'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Horse Trailer Conversion

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2007-03-14 10:43 PM
8 replies, 4184 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

dcheygirl57
Reg. Mar 2007
Posted 2007-03-06 5:34 PM (#56788)
Subject: Horse Trailer Conversion

New User

I need help and not too proud to admit it.  I have always owned a 2 horse bumper pull, I recently purchased an older 2 horse slant load steel gooseneck with living quarters.  I am interested in installing a cowboy shower but don't even know where to begin or what all I have to have.  I did go to lqparts.com and found the shower.  My question is what size water tank will I need (it will be only myself), where does it have to be mounted, do I need a water pump of any type and how do I heat the water.  Nope, that's not all.  The floor is wooden, is this going to cause major damage to the floor?  Next subject, gooseneck hitch..... Where do I get one, what is the best type, who installs them?  Don't I need trailer brakes added to my truck?  There again, where, what and who.  Okay, I'm through now.  Thanks bunches!
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
richard57
Reg. Feb 2007
Posted 2007-03-06 7:39 PM (#56792 - in reply to #56788)
Subject: RE: Horse Trailer Conversion

Ok let's try this first. Forget lqparts go here instead will save you some money and the shower is the same and you can get everything you need here too. www.rvexit.com Ok yes you will need a 6 gal. water heater get the model 2088 water pump shurflo is the brand. Oh, the water heater is a Atwood. Water tank depends on where you want to install it. If it's just you a 30 gal. will be enough. Water lines and fittings you can pick up from any Lowe's or Home depot use the Pex type1/2" size. Has for the floor yes there may in time be some damage from the water you can get a shower pan and use it and put a drain on it and cut a hole in the floor to stick the drain through. Has for the location I would have to know a little more about your trailer. Here is my e-mail address and I will more than glad to answer all your questions.rlyon1957@aol.com Has for the hitch I would recomend the B&W type it will bolt up under your bed and you should be able to find one at any shop that install's hitches. Use the yellow pages. They should have a brake controller has well. Hope this helps and has not confuessed you to much will be glad to help.

dcheygirl57
Reg. Mar 2007
Posted 2007-03-07 6:33 PM (#56841 - in reply to #56792)

New User

I can't thank you enough for all of your help.  I had heard about the shower pan and will definitely go that way. I will check out the rvexit website tonight.  I'm really excited about this project and want it to be right.  You haven't confused me one bit.  Next confession is going to sound a little strange, I bought the trailer but I don't have a truck that will pull it.  I have a truck but it is a F150 6 cylinder.  Do you think that a F150 cyclinder or a Chevrolet 1500 will pull the trailer?  I don't want to invest in a heavy duty truck until I'm sure that I'm going to like the weekend get-away package (now who is confusing who).  Thanks again for all of the info.  I'll email you a picture on the inside of the trailer.
BigT
Reg. Oct 2003
Posted 2007-03-07 9:41 PM (#56851 - in reply to #56788)

Extreme Veteran

I checked http://www.rvexit.com/ for  "PHOENIX Exterior RV Shower"   their cost is $80.95, I did a search for the shower and found another RV supplier had it for $69.95 and it is $59.95 on Ebay. If they are this high on this product I expect them to be high on others.
dcheygirl57
Reg. Mar 2007
Posted 2007-03-07 11:00 PM (#56855 - in reply to #56851)

New User

Hi, yep, when I checked lqparts.com, I found the cowboy exterior shower for $69.50.  I didn't check ebay for some reason because I normally do.

Any idea where to buy good trailer mats? 

brushycreekranch
Reg. Jun 2006
Posted 2007-03-08 6:01 AM (#56856 - in reply to #56788)

We prefer the vulcanized mats. They have a full 10 replacement warranty. They are much better than mats we had bought at feed or farm stores. And they can be sealed together, not that you would want to in a horse trailer. I think the last ones I got were $28 each, but I picked them up at the QH Congress.

http://www.therubberman.com/

BigT
Reg. Oct 2003
Posted 2007-03-08 6:16 AM (#56857 - in reply to #56788)

Extreme Veteran

Found one cheaper on ebay

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Phoenix-Exterior-Shower-for-your-RV-Camper-ToyHauler_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ50073QQitemZ230072447441QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWD1V

richard57
Reg. Feb 2007
Posted 2007-03-08 5:55 PM (#56898 - in reply to #56841)

Glad to help. Has for the 6 banger I ahd a friend who pulled one for a couple of years until we got stopped on a hill at a light He got another truck after that ride. The chevy has long as it is a V-8 will pull it all right until you decide A Z-71 package would be better and you could get your money back on a trade or selling it outright either way. look forward to the pic's

dcheygirl57
Reg. Mar 2007
Posted 2007-03-14 10:43 PM (#57089 - in reply to #56857)

New User

Hey, yeah I looked at Ebay and bought a brand new one plus shipping and handling for $16.50, can't beat that.  I also got the fresh water tank and the water pump half price on ebay.  I'm going to try looking for the rubber mats next.

Thanks for all of the help.

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)