'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Cimarron(sp?) vs. 4-Star

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2008-02-22 4:07 PM
8 replies, 8231 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

arrestado
Reg. Feb 2008
Posted 2008-02-17 2:40 PM (#77064)
Subject: Cimarron(sp?) vs. 4-Star

This may be a no brainer, as I am well aware that 4-Star has an excellent reputation.  However, I know very little about Cimarron trailers.  I live in AZ and here are the 2 basic quotes:

Cimarron 8'LQ (Sierra interiors) w/ 3' mid and 2 horse straight (yes, I want it configured like that) $43,600 incld tax in AZ VS:

4-Star 8'LQ (Showtime interiors) same config $43,266 incld tax in MI plus I drive to pick it up (~$1000 in gas?)

Who knows about Cimarron?  What are you thoughts?  Thank you very much!

share Top of the page Bottom of the page
coltaffyjo
Reg. Apr 2007
Posted 2008-02-17 5:28 PM (#77089 - in reply to #77064)
Subject: RE: Cimarron(sp?) vs. 4-Star

Regular

Don't forget about after the sale-- service, maintenance, and convenience/location for you. Who will winterize or general troubleshoot your LQ for you ? Are the warranties the same? Which dealer will better service you? Some trailer dealers will pick up a trailer to perform maintenance/warranty issues. That is customer service....!! To answer your question, I have owned a 4 star with an outlaw interior -- I would repurchase a 4 star. I have no experiences with a Cimmarron . If you have any further questions, please I.M. Best of Luck and enjoy whichever you choose!! Paul
barrelsnpcs
Reg. Jan 2004
Posted 2008-02-17 8:08 PM (#77108 - in reply to #77064)

Veteran

I looked at both of those when I was looking at trailers. I wasn't that impressed with either. The 4 Star wasn't as well made as the older 4 Stars. The Cimarron reminded me of a lower end Hart. I went with a Platinum and it is the best pulling trailer I have ever pulled. Just my opinion for what it's worth. And I spent a lot of time researching and looking before I decided on my Platinum. Best of luck.
crowleysridgegirl
Reg. Apr 2005
Posted 2008-02-17 8:20 PM (#77112 - in reply to #77108)

Expert

Yeah,Platinum does make a nice trailer.
paintpaddy
Reg. Mar 2005
Posted 2008-02-17 9:01 PM (#77117 - in reply to #77064)

We're on our second Cimarron LQ, traded last year for a bigger one. Our dealer sells several brands and presents the 4-Star and Cimarron as his two top of the line companies. He orders both with Trail Boss conversions. When camping and comparing to other LQ trailers, over and over again we're grateful to have a trailer as well built as our Cimarron. We were delighed with the first one, just as happy with the new one.

Our best friends bought a 4-Star from the same dealer last year at the same time as our purchase. They are very happy with their unit and, I must say, we are quite impressed with it also. Don't believe you can go wrong with either brand, if the LQ's are finished similarly.

By the way, we were looking at a new Platinum when we traded last year. Almost went that way. Would have had to order a Platinum, the Cimarron was ready to go. I consider the Platinum to be just as high quality as the other two brands. Three of the better trailers on the market.

reinergirl
Reg. Feb 2007
Posted 2008-02-18 8:23 AM (#77137 - in reply to #77064)

Regular

Several of my friends are hauling Cimarron's with Sierra interiors and they have been very pleased. Both Cimarron & Sierra stand behind their product and have gone beyond the warranty on several occasions. I would highly recommend this combination. However, you can't dispute the quality of the 4-Star product. I don't think you can go wrong either way.
BDW
Reg. Feb 2008
Posted 2008-02-20 10:14 PM (#77469 - in reply to #77064)

New User

I personally would go with a 4-star. I own one and I love it. It is a 2002 with a living quaters by Outlaw. I have had several other trailers and they are in no comparison. My Dad works on trailers for a living, he get to take them apart and see the truth about what we expect to keep our horses safe. A year after I purchased my 4-star I was hit by a drunk driver doing about 35-40mph. He t-ed me in the side on the middle to horses on a 4 horse trailer. Needless to say my horses didn't any bumps or bruises and I pulled them home in my 4-star. The trailer took a pretty good lick and only had cosmetic damage. I believe that says alot about the 4-star. It is the only trailer I will ever pull. My Dad also says the 4-star is the best.

Edited by BDW 2008-02-21 8:25 PM
Mandi/Abby
Reg. Sep 2003
Posted 2008-02-21 1:54 PM (#77531 - in reply to #77064)

Charter Member

A friend of mine buys and sells a lot of trailers (buys shells, finished the LQ then sells and starts over) and he REALLY likes the Cimarron trailers. He had a beautiful one that he had finished that he was planning on keeping for himself, but some drunk with a suspended DL hit him and totalled it.

He says they are very well made trailers.

Just what I've heard, for what it's worth.

bjhouten
Reg. Nov 2004
Posted 2008-02-22 4:07 PM (#77632 - in reply to #77064)

Extreme Veteran

I have an '04 Cimarron and love it. I think it comes down to what you perfer in the trailer features & construction when your considering a Cimarron vs 4-Star. Both will last a lifetime if you take care of them.

-Betty

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)