'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Loretta Lynn Ranch

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2008-10-26 3:30 PM
7 replies, 8767 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Camp & Trail  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

LazyDayHorseFarm
Reg. Jan 2005
Posted 2008-09-27 9:39 PM (#92230)
Subject: Loretta Lynn Ranch

I was just wondering if anyone has been on the Loretta Lynn Ride in TN. I'll be going on their Halloween weekend ride at the end of October and I was just wondering what type of trails I can expect. I would also like opinions on their campground.  Thanks!
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
Diamond Cut Cowboy
Reg. Apr 2007
Posted 2008-10-03 11:32 AM (#92517 - in reply to #92230)
Subject: RE: Loretta Lynn Ranch

hi,

We went a few years ago to the Labor Day week ride. The campground is wonderful! Clean bathrooms, the host are great too! the trails are pretty easy as long as you have riding this year.
i would carry something for sand fleas...seven dust is something good to use. Spray it on your horses lower legs and on the ground where they are staying while you are there..
trailride4fun
Reg. Jul 2007
Posted 2008-10-07 8:53 AM (#92704 - in reply to #92230)

This weekend we found a well kept secret . . .  Loretta Lynn's Wrangler Camp. This was not an organized ride weekend.  The wrangler camp has been open for two years and it is beautiful!  Very, Very clean and well kept.  Nice level spots with electric and water or you can camp down by the creek primitive.  There are corral pens you can keep your horses in for free or board in a bnew barn that is great for $10 a night per horse.  Trails are great, very well marked with plenty of hills.  Need shoes on your horses a little rocky but nothing major.  It is a cross between LBL and Eminence.  The folks are very nice and willing to please.  You'll have to check out the little grocery, sandwich shop, ice-cream parlor, and coffee cafe on top of the hill at the regular RV park.  We rode right in behind Loretta's house which was amazing!  You can also ride into the western town on horseback, by golf cart rental, or drive.  Plenty of tourist attractions.  There are shops, coal mine #5, an old mill, museum, Loretta's place, and butcher holler.  Don't forget to go into town and try the Log Cabin restaurant, it is great! 
rose
Reg. Feb 2004
Posted 2008-10-07 9:55 AM (#92710 - in reply to #92230)

Did you have the buttermilk pie at the Log Cabin?
Shari
Reg. Jan 2005
Posted 2008-10-07 4:07 PM (#92720 - in reply to #92230)

Veteran

Can you camp here anytime or just for organized rides?
kershawsowner
Reg. Jan 2006
Posted 2008-10-25 9:33 AM (#93604 - in reply to #92230)

Veteran

there is a website for lorettal lynns ranch..we like going there its real close for us...the new barn is just awesome really awesome...the campground is clean but small.. we always call and see how busy they are before going..you can make reservations and reserve your stalls also which is nice.. the trails are pretty good not the greatest i have rode but its all what you make it i guess...as a whole package its worth checking out.... happy trails...
dweber2000
Reg. Oct 2008
Posted 2008-10-25 10:56 AM (#93611 - in reply to #92720)

I was not impressed with trails or organized ride. Have not stayed at Wrangler Camp. dweber2000MedicineHatGirl
kershawsowner
Reg. Jan 2006
Posted 2008-10-26 3:30 PM (#93668 - in reply to #92230)

Veteran

never been on one of the organiezed rides at loretta lynns...we always just go in a  small group.. lbl wrangler camp and l lynns are not in the same ballpark as far as campsites and trails go..but its only 45 min from us and worth a few day getaway thats not expensive to get to...lbl has around 150 campsites,3 barns with 30 stalls and 2 barns with 20 stalls a resturant,playground for kids,miles miles of marked trails all flat ground  for trailer sites,  were loretta lynns has around 10 or 15 sites one big barn not so great of trails its just no comparision..wranglers is more compared to eastfork but eastfork has prettier trails.. happy trails
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)