'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Classic Horse Trailers

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2006-08-04 9:49 PM
8 replies, 9575 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

AbbyB
Reg. Nov 2003
Posted 2006-08-01 8:17 PM (#45840)
Subject: Classic Horse Trailers

Veteran

Looking for input on the Classic trailers.  We stopped at a dealership yesterday & looked at what they had in stock.  They appear to be a nice trailer & I really like the Rumber floors!  So would love some feedback from anyone w/experience w/them.  Thanks!
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
Painted Horse
Reg. May 2005
Posted 2006-08-02 1:07 AM (#45858 - in reply to #45840)
Subject: RE: Classic Horse Trailers

Expert

I am on my 2nd Classic.

1st one I bought in 2000.  It was a 3 horse Monarch, Mid tack, pretty well loaded. I keep it 5 years and used the heck out of it. It held up very well.

Last summer I bought a Classic Bunkhouse. I had hoped to keep my daughters riding with me. Maybe a bunk & bathroom would intice them to spend the weekends with me in the mountains. It's a good trailer. Again fully loaded.  3 horse GN, Mangers, Rear and Mid tack, Roof rack, Awning etc. It has held up well.

With my 1st Classic, I was able to squeeze 4 horses into the 3 horse trailer pretty easy. With my current trailer, (with midtack and mangers) there is no way to squeeze a 4th horse in. So I'm kinda toying with the idea of selling it and getting a 4 horse trailer. I really hate to get a bigger trailer, so I'd probably give up the Mid Tack in exchange for room for the 4th horse.

Classic only has 10 dealers. So not many people have heard of them. They are made up by Boise Id.The dealers sell every trailer they can get.  Most of the time there is a waiting list to get one. My used one sold in about a week and I had 3 back up buyers who wanted it. I sold it for $3000 less than I paid 5 years earlier. I lost about 25% in depreciation for 5 years.

It's not in the same class as a Hart or 5 Star trailer. But it doesn't cost any where near as much.

AbbyB
Reg. Nov 2003
Posted 2006-08-03 6:39 AM (#45938 - in reply to #45840)

Veteran

Thanks Painted Horse!  They look to be very well built...& like you said, not the bells & whistles of the high end trailers, but I cannot afford one of those these days - looking for well built & easily accessible type options! Did you get the rumber floors?  I sure think they'd be the way to go...& you could always put mats over them if you wanted more cushioning.  I do NOT like the aluminum floor I have in the current trailer nor the 4 Star I used to own.
jepeddo
Reg. May 2006
Posted 2006-08-03 9:32 AM (#45957 - in reply to #45840)

While I don't have personal ownership experience with Classic, I have recently spent approx. 6 months looking at new trailers and I was impressed with Classic's degree of interior finish. I'm the silly guy you see at trailer dealerships running his hands over welds, seams, etc. feeling for sharp and unfinished edges, looking under mats, checking door seals, ..... Every trailer has a few things here and there that I'd like to see improved upon, but during my 'research' Classic remained one of my favorite brands. IMHO if the horse area isn't as safe as possible, then I don't care how cool the cabinet handles are or how big the flat-screen TV is.
Painted Horse
Reg. May 2005
Posted 2006-08-03 9:02 PM (#45989 - in reply to #45840)

Expert

Both of my Classics had the rumber flooring.

The floor in the 1st trailer, even after 5 years of hard use, showed very little wear.

The Classic is in the same price range as the Exiss or Featherlite and I think it offers more.

jackbrat
Reg. Sep 2005
Posted 2006-08-03 10:46 PM (#45990 - in reply to #45840)

Elite Veteran

I bought a Classic "Monarch" model and love it! I did alot of research on price comparisons and the Monarch was the best price deal for everything that it comes standard with. I looked at Featherlite and Exiss, Spoke with the sales people on what it would cost for all the options that the "Monarch" came standard with and they were priced way over what I paid for the "Classic". My new "Classic tows real smooth and quiet too. I ordered the 2-horse GN. Also, the fiber-glass roof is awesome- sooooo  much cooler than my other GN that had an all aluminum roof. I get compliments everywhere I go with this trailer.

Good Luck - let us all know what you get!

captclank
Reg. Feb 2006
Posted 2006-08-04 11:12 AM (#46018 - in reply to #45840)

Veteran

I have a 2003 3 horse Classic GN that I love. The insulation in the horse stalls and tack room makes a big difference in the AZ heat. The rumber floor is one of the best I have every used. I would highly recommend them.
Dunoir
Reg. Sep 2005
Posted 2006-08-04 1:29 PM (#46023 - in reply to #45840)

Elite Veteran

I have a '97 2H with rumber floor (not Classic brand) which I bought new.  The floors have held up very well with steady use.  I want to upgrade to a GN LQ, but don't want to give up the rumber floor!  Good to know Classic installs them as not many do as of yet.
Haflingers4Me
Reg. Apr 2006
Posted 2006-08-04 9:49 PM (#46035 - in reply to #45840)

I have a 3 horse Classic Monarch gooseneck and love it. Rumber floors are the way to go, no lifting out mats, hosing down the floor and hauling  them back in, although I still use shavings as it can get a little slippery. I ordered mine with a folding rear tack (really like how easy it is to collapse) and a hayrack.

I shopped around and compared many trailers and really think it was a lot of trailer for less money than the nationwide brands, The only thing I didn't like was no rear door locks but I can get those added for less than $100. 

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)