'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
DIY weekender pky

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2006-03-12 2:21 PM
8 replies, 2560 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

ctdrumrunr
Reg. Mar 2004
Posted 2006-03-11 2:35 PM (#38660)
Subject: DIY weekender pky

I know it has been discussed previously, so where can I find in search the topic to do your own dressing room, wiring, insulation, paneling and cabinets? Help. We can't find anyone to do it for us, so looks like I will have to try it.
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
ctdrumrunr
Reg. Mar 2004
Posted 2006-03-11 3:26 PM (#38663 - in reply to #38660)
Subject: RE: DIY weekender pky

No one knows?? 

What about this. When you insulate between the alum. supports, do you insulate the supports too? If not won't they sweat thru the paneling and leave water stains eventually?

Dawnya
Reg. Aug 2004
Posted 2006-03-11 3:55 PM (#38664 - in reply to #38660)

Extreme Veteran

link to my album below:

ctdrumrunr
Reg. Mar 2004
Posted 2006-03-11 6:21 PM (#38674 - in reply to #38660)

Dawnya I have seen your trailer on BHW. I have the same trailer almost. I am just not very handy, while hubby is, he isn't thrilled to do this.
milliecat
Reg. Aug 2005
Posted 2006-03-11 6:59 PM (#38676 - in reply to #38660)

CT- I am relatively new to the horse world and just bought my first trailer.  Being an ambitious, try most things type person, I laboriously researched doing my own weekend pkg.  I was completely undaunted by my lack of electrical or carpentry skills.  I found several resources that made it seem possible.

And then a little tap on my shoulder... maybe think again.  I consulted with a local trailer company here and also started to research conversion companies.  Surprisingly, I found a weekend pkg that was within my budget ($6000-$7000).  The trailer was picked up from the trailer co. and I just got it back today.  It is FABULOUS!! 

I never could have done this job.  And now my trailer really has great resale potential too.  I sure had to scrimp and save to afford this, but it was money so well spent!

If you want to consider this route, talk with a local trailer dealership for help

ctdrumrunr
Reg. Mar 2004
Posted 2006-03-11 7:15 PM (#38677 - in reply to #38660)

I have talked to the dealership where I bought my trailer and one closer to me and they both tell me they don't do interiors and to find a carpenter. they said when someone buys new they are done by whatever the trailer company uses and it comes in done for the buyer. I really thought they would be able to do it and thats what I was planning on. I live in the Northeast and there are no conversion companies close. So now I need plan B- DIY. thanks though
ctdrumrunr
Reg. Mar 2004
Posted 2006-03-11 7:17 PM (#38678 - in reply to #38660)

When you do the LQ yourself, what do you put on the floor. Do you tear out the carpet and put down a sub floor and then put wood or tile or linoleum over that? Is there insulation between the floor and sub floor?
Turfa
Reg. Mar 2004
Posted 2006-03-11 11:27 PM (#38688 - in reply to #38660)

Veteran

When I did my conversion, I was not planning on camping when it gets real cold, so I left the carpet in place.  It was stuck down with contact cement so it was easy to lift up in the area that I removed.  Other's on the board have removed everythin down to the bare floor then put foam insulation down and covered it with plywood.  Plan ahead to keep your joints to a minimum and out of the trafic area as much as possible.  I like my carpet as things that get set down tend to remain in that spot with out sliding.  The down side is the collection of dirt, so I added a throw rug.  My web site has some before and after pictures, with some explaination.  Macwall's web site is also excellent.  Two different layouts with the same trailer. Take a look.  http://home.earthlink.net/~dheismann/
cowgirl31
Reg. Jun 2005
Posted 2006-03-12 2:21 PM (#38705 - in reply to #38664)

Originally written by Dawnya on 2006-03-11 3:55 PM

link to my album below:

that looks nice good work

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format