'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Strange problem w/ water heater

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2006-07-10 10:31 AM
7 replies, 3563 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

bjhouten
Reg. Nov 2004
Posted 2006-07-07 10:36 AM (#44194)
Subject: Strange problem w/ water heater

Extreme Veteran

My O2 alarm goes off when I take a shower. I turn on my water heater anywhere from 10 minutes to 30 minutes before I take a shower, and the alarm does not go off. But once I get in the shower, about 2 minutes into the shower, the alarm goes off. This only seems to happen for the first day, then after that, the alarm doesn't go off. If I'm running hot water to wash dishes it doesn't happen, and of course if I leave by LQ door open, it doesn't happen. I don't smell any gas or strange odor. I haven't checked the fitting on the hot water heater yet. I would think if it was leaking that the alarm would go off while it is heating. My gas is always turned on so that my friedge will switch over if the power goes off. I close the door to the bathroom when I'm taking a shower. Any ideas?

-Betty
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
hosspuller
Reg. Oct 2003
Posted 2006-07-07 11:29 AM (#44201 - in reply to #44194)
Subject: RE: Strange problem w/ water heater

Expert

Do you run a vent fan in the bath area or anywhere else?  Closing the bathroom door "might" cause negative air pressure that pulls the heater exhaust into the LQ.
bjhouten
Reg. Nov 2004
Posted 2006-07-07 12:10 PM (#44204 - in reply to #44201)

Extreme Veteran

Originally written by hosspuller on 2006-07-07 11:29 AM

Do you run a vent fan in the bath area or anywhere else?  Closing the bathroom door "might" cause negative air pressure that pulls the heater exhaust into the LQ.

That sounds like a possiblity. I'm going to LBJ Grasslands this weekend. I'll try running the bathroom fan and see if that helps. The A/C was running when the alarm went off this weekend.

Thanks,
Betty

longearsrule
Reg. Apr 2006
Posted 2006-07-07 3:20 PM (#44220 - in reply to #44204)

Extreme Veteran

I had that happen once when I was showering and I think it was from the hot water putting off condensation. I don't know if that would do it or not. It has only done it once, since then I have kept a fan blowing by it or the walk thru door open if I thought the hot water might do it again.
Longrider
Reg. Oct 2004
Posted 2006-07-07 4:17 PM (#44229 - in reply to #44194)

Extreme Veteran

Betty: be forewarned that we are having an endurance ride this weekend at LBJ with the ride starting at TADRA Camp trailhead.  I heard that there are already about 60 pre-registered, so will probably be a large turnout.  Unless that's what you're coming out for.

bjhouten
Reg. Nov 2004
Posted 2006-07-08 11:32 AM (#44265 - in reply to #44229)

Extreme Veteran

Hi Longrider,

I'm going w/ friends that are in the endurance ride to see what's it all about . They think my new Walker would be great on endurance rides. She may be, but I might not be up for it. Sounds like fun, so I thought I'd go see.

-Betty

Edited by bjhouten 2006-07-08 11:33 AM
Longrider
Reg. Oct 2004
Posted 2006-07-09 8:56 PM (#44313 - in reply to #44194)

Extreme Veteran

Hi Betty: My wife reminded me that when we first got our LQ trailer we had the same problem with the sensor. She learned that if she ran the hot water faucet for about a minute before igniting the water heater the sensor didn't go off. Something about a buildup of vapors in the heater when it sets unused for awhile and getting fresh water into the water heater. Try and see if it works for you.      Did you make it to the endurance ride.  Hope you had a good ride if you attempted it. Wife and I both completed ours. It was a beautiful night for an endurance ride in the moonlight. We also saw several Rexall wranglers riding 'pleasure' on the trails. Those are the ones with the cans of "prescription medication" in their hands and saddle bags.

bjhouten
Reg. Nov 2004
Posted 2006-07-10 10:31 AM (#44346 - in reply to #44313)

Extreme Veteran

Originally written by Longrider on 2006-07-09 8:56 PM

Hi Betty: My wife reminded me that when we first got our LQ trailer we had the same problem with the sensor. She learned that if she ran the hot water faucet for about a minute before igniting the water heater the sensor didn't go off. Something about a buildup of vapors in the heater when it sets unused for awhile and getting fresh water into the water heater. Try and see if it works for you.      Did you make it to the endurance ride.  Hope you had a good ride if you attempted it. Wife and I both completed ours. It was a beautiful night for an endurance ride in the moonlight. We also saw several Rexall wranglers riding 'pleasure' on the trails. Those are the ones with the cans of "prescription medication" in their hands and saddle bags.

Hi Longrider,

I didn't ride, just attended the meetings and hung out at the vet check till about 11:30 to see how it all works. I did a ride w/ my girl friend Friday evening & Saturday morining. I had the black & white TW across from the vet check station, if you noticed her. I might try it this fall when it cools off some, and I don't think she's ready for 25 miles just yet. If was fun to see all the different riders & horses.

I didn't take a shower, but running the hot water line sounds like a good idea. I could see there being a slight build up when the trailer just sits for awhile.

-Betty

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)