'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
air bags on p/u's

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2006-05-15 7:43 AM
8 replies, 2990 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

moonchaser
Reg. Oct 2003
Posted 2006-05-13 11:24 PM (#41678)
Subject: air bags on p/u's

I was going to do a search on air bags for my p/u before I posted a question.  Now the "search" button is missing.

I want to know what are good websites to find them.  I found some that look like you attach them to the springs or shocks.  My nephew was telling me about some that just bolt to the frame (or axle) under the p/u bed.

I am so confused.  But that isn't hard to do sometimes.

Edited by moonchaser 2006-05-14 12:11 AM
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
Reg
Reg. Oct 2003
Posted 2006-05-14 8:27 AM (#41681 - in reply to #41678)
Subject: RE: air bags on p/u's

Expert

Originally written by moonchaser on 2006-05-13 12:24 AM

I was going to do a search on air bags for my p/u before I posted a question. Now the "search" button is missing.

I want to know what are good websites to find them. I found some that look like you attach them to the springs or shocks. My nephew was telling me about some that just bolt to the frame (or axle) under the p/u bed.

I am so confused. But that isn't hard to do sometimes.

Ain't that the weirdest thing ?
Kinda like the TV ad,
"Can we use your easy button to find my easy button ?"
I'm not going to search for the search button, not wanting to rip the space/time continuum, etc.
Seriously, there has been recent discussion on ad search "improvements", so maybe they've disabled it while they re-fumble things.

Anyway, I think the exact type you get depends on which truck you have and how the bag can be mounted between spring or axle and body or frame.
I got mine from the suspension connection http://www.suspensionconnection.com if I remember correctly. About $250 for a straight bolt up DIY kit, another $250 or so if you want in cab push button control - I havn't added that yet and the more I use the truck the less I feel inclided to add the pump, guages and push button panel. There is also an automatic levelling option. I suggest you first find the kit that fits your truck and then download the installation instructions from Firestone's web site. This will give you some idea of whether or not you want to DIY.
Reg
Reg. Oct 2003
Posted 2006-05-14 9:48 AM (#41685 - in reply to #41678)

Expert

Ahh, Gottit (-:
The search button is still there, well sort of, it has been "commented out" of the source code. That usually means it's removal is temporary.
So now I'm REALLY believing that they're mucking with the ad listings and some new search functions. I just HOPE there will be free form text search and sorting when it returns (-:

Theres nothing unethical about looking at the source code, right ?
It isn't "hacking" in the any sense of the word (-:
moonchaser
Reg. Oct 2003
Posted 2006-05-14 10:19 AM (#41688 - in reply to #41678)

They said over on BarrelHorseWorld, that they are having technical difficulties with the search engine.  Hopfully they will have it fixed tomorrow.

I did look around last night for the air lift bags.  And found the prices really tend to vary.  And it is hard to find any for an F-150, but I did.  Now to find them again, I was tired and didn't save the website.

Reg
Reg. Oct 2003
Posted 2006-05-14 2:02 PM (#41702 - in reply to #41688)

Expert

Originally written by moonchaser on 2006-05-14 11:19 AM

They said over on BarrelHorseWorld, that they are having technical difficulties with the search engine. Hopfully they will have it fixed tomorrow.

I did look around last night for the air lift bags. And found the prices really tend to vary. And it is hard to find any for an F-150, but I did. Now to find them again, I was tired and didn't save the website.

Suspensionconnection had the best prices when I got mine about 3 months ago.
If you can't find a listing for your truck on their web site go directly to Firestone - IIRC you have to follow the "industrial" link on their main page.
Reg
Reg. Oct 2003
Posted 2006-05-14 3:31 PM (#41704 - in reply to #41702)

Expert

Just to make it even EASIER:
http://www.firestoneindustrial.com/north_america/index.htm
click on the ride-rite logo on the right hand side, or go here:
http://www.ride-rite.com directly.
There seems to be plenty of coverage for F150 Fords of various years, 2 or 4WD, lifted vs stock, etc.
moonchaser
Reg. Oct 2003
Posted 2006-05-14 6:07 PM (#41705 - in reply to #41678)

Thanks so much for the help.  I have found what I need, and can order it from either Suspensionconnection or from JEGS.  They are more expensive than what my nephew said, but that is ok.

My husband & I can put them on, no problem.

Painted Horse
Reg. May 2005
Posted 2006-05-14 10:49 PM (#41720 - in reply to #41705)

Expert

I just installed the RideRites 2400s on my F350.  It was about a two hour job.  I had to do some very minor grinding to get mine bracket to fit over the axle. ( The instructions suggested I probably would, so no surprises)

There are a couple of choices. Those that fit directly over the springs and others that sit just inside the springs on the axle. For the F350, the ones on the springs require you to drill a couple of holes, the ones I bought that sit on the axle, hooked up through the same bolts that hold my B&W Turnover ball. No drilling sounded good to me.

Like Reg, I installed mine with out the compressor and guages. Figured if I decide I need them I can add them later. For now I saved a couple of hundred bucks. Besided I have a compressor in the garage and one of those little battery operated mini compressors behind the back seat in case I need to blow up a flat.

iCE CRM
Reg. Jan 2005
Posted 2006-05-15 7:43 AM (#41723 - in reply to #41720)

Extreme Veteran

You can try Camping World I just got a flyer from them about a week ago and they were running them on special. There's are Air Lift and I had them on my previous truck. They worked great and I didn;t have the on board compressor either., Just ran the lines to come out and replaced the two srews that hold on the liscense plate. I had one of the little pumps but never used it , I just carried one of those 10 gallon air tanks. I think they get 116 dollars to install plus the kit.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)