'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
hayrack water-tank/shower

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2006-04-09 8:44 AM
7 replies, 4425 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

jackbrat
Reg. Sep 2005
Posted 2006-03-24 11:46 PM (#39484)
Subject: hayrack water-tank/shower

Elite Veteran

has anyone installed a cowboy shower using the hayrack water caddy? I want to install an inexpensive shower in the rear stall of the trailer that has water pressure as well as temperature control. what brands names did you use and how did you do it? any pictures? Thanks!
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
threehorses
Reg. Mar 2006
Posted 2006-03-25 7:52 PM (#39506 - in reply to #39484)
Subject: RE: hayrack water-tank/shower

You can actually buy the cowboy showers (called external showers) through most RV shops online, or get blems on sale through Ebay with just some cosmetic damage. They don't do pressure by themselves, but it's conceivable that you could just have a 12volt water pump. You wouldn't really even have to use a self priming one since the water source is going to be above the pump anyway. There are various kinds. As for water temperature, if you want hot water you're going to have to find a way to do a water heater. There are some that are electric that don't require a tank (check out Ebay for examples and then buy elsewhere), there are others that you can buy that require electricity that have a small tank (like the kind you'd use to wash your horse at a fairground - might do good double-duty, not just have one use but you'd have to see if it would work for this application). And then there are propane kinds which have a tank but require a propane system to work.

Just some ideas.

Nathalie
mingiz
Reg. Jul 2004
Posted 2006-03-28 6:57 PM (#39680 - in reply to #39484)

Elite Veteran

I only have city hook up for my trailer so when I rough camp I carry a 25 gal water tank and sit it on the truck tailgate and hooked up a easy flow water pump that runs off of battery. I have a electric hot water heater not sure tank size 3gal(?) It works pretty good. I run a generator for the electric. I have plenty of hot water for a good shower.
threehorses
Reg. Mar 2006
Posted 2006-04-06 8:30 PM (#40050 - in reply to #39680)

Originally written by mingiz on 2006-03-28 6:57 PM
I have a electric hot water heater not sure tank size 3gal(?) It works pretty good. I run a generator for the electric.

I'm looking for an electric hot water heater for my trailer, so I'm curious - which one are you using and are you happy with it?

Nathalie

threehorses
Reg. Mar 2006
Posted 2006-04-06 8:30 PM (#40051 - in reply to #39680)

I have a electric hot water heater not sure tank size 3gal(?) It works pretty good. I run a generator for the electric.

I'm looking for an electric hot water heater for my trailer, so I'm curious - which one are you using and are you happy with it?

Nathalie

Dawnya
Reg. Aug 2004
Posted 2006-04-07 6:41 AM (#40066 - in reply to #40051)

Extreme Veteran

Originally written by threehorses on 2006-04-06 8:30 PM

Nathalie

I wanted one too until I saw how much power they use! 

threehorses
Reg. Mar 2006
Posted 2006-04-07 1:23 PM (#40080 - in reply to #40066)

I wanted one too until I saw how much power they use!

Yeah, I have heard something similar... What did you end up using? I know we're going to get one of those coleman hot water on demand systems for showering (which we'll be doing outside of the living quarters or in the back of the trailer). I just sold a truck camper that had the six gallon propane Atwood pilot type water heater, but sheesh it was a bit unnerving! I don't think we'll really need much hot water anyway - just some for washing up chores, something with a small tank.

Nathalie

mingiz
Reg. Jul 2004
Posted 2006-04-09 8:44 AM (#40147 - in reply to #40051)

Elite Veteran

It's made by Ariston. Here's the link. I have the GL4 I always have hot water.

http://www.electricwaterheaters.com/ariston/aristonwwaterheaters.htm

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)