'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Should i be concerned?

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2009-03-11 12:21 PM
7 replies, 3298 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

levie
Reg. Jan 2009
Posted 2009-03-11 9:14 AM (#101115)
Subject: Should i be concerned?

I took my horse trailer to a local dealer to sell. they did a good job on posting pictures and getting it moved fast. Verry Friendly to work with. The problem I am having is I have not got paid yet. it was sold on the 16th of last month. and they told me it would only take a couple of weeks to get my portion. So I have called a couple of times and was told that the did not actualy get the check for the trailer until the 23rd of last month. and when the sales person  checked they still have not sent out my check. I was told to wait untill next week, and if it has not came then call them back? That would be aprox 4 wks. Sould I be concerned this company is having problems??? I would hate to jump the gun but I am afraid I might not get my money.
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
retento
Reg. Aug 2004
Posted 2009-03-11 9:26 AM (#101117 - in reply to #101115)
Subject: RE: Should i be concerned?

Expert

Sounds like they may be jerking you around... They're using your money to pay off some of their bills... Seems like there has been enough time for the check to clear the bank, I would be all in their face. My trailer is gone and I ain't got my money yet!!! Was the dealer getting a percentage of the total sales amount? Or, were they to run the ad, handle the sale for a certain said amount..... You got a written contract with the dealer? If not, you may never see any money. Did you sign over the title already?

Or maybe it just takes a long time for everything to fall in place, just seems slower than it actually is.

Good luck, maybe you'll get your cash soon!!

Edited by retento 2009-03-11 9:27 AM
levie
Reg. Jan 2009
Posted 2009-03-11 9:39 AM (#101119 - in reply to #101115)

yes I have already sighned over the title on the 16th of last month. and the were suposed to only take out 10%. I also got charged for them to do a inspection($140.00) I had to pay up front. They had to fix somthing with the brake witch was a additional $90.00 I paid for it right then. So I am getting a little worried.
Tresvolte
Reg. Feb 2008
Posted 2009-03-11 9:57 AM (#101121 - in reply to #101115)

Most dealerships aren't going to send out the title to the new owner until 15 days after the check is deposited. I would think on a consignment that they would treat it the same way on the check that they send you. Today is only the 16th day since they received the check. Ask to talk to the person that would be sending out the check, not the salesperson. Ask them if the check has been sent and if it hasn't, when can you pick it up (some dealers will only do check runs on certain days). It is a reasonable request and they should have no problem giving you that information.

gard
Reg. Aug 2007
Posted 2009-03-11 9:58 AM (#101122 - in reply to #101115)

Expert

It sounds as if a face to face interview with the trailer dealer's owner is necessary. If this is not possible because of obvious stalling, a call to your state's attorney general's office should be your next step. While this is not yet a criminal action,talking to your local police dept may offer some insight. Your local small claims court would limit you to a fixed amount of recovery, probably lower than the value of the trailer.

You are being jerked around. You now have to be demanding and deliberate. In your next conversation with the company, you should instill the idea that you will not tolerate any further delays, and you are prepared to effect legal action against them. I would offer them a 24 hr grace period from your next communication, and then go after them.

Keep record of everything you and the dealer has done; who you talked to and when. Use emailings; while it's not legal in some states, tape your phone calls. You need all the facts you can muster to strengthen your case.

BOL  Gard

rose
Reg. Feb 2004
Posted 2009-03-11 10:26 AM (#101125 - in reply to #101115)

suggest you take a low key approach and talk to the person who does the check issuing and ask when you can come pick up your check.....and just be real nice and sweet and complimentary of how fast the dealer was able to get the trailer sold, and that you wouldn't be calling but times are hard and you need the money etcetera.....

The point is to get your money.........if the above does not work, then you will need to make a report to your local law enforcement office.......if you had insurance on your trailer you might want to report this matter to your insurance too,  good luck and please keep us posted.

gard
Reg. Aug 2007
Posted 2009-03-11 10:51 AM (#101129 - in reply to #101115)

Expert

Rose is right and should be hired as your negotiator.

I had earlier received a scamming phone call about the health of my daughter which left me quite upset. I should not have answered the thread in the manner I did. Sorry

Listen to Rose and follow her advice. If that doesn't work, then act like a Pit Bull.

Gard

levie
Reg. Jan 2009
Posted 2009-03-11 12:21 PM (#101135 - in reply to #101115)

I called and did the polite thing I did ask to speek with the lady that handled the checks. She was plesant to talk to and asured me that my check was in her hands and would be mailing it today. She said that the sales  had misplaced the title and just found it. so I should see it in the next day or two.  If the sales had lost it, if they would of just told me it would of ben better than the "well I don't know why" answers I have ben getting. So I hope that she is truthfull. I will keep you posted. Thanks for all your advice. PS somtimes pitbulls do wear lipstick.

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)