nov 2008
Posted 2009-02-09 9:41 PM (#99124)
Subject: Looking for Trail-et input

New User

I've been reading on the manufacturing history of Trail-et, Hawk and Equispirit. I've seen Hawk trailers 'in person', and really like them. I like the idea of the steel frame and aluminum skin, and the features included in the trailer.

I am also interested in Trail-et, as it seems almost identical (in pics and other points)to Hawk...on paper! The nearest Trail-et dealer is 4 hr away from me, so I was hoping to get some input on the brand to see if it's worth some major travel time on my part.

I've read on many other boards about how people love their Trail-ets, but most of the ones being referred to are older models. Does anyone here know whether the current ones are of the same quality as the older ones? How would you compare the quality between Trail-et and Hawk? Since Trail-et is significantly cheaper than Hawk, can you enlighten me on the 'why's' of this? Is there anything I should look out for?

Many thanks in advance for your help!

~Jeannie16
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
gard
Reg. Aug 2007
Posted 2009-02-09 9:54 PM (#99125 - in reply to #99124)
Subject: RE: Looking for Trail-et input

Expert

Do a search on Trailet and you will find may threads.

You can only compare the two from twenty feet away. Once you inspect the construction, the hardware, windows, drop downs, doors, frame, axles, tires, wheels etc etc, the similarities end with them both being horse trailers.

Gard

dbelling
Reg. Aug 2005
Posted 2009-02-10 6:04 AM (#99144 - in reply to #99124)

Regular

I own a 1999 Trail-et New Yorker model.  I am very pleased with it.  I have seen the 08 model and it is pretty much the same.  It hauls wonderful. No sway.  There is a lot of ventilation and the it is insulated.  I converted my dressing room into a small sleeping area for camping with my horse. We added buddy bearing so we could grease the bearings easier. It is a quality made trailer. Debbie
JRM
Reg. Nov 2008
Posted 2009-02-10 7:00 PM (#99201 - in reply to #99124)

New User

Thanks for the input so far. Gard, since you've seen both trailers in person, do you have any specific findings to point out? You can PM me at cjmorry 'at' eagle 'dot' ca if you'd rather... Thanks too to the second poster whose had a good experience with her trailer. That seems to be what I'm hearing overall. I did do a search on the brand here, but it didn't turn up much.
If anyone else has input, please fire away! Thanks again, all.

~jeannie
gard
Reg. Aug 2007
Posted 2009-02-11 9:13 AM (#99238 - in reply to #99201)

Expert

Jeannie,

Sent you a PM.         Gard

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format