'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Curtain for cowboy shower

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2008-07-10 11:50 AM
6 replies, 5524 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

4manyhorses
Reg. Jul 2008
Posted 2008-07-09 12:51 PM (#87140)
Subject: Curtain for cowboy shower

New User

You all helped me decide not to try to replace the gooseneck weekender with a truck camper.

Now I have another question...there's a cowboy shower in the back. The trailer is open at the top and the previous owner made shower curtains that go ALL the way around the entire horse (4) area. Now, you can't really see in...unless of course, you happen to be riding by on a horse, which could happen. One of hubby's complaints is the time and trouble it takes to hang these curtains. He does it because I'm too short and would need to keep dragging a stepstool. My original idea was to rig up some shower curtains on a hula hoop that could simply be stuck up there and taken down. We did not come up with a good way to anchor the hula hoop so the idea was discarded.
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
Dunoir
Reg. Sep 2005
Posted 2008-07-09 1:03 PM (#87142 - in reply to #87140)
Subject: RE: Curtain for cowboy shower

Elite Veteran

There was a thread about 6 months ago regarding this... I traveled with a good friend for 3 years that has a cowboy shower and we never put anything up.  She's only 5' and I'm 5'7" and might be putting on a show for riders that pass by, but that rarely happens.  

Now I have a trailer with a cowboy shower as well.  I do hang a towel over the one window on the driver side, the divider blocks the other window, so it's just the large side window on the right - note where we camp we aren't usually real close to another trailer and I often make sure that side is next to the woods, so it hasn't been an issue.

It's my experience that people aren't really in the habit of looking into the back of people's trailers, so I don't worry about it.

retento
Reg. Aug 2004
Posted 2008-07-09 2:05 PM (#87149 - in reply to #87140)

Expert

Read this thread, it may give you some ideas.

http://www.horsetrailerworld.com/forum/thread-view.asp?threadid=8723

http://www.campingworld.com/browse/skus/index.cfm?skunum=30928&src=SRQB

Edited by retento 2008-07-09 2:08 PM
KeepsakeFarm
Reg. Feb 2008
Posted 2008-07-09 8:15 PM (#87172 - in reply to #87140)

Veteran

If I can figure out how to attach a picture, I'll add the one that was sent to me when we were asking about the cowboy shower.  What we finally did was use the square plastic washing machine drain pan, added a dohicky to screw a garden hose on, and bought a lightweight garden hose so that we can send the water away from the trailer and not cause a muddy mess for ourselves or others. 

We haven't added the actual shower curtain yet, but will as soon as we find the right material.  It can be round or square.  I want the shower curtain as much for drafts as privacy and I certainly don't plan on needing it too often as I put a sparyer on the sink so that I can wash my hair easily and that's great.

Good luck and pass on any good ideas you have!

terri s
Reg. Sep 2005
Posted 2008-07-09 8:45 PM (#87173 - in reply to #87140)

Elite Veteran

My trailer is made with a small ledge slightly above the windows. I bought a length of PVC and plan to hang a regular shower curtain on it and just prop it on that ledge. Depending ontour setup, you could run a single panel along the side or run it crossways to make a stall.
karynzoo
Reg. Mar 2008
Posted 2008-07-09 9:18 PM (#87176 - in reply to #87140)

Regular

I just use clothes pins and pin up cut out fabric on all the windows (to the bars) to give me some privacy.  Works fine and takes about 2 minutes to hang.
ghbb41
Reg. Jul 2007
Posted 2008-07-10 11:50 AM (#87208 - in reply to #87140)

Veteran

My hubby is 6-4, we shut the stall divider and hang a towel in the windows on each side, takes about 10 seconds, if any one wants to look, all they can see is feet.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)