'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Back in the saddle after the flu ride.....

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2008-04-13 10:36 PM
8 replies, 4264 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Camp & Trail  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

cowpony01
Reg. Mar 2006
Posted 2008-04-03 8:16 PM (#81094)
Subject: Back in the saddle after the flu ride.....

Extreme Veteran

Well decided since I had more strength today after a week and a half long bout with the flu, decided to move cattle to another field, close one off and move the heifers above the horses in the upper pasture, time to let some grass grow quite a bit more for summer. Got on ole' Josie as I haven't really been on her with working Fancy and getting the miles put on her. Josie is one that I can leave sit and get back on her and it's like she's been ridden the whole time off, well..............  ..............The spring bug hit her and she was sure full of herself, she's simple to handle so it wasn't a big deal, just a few "hey now's!" and "quit's!" kept her in line. We made it around the clover field to close it off and no big deal, very nice jaunt, went over to move the heifer and get them into a group and when one took off "BAM!" Josie was gone and on the heifer like flies on caca and me hanging onto the saddle horn to keep my butt in the saddle! I was so not prepared like I usually am, and that heifer stopped, and she skidded, stopped, upped and turned and got that heifer like you wouldn't belive, she was just so happy to be working cattle again, but I sure wasn't prepared for the "million dollar cutting extravaganza!" Got them girls across the dam on the pond and was whistling and talking them across when all of the sudden Josie's butt went in the air several times as she was loping slow across the dam and me not prepared for that show again! I reined her in and hollared "now D**N IT, Quit IT!" While the heifers found their way up to the upper pasture and me getting Joise's smart attitude at bay I decided a trip to the Buck Field wasn't going to hurt her one bit. So on for the pictures in the Buck Field......

Josie and I amongst the Poppies, they sure are pretty in person in the greenstone and around the oaks all the way up the hill.......
 -

-

Some of the girls already treed up for the day....
 -

Some scenery around the hills in the Buck Field...
 -

-

One of the many cow trails we use coming down into the creek area. This hill is like a 75-80 degree angle coming down, the picture doesn't really do it any justice......
 -

posting more hang on.....

Edited by cowpony01 2008-04-03 8:18 PM
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
cowpony01
Reg. Mar 2006
Posted 2008-04-03 8:19 PM (#81095 - in reply to #81094)
Subject: RE: Back in the saddle after the flu ride.....

Extreme Veteran

Poppies in the rocks on that same steep hill, looking back up.....
 -

down at the bottom of the hill in the creek....
 -

Now Josie was getting more and more full of herself as the morning wore on. She jumped out of the creek and up onto the rock bank, which is something she never does, and arches her neck and prances all the way out of the creek canyon, which is another steep climb and in some low oaks and brush.

We made it back in one piece a short 3 hour ride, but a hard bouncy one. Guess I need to get Josie out some more here, either that or she just got an attitude with me working Fancy instead of her. Remember, she used to be the only horse I rode all the time, figured the poor gal needed a break, but guess not!

Fancy in the old pear trees where the old stagestop bording house used to sit, the story is that Black Bart roomed here many nights and left before the sun came up and always left his light on so no one would know when he really did leave on out of town.......

-

-

Hope yall enjoyed the nice colors!!!!
N2ridin
Reg. Nov 2003
Posted 2008-04-03 8:35 PM (#81096 - in reply to #81094)

Elite Veteran

I think ole' Josie is mad at you for putting her on the back burner.  I'll bet it was all you could do to hang on, after all that time sick with the flu.  I'd have to think that you might have been kinda weak.  

As always, your place and pictures are awesome.  Josie Rules !

crowleysridgegirl
Reg. Apr 2005
Posted 2008-04-03 10:20 PM (#81102 - in reply to #81094)

Expert

More of those pictures of riding in paradise!
calamityj
Reg. Jun 2005
Posted 2008-04-04 7:37 AM (#81126 - in reply to #81094)

Elite Veteran

Hey now... posting those beautiful pics when some of us are gonna need snorkels for our horses if we ride down here in Missouri! Wow, you are in a good place...
crowleysridgegirl
Reg. Apr 2005
Posted 2008-04-04 7:53 AM (#81129 - in reply to #81126)

Expert

Missouri has comparable places,too,as does western/Nw Arkansas,if we can only GET to them!!!
j&j
Reg. Oct 2005
Posted 2008-04-05 6:33 AM (#81230 - in reply to #81094)

Veteran

Nice pictures and tank top weather...I wish! Those poppies sure are pretty. Spring is trying very hard here in NE MO but needs to break through!

j&j

Edited by j&j 2008-04-05 6:34 AM
Gone
Reg. May 2005
Posted 2008-04-05 7:44 AM (#81235 - in reply to #81094)

Elite Veteran

Beautiful pictures!
Lea Anne
Reg. Mar 2005
Posted 2008-04-13 10:36 PM (#81844 - in reply to #81094)

Veteran

What beautiful pictures! I am so envious! Our North Missouri weather has been awful! Spring seems to be so close but it just doesn't happen!
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)