'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Frig problems in Trailer

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2007-08-28 8:27 PM
8 replies, 3525 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

dinero01
Reg. Jun 2006
Posted 2007-08-27 9:33 AM (#66528)
Subject: Frig problems in Trailer

ok, how do you light your frig in the trailer?  I can either cool it by using propane, or elec.

My question - if I am plugged in, (not using the propane)  Do I still need to push in my buttons up on top of the frig to get it lighted, and wait for the needle to get into the green part,?

HElp, I am confused.  I have used it once (in May) worked then, but I can't figure it now......

share Top of the page Bottom of the page
bechack
Reg. Mar 2006
Posted 2007-08-27 12:55 PM (#66554 - in reply to #66528)
Subject: RE: Frig problems in Trailer

Veteran

No, the needle in the green is for the "flame" of the propane.

I only use electric when cooling down for a couple of days before a trip. Use only propane after that. Of course, we go where there is no electric.

dinero01
Reg. Jun 2006
Posted 2007-08-27 2:31 PM (#66572 - in reply to #66528)

ok- so when I am on electricity - it just runs when I turn it the AC control.

Next questions - since it seems not to be lighting w/ the propane - what do I need to check for that is not possibly working?  HOw do I get it to light?

halfpint23
Reg. Aug 2004
Posted 2007-08-28 8:46 AM (#66619 - in reply to #66528)

Veteran

First look and write down the brand name - there will be a maker's plate on it someplace (either inside the fridge itself or outside in the outer vent compartment where it plugs into shore power outlet) where you can get the model number and serial number. THEN go to the manufacturer's website - google them, they ALL have a website - and look for customer service number to call. Most of the manufacturers so have users manuals available for download on their sites, but they are usually large pdf files - not easy to get if you are on a dial-up connection. They will be happy to mail you a users manual, though, if you have the model info. Full operating instructions will be in the manual.Most of the propane models have a valve button you have to hold down (opens the gas valve) while you flick the ignitor button (piezo igniter). Once it lights, you hold the button down for a minute or so, until the thermocouple warms enough to keep the gas valve open. Once it stays lit, you just set the temp and leave it to do it's thing.Get your owners manual and all that will make a lot more sense!
Paints
Reg. Jan 2006
Posted 2007-08-28 9:50 AM (#66621 - in reply to #66528)

Veteran

We have had 3 different Lqs trailers and all had directions somewhere in door of frig.Best bet look around or is booklet or go online for info as above person posted.Be careful, Best of luck.
ponytammy
Reg. Jan 2005
Posted 2007-08-28 11:40 AM (#66631 - in reply to #66528)

Elite Veteran

Gas may not be making it to the fridge to easily start it. If you have a gas stove, light it and let it flame for about 2-3 minutes and then try to start the fridge. It takes awhile to get the gas into the pipes to the fridge. Not to state the obvious, but also, make sure your tank(s) have propane.  There was another post here a few weeks ago with same issue too.
dinero01
Reg. Jun 2006
Posted 2007-08-28 11:44 AM (#66633 - in reply to #66528)

Thanks everyone!

YEs, I have propane. Yes I did search before I posted on frigs. I was just wanting to make sure I was on the right page.

dinero01
Reg. Jun 2006
Posted 2007-08-28 2:12 PM (#66647 - in reply to #66619)

Originally written by halfpint23 on 2007-08-28 8:46 AM

First look and write down the brand name - there will be a maker's plate on it someplace (either inside the fridge itself or outside in the outer vent compartment where it plugs into shore power outlet) where you can get the model number and serial number. THEN go to the manufacturer's website - google them, they ALL have a website - and look for customer service number to call. Most of the manufacturers so have users manuals available for download on their sites, but they are usually large pdf files - not easy to get if you are on a dial-up connection. They will be happy to mail you a users manual, though, if you have the model info. Full operating instructions will be in the manual.Most of the propane models have a valve button you have to hold down (opens the gas valve) while you flick the ignitor button (piezo igniter). Once it lights, you hold the button down for a minute or so, until the thermocouple warms enough to keep the gas valve open. Once it stays lit, you just set the temp and leave it to do it's thing.Get your owners manual and all that will make a lot more sense!

Thank you Halfpint - I appreciate your detailed answer. That helps me alot. I will find this info on frig and go from there. Thanks so much.
headhunter
Reg. Oct 2004
Posted 2007-08-28 8:27 PM (#66665 - in reply to #66528)

Elite Veteran

I don't use gas w/ my fridge very often but when I do I almost always have to light the cooktop first before the fridge will light because there is no gas in the pipes to the fridge.  Lighting the cooktop first is good advice. 
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)